If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM Film Club!

Comments

• The concept behind this interests me, but I don't think I'll want to bother for this week since it's a movie I've already seen more than once.
  • You can change. You can.
    Would you be up for it next week? We're (probably) watching No Country For Old Men.

Or [Insert historical and pretentious movie here]
  • Most likely. I've heard it's a good movie.
  • $80+ per session
    Just got the Princess Bride DVD, so I'm totally good to play it.
  • $80+ per session
    ...It's five est.

No one's in the chat.
    Welp, that was amazing.

Anyway, we're watching No Country For Old Men next week, gentlemen. And then, thanks to Alex's suggestion, Black Death (Unless anyone opposes/proposes something different, of course)
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Anyone who opposes me will, of course, be summarily executed.

The Princess Bride is indeed a great film. Although it helps that this is only the third time I've seen it. "Only". Heh.
    Eh, I've rewatched quite a lot of movies more than thrice. normally because when I watch a movie then I have to show it to my friends. And then those friends tell other friends that we should watch it sometime and it repeats itself over twice-thrice at least. 

Also, it's funny, I never thought that Reiner was one for an actually charming movie. 
    Three times is kinda small for such a well-loved movie for me. I cannot count the amount of times I've seen LotR and the Alien films, for instance.
    You easily obssessed aussie. xD

Hmmm, yeah, I think I'm in that boat. can't count how many times I have watched Fight Club or Se7en.
    Funnily enough, I've also seen the 1994 Dracula movie almost a dozen times, and I hate that film. >:/
  • There are too many awesome films in the world that I haven't seen for me to feel good about seeing something more than once, with some exceptions.

That said, I have watched Rocky Horror Picture Show about five times now, and it's not even a movie I really enjoy very much.
    I normally watch a movie twice. the first one is to enjoy the movie for what it is, and the second one is to actually sit and analyze it. 
    So, I have an IC for the whole weekend, meaning I won't be able to watch the movie.

So, um, best of luck and hope you enjoy it.
    Boo!

Welp, I'm still in.
    So, I heard you guys didn't watch the movie

who do i choke
  • They're somethin' else.
    wait, what?
  • They're somethin' else.
    damn!
    Yeah, didn't seem to be going ahead. Not that it made a difference for me; I'm currently on the way to visiting my brother in jail and he's more than an hour out of the city.
    Oh, sorry to hear that, Alex. Hope it goes well. 

So, um, who would be interested in trying to make this hapen

• The last film I watched was Tropic Thunder.

Yeah.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

what movies

lets watch star wars guys

i would watch star wars

i'd be up for star wars

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

fuck yeah star wars

now to go download them so i actually can

• Star Wars? That's like Star Trek, right?

trololololololol

• Oh look, this got revived. 

So, what's the deal here? Is it a Skype thing? Do we watch together over a chatroom or something?

you could probably do it through adobe connect

The last time we did this, we used #ijbm-filmclub over at esper.net. It's an IRC chatroom. 

Star Wars? That's like Star Trek, right?

moar liek starman

or not, you have to pay to use that

fucking school, lying to me