If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.

Happiness is mandatory. Failure to be happy is treason. Have a good day, citizen.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Keep that smile up, kiddies.

• You can change. You can.

Oh man, that story. I really love that one. 

With that said, it would have been better if you had used something like a million people getting jokerized

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's two AM. How much time do you expect me to spend doing this?

lazy person

says juan

what's that supposed to mean

it means you're lazy

but i'm not >:C

and yet you can't even be bothered to use capital letters in your sentences

That's only because I like how they look! 

If you like how they look, then why didn't you use them?

Because I needed to prove I wasn't being lazy and that I can capitalize if I feel like it. 

You didn't use them because you needed to prove you can capitalize if you feel like it?

• edited 2012-03-07 09:29:02
    You can change. You can.

wait wait wait, you seem to misunderstand. I don't capitalize because I like the way it looks. 

i mean, look at this. so e.e cummings. 

However, due to your HORRIBLE accusations, I decided to not do it in order to prove I'm not lazy

how do you like 'em apples

I have reviewed the conversation and have found you to be at fault for this misunderstanding.

that clearly isn't a biased affirmation at all

seems legit

it is not

• edited 2012-03-07 12:16:45
    No rainbow star
    Sorry Nova, but Juan was fairly clear

So you're responsible. Unless this will make you do bad things to my PTA character in which case Juan is completely in the wrong

My favour blanket is ripping. After years and years, the strings are just bleh :<

It feels so good on my feet though :<
  • But you never had any to begin with.

All 3 of you are in the wrong. Problem solved.

That doesn't solve the problem! It only exarcebates it. :<

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Everyone loves spiders and Cyriak animations:

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Hey that's not that ba-

*Gets to 1:10 mark*

Fuck you.

• No rainbow star
    That man has a fetish for spiders and cows
  • I learned yesterday in History class that male doctors thought women were hard to treat because they assumed they had to use methods different from treating men and said methods always failed.

Oh, things haven't changed at all. 

Sorry Nova, but Juan was fairly clear

No, he was actually in the wrong there.

and yet you can't even be bothered to use capital letters in your sentences

That's only because I like how they look! 

The object being referred to in the preceding sentence was capital letters. Using the word 'they' implies that you are talking about the preceding object. In talking about lowercase letters and yet implying that he's talking about capital letters, the misunderstanding is due to him.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

So, watching the new Conan movie. 

Ron Perlman is awesome as always, but it's not the same kind of ridiculous fun the old one was. Also, I really dislike half-assed attempts at sword accuracy. For instance, the blade forged towards the beginning of the film comes out as a pattern-welded steel blade, but during the forging process, they used a mold for shaping the sword. That's not how it's done, and you won't get the pattern-welded benefits like that. Melting down the steel after the twisting has been done will shuffle the carbon distribution again, so you may as well have never pattern-welded in the first place. 

It's arguably permissible because the mold showed visually that a sword was being made -- a solid narrative choice -- but I feel as though there could have been a better in-between. But they clearly knew their stuff, or were being advised, so yeah. A lot of people have no idea about pattern-welded blades so

Also, no James Earl Jones. 

• So, does anyone else have to fill out the Student Engagement Survey? I hate these kinds of questions because they're so ambiguous that an "Often" or "Sometimes" doesn't say anything. In fact, I often feel like I'd put down some sarcastic response if I could. And then there's the fact that different majors will naturally answer the questions differently. Key questions that I find awkward:

"Number of problem sets that take you less than an hour to complete": I can't imagine an assignment like this unless it was completely mindless.

"Included diverse perspectives (different races, religions, genders, political beliefs, etc.) in class discussions or writing assignments": Actually, any question that's obviously geared towards humanities students.

"Had serious conversations with students of a different race or ethnicity than your own": I know people want to encourage diversity, but this only serves to make me feel awkward, like I have to think about the fact that the other person is a different ethnicity.

• I still can't manage to show rather than tell, even when I try really hard.

FUCK