If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

There's always Amazon.

• No rainbow star

^^^ Airdrie's only bookstore shut down years ago (and I only learned of it a few months before it closed), and the only one in Calgary I had the opportunity to visit until recent years didn't carry comic books (manga on the other hand, it carries a ton of)

• edited 2012-03-27 10:54:07
    I'm a damn twisted person

And there is also the option of acquiring comics through perfectly legal means, similar to the ones used by many anime and video game fans. 

Welp, you've lead me to conclude that Canadians have an irrational hateboner for sequential art.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Fuck, I missed the K-On! discussion. And I had a cool Billy Herrington video to post

• No rainbow star

^^ Not really. Airdrie seems to, but yet there is a comic store in Calgary next to SAIT, which ACAD is attached to

...However, I'm usually either waiting for class or waiting for a lift so I don't get a chance to go to it (not to mention my current lack of disposable income)

• I'm a damn twisted person

If you can find a way to watch cartoons or play video games for free, you can use the same techniques for comics. Granted some titles are harder to find than others, but that applies to any medium depending on how popular it is and how it it is mostly.

• No rainbow star

^

But yeah, that's pretty neat! I wonder what they'll find?

I tried to make that image, but the thing was down :/

• I'm a damn twisted person

I'm somewhat amused that there is an archaeologist with the surname of Ur more than anything really. 

• edited 2012-03-27 12:32:13
    No rainbow star

^^ I noticed that too

Which is why I tried a different meme site :D

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

I just had the caretaker for the house open a tenant's room while he's at work so I could power-cycle his router

this is going to blow up in my face later

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-03-27 14:20:33
    Reading some user posts.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ whut

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116528-Australian-Capital-Goes-R18

Good news for Australian gamers? That has to be a first.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Ser Pounce-a-lot

i like this guy already
  • if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Welp, my internet is back.

• a little muffled

Hi.

• You can change. You can.

Yo.

One episode left of Ashes to Ashes. Giddy as fuck about the prospect. Even though I was somewhat spoiled about the ending.

• Well, I've been playing Kid Icarus Uprising lately. Pretty decent game, the controls can be murder to your hands at first, but you get used to them pretty fast.

Has anybody else played it yet?

• edited 2012-03-27 17:48:44

Damn, what an ad. That girl is so creepy, like the reincarnation of Ayn Rand. And that poor rabbit, killed by bad special effects.

The goldfish ad is even worse since little miss brainwashed Objectivist yells.

Hurm, new David Wong article is setting my dashboard on fire. 

I'm not quite sure if I disagree with him this time. That's the worst part.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Geraldo says Trayvon Martin was killed because he was wearing a hoodie.

I just... how?

• edited 2012-03-27 18:30:17

Hurm, new David Wong article is setting my dashboard on fire. 

I'm not quite sure if I disagree with him this time. That's the worst part.

I was wondering when that would be brought up (or if I would have to bring it up myself).

Though other than #4 (which isn't really "training") I don't know what's not to disagree with there.

I think he over generalizes and exaggerates, to be honest. And number fifth felt odd to me because during the whole thing I was thinking that, well, that's a natural part of growing up, yannow? Understanding that you're not a movie hero and that there's not a big reward awaiting you at the end of school, or a big tournament or whatever.

• edited 2012-03-27 18:39:57

That's what I said, I don't know what's in there that can be agreed with.

• edited 2012-03-27 18:42:43
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^#1 and 3# really annoy me too. Because they assume that Men really aren't capable of thinking without their dicks and everything men have done ever has been to get tail and everything else is a smokescreen.

Also, #2 doesn't make sense to me.

^Well he has a point about #5 and #4, Male entitlement and objectification being very real things.

• edited 2012-03-27 18:53:26

^Only skimmed the article, but it sounds like a mea culpa case. Which is really annoying.

^^^But when such a thing is ingrained into capitalism, er, society, where is the influence counteracting that?

As an aside, why is a white person using a Chinese pseudonym?  

But when such a thing is ingrained into capitalism, er, society, where is the influence counteracting that?

Results and experience often do that, I think. I think I didn't honestly shake some of my most...unsavoury views until I grew up and started talking to women as well as talking to wiser men than me. 

In a way, it is true that society (and media, which is the point of five) do have some misogynist tendencies, but it is on the audience and the spectator to identify them and filter them out.

Of course, Wong's point here is that this happens to a kid in his childhood, but...well, the thing is, you're not a kid forever. When you grow up, the world challenges these theories. You realize sooner rather than later that women are not coming after you or that your best friend of the opposite sex is not jumping your bones simply because she's not interested and that you're not entitled to having sex with her because of the way they act and so on. You have to be incredibly unselfaware to not notice it at some point or another, I think.