If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Old Republic

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

you guys

patch 1.3 is gonna drop in a few hours

so psyched for group finder you guys don't even know

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    eeeeeeeeee
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

sweeeet

• edited 2012-06-26 07:42:09

According to TOR's Twitter, the servers will be back up in twenty minutes or so.

In the meantime, I too am looking forward to group finder since I just got this Heroic 4 for Alderaan called Red-Handed, and I don't want to move on with my BH story until I've completely wrapped things up on Alderaan with my Consular as well (except for the bonus series, when I'll get back to after I level some more).

Added Akasaka and Memah on my Imp, btw.  With luck we can get that guild founded on one side or the other.

I also saw a familiar face doing the most recent part of my Consular story, namely Nadia!  I was not expecting her to pop up so soon, particularly since she's apparently gonna be living on my ship for a long time, through the addition of Zenith and Felix, until I guess somebody looks at her and goes "Hey, this lady's Force-sensitive!  She needs to be trained by somebody, and we know just the man for the job!"

My reaction to something related was "Wait, really?  REALLY?!  Er, well, okay, if that's what they wanna do..." upon finding out that my relatively small ship has become the temporary home of all the Rift Alliance ambassadors.  Hopefully there's more than one refresher station on board...

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, Nadia is Senator Grell's daughter.

I think that is revealed by that point in the story?

Anyway, the circumstances around her becoming your Padawan are... remarkably different to that.

• edited 2012-06-26 07:53:31

Okay, I guess I'll find out.  And yeah, that's been revealed.  See, what happened was I decided to play the beginning part of Chapter Two before it told me "Go to this planet and do stuff."  So it tells me to go and talk to these Rift Alliance guys, and I'm like "Okay, let's talk to them."  I show up at the ship and take a distress call and I'm like "Hey, I know that face!  Is that Nadia?!"  And then she says something like "Can anybody hear me?  This is Nadia Grell, and..." while I'm sitting there thinking "Wait, what?  She's not already a Jedi?  I was expecting her to already be a Jedi and get assigned to me later!  I guess that's not how it goes.  Weird."  And then I saved everybody's asses, including her father's.

Btw, it's weird how the Council has granted me the title of Jedi Master, and yet the game doesn't let me select that title at this time.  I know I can select Beren-whatever, but that just does not have the same ring to it.

Wait, you got Bar'senthor before you got Jedi Master? But being a Jedi Master is a prerequisite for being named Bar'senthor... :V

As for Nadia, you'll find she's a bit weird like this. The... the thing is, Nadia is kind of unique. She's a speshul snowflake. I mean, can you actually tell me what race Nadia is? I don't think you can; as far as I know, Nadia is one of the first of her race to be revealed, and she is the first Force-Sensitive to be revealed from her planet. Not only that, she is kind of uniquely gifted in the Force, on top of being almost as strong in the Force as the Knight and the Consular.

Or, in layman's terms; my Padawan dick is bigger than your Padawan dick.

The Consular is kind of unappreciated like this, because the fluff/lore here is not really supported by any gameplay mechanics. However, story-wise, the Consular may very well be the most dangerous out of all of the characters in the game. I mean, by the end of the game, the Bar'senthor has the command of a small army of assorted Esh'ka and Voss commandos as well as a Voss mystic, and has a close alliance with the entire Rift Alliance. The Bar'senthor has not only personally liberated Balmorra, he/she has also been instrumental in setting up House Organa on the throne of Alderaan, and has prevented the Empire from gaining any significant assets on Quesh. Before the Bar'senthor had even been named a Jedi Master, he/she personally fights half a dozen Jedi Masters, at least one of whom was on the Jedi Council, and succeeds- quite possibly weakening him/herself every time in the process. He/she then goes on to fight an ancient Sith Lord in the body of a Jedi Master, who has vampiric properties and quite possibly fights you with power siphoned off the other Jedi masters on top of his own considerable power. Afterwards, you are personally responsible for fighting and personally defeating over a dozen Children of the Emperor, before fighting the First Son of the Emperor in close combat and overcoming his willpower with your own. You have the personal loyalty of a uniquely gifted and incredibly powerful and loyal Padawan of a heretofore unknown race, a Trandoshan hunter of unparallelled skill across the galaxy, one of the most brilliant scientists in the galaxy focusing on ancient technology, a fairly brilliant (albeit dull) soldier with great military skill, and an ex-terrorist/freedom fighter turned politician. And you're a member of the fucking Jedi council.

I mean, those accomplishments might not look like much compared to killing a clone of the Emperor, but that's a goddamned impressive resume- and that's just including storyline events, not even thinking about Flashpoints and stuff.

• They named me Bar'senthor after I stopped Vivicar's plague for good by shielding him from Morhage's influence.  Then they told me about the Rift Alliance and wanted me to talk some sense into them and address their concerns, and as I recall they said "You know, it won't do for anybody less than a Jedi Master to be sent to do this, and considering everything you've done so far we think you're worthy of the title."

That makes no sense. Why would a Master be capable if the Bar'Senthor wasn't?

• Dunno, just telling you how it progressed for me.  That was the order it happened, for whatever reason.

Although I guess if they didn't name me a Master, then I'd have to go around to everybody explaining what a Bar'Senthor was and that yes, I was an important person in the Jedi Order.

I get why they named you a Jedi Master. I just don't see why they raised you to Bar'Senthor without also raising you to Jedi Master.

• Because Jedi are weird, I guess.

I mean, Bar'Senthor kinda seems like a Master-only title, you know? The sort of thing that, if you managed a feat that would actually make you worthy of a title, would mean you had already long surpassed the requirements to be a Master.

• probably human

Argh, my antivirus seems to think that SWTOR.exe is a virus

Screw you too Avira

• edited 2012-06-26 18:11:03
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's an online thing put out by EA, so you never know.
  • edited 2012-06-29 08:51:48

Faress has joined a guild called Moral Compass on the Imp side.  I've only been a member for a couple days but it seems like a cool guild so far, and I could probably get anybody in who wants to join.

Also, I'd like to ask people's opinion on a future character name.  If I made a Sith Warrior and had him romance Vette rather than Jaessa, and I named him "Cor" or some variation on that, would that be lame?

• edited 2012-06-29 09:07:43
    probably human

It'd be simultaneously lame and hilarious.

• edited 2012-07-03 16:47:55
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

lfg hm shadows sentinel tank nuke dps spec empty slot open

Upsides of server merges: There are actually people around.

Downsides of server merges: ... There are actually people around.

If I see another goddamned person saying anything like the above ever again, I will personally shove my lightsaber where the sun don't shine.

And if another person flips me off because I got one of the fucking weapons crates, whatever.

I like having people actually around on my server, but I hate having fucking people on my server. Go away and leave my quest objectives alone plz.

Also, they fixed the time delay on Project, so it's insta-cast now. That caused me more than a bit of confusion at first :V I want my hanging rocks dammit.

• I reacted more or less the same way to the rock thing; thought it was a bug at first, because I wasn't seeing the rocks or debris at ALL.  Either I got more observant since then or they made some minor changes, because now I see them just fine as levitating near the target and then slamming into it.

So anyway, in the interest of interacting with non-irritating people, let's see if we can get this guild launched.  "Never Tell Us The Odds" is still the name, and as far as a time goes for four of us to visit the registrar on the Pub side I've got no strong preference.  Whatever works best for the other three people.

Alkthash and I will be playing this Saturday (Friday for him, I think). If Lin can play, or if Forzare or perhaps DMBoogie feels like jumping on, then that's a good day for it.

• Okay, what time on Saturday will that be?

In other news, I was looking at stuff on the GTN and I saw one seller was named Kilgoretrout.  And that's not me, and I'm scared now because who knows what else this vile imposter will do to ruin my good(ish) name?! 0_0

Um, I'll be logging in around noon my time on Saturday.

I'll have to ask Alkthash next time I see him, and report in. o7

Also, Feyrl has been renamed Tempera.

• I'll definitely try to be there.

Shall we network on #ijbm?

Yes. When I get back.

• edited 2012-07-05 19:23:27

So yeah, when you said things didn't go the way I thought they would with Nadia, Nova, you weren't kidding!  I'm in the process of finishing up on Quesh right now, and at Attis Station I saw Nadia confront a team of Sith and suddenly just Force Wave them all off their feet and then act like that ain't no big thing.  I'm like "Wait, what?  You're Force-sensitive?!" and she's like "We'll talk about it later!"

And now I'm going to log into the game and see what she says...

Yeah, it gets even... different-er.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    When tonight and with which characters tonight Nova? I can't start PMs on my phone. I'll be off work and home and ready to play in about 4 hours.

As for annoying players, tell them that pressing alt + f4 does something really cool.

I thought you meant tomorrow. :V

If you'd like, I can be online on Feyrl/Tempera in an hour and fifteen minutes though.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Still stuck at work for another 3 hours. See when you said Friday I thought you meant mine, just early in the morning.

Tomorrow I have the same schede, except I'm stuck at work for another extra hour.

Nah, I meant Friday night for you. Like, a day from now. :V