If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Dune references? In my visual novel?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Best Romance is ...I can't think of any path where the romance is better than others, each path has its flaws, Hanako's path flaw is that there is barely any romance to speak of.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

I think I should buy a new PS3 controller. My old one is still working, but it's slowly giving up. At least, partly.

What's most frustrating isn't that I have to get a new one, it's the reason why. But it's too embarrassing to actually say here.

• You can change. You can.

i could make thousands of jokes with that. but i will not cuz i'm a good per...pftt

well, it's more because i respect people's priva...*snerk*

I mean, it's simply that you don't want to talk and I should not bot...ahaha

but really, why do you always do that

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

i could make thousands of jokes with that

And none of them would be even remotely funny.

You wound me so.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Well, at least you two have something in common, then.

"From forth the fatal loins of these two foes,
    A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life"

• edited 2012-03-06 15:14:36
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

-

• No rainbow star

I just realized: A healing spell that works on stealing life force from something else (provided that life force is defined by how long it has to live) is completely broken

If magic existed and such a spell did as well... Then one could set up a bunch of bacteria and use them as the spell's power source. Since bacteria don't die of old age, then infinite life force

• edited 2012-03-06 13:00:21
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^I actually have something like that in the TRPG system I'm designing, and it's for that very reason that you aren't able to drain something below a certain amount of HP. A bacterium wouldn't even get one hit point, so...doesn't work.

• Of course most games balance that by, you know, not being ridiculous.  And in real life there is no concept of game balance because real life is not a game, so that wouldn't be "broken" as such.

• No rainbow star

Thinking about it, there are probably plenty of spells that are treated as average in games yet would be extremely powerful in real life

• edited 2012-03-06 13:18:07
    You can change. You can.

Computer crash during an exam

did you try to explain to your professor? I'm pretty sure most profs. understand and help students who fail due to extraneous circumnstances.

rage-quitting two games and realizing that Assassin's Creed Revelations is more frustrating then the other games, nearly unbearably so, and it's too late to trade it in for another game

You can still sell it online, for whatever that's worth. Admittedly, you're not going to get exactly the same money you paid for it, but hopefully you can use the money for something else. 

Yeah, that was a fucking great day. I wonder what will happen in the remaining hours. Maybe I'll cut of some of my fingers in an attempt to make something to eat.

Well, you're going to if you keep up with that attitude. You might want to try and sit and just...relax before you're going to handle any pointy objects

getting a good demonstration why I greatly dislike Juan

trust me, if there ever was a lynchmob chasing me, I'd find a way of leading the charge. 

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-03-06 13:35:59
    IJBM: The idea that a person's intelligence is based on the media they consume.
  • Waiting for my rental of either Skyrim or SFxT to arrive. The former because I need it for a club project, the latter because Capcom's not getting anymore of my money.
  • edited 2012-03-06 15:39:12
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

-

• edited 2012-03-06 19:00:17

Better explanation: it's cute when girls don't know how to deal with their feelings and otaku are masochists.

Or rather, I don't think that really has much to do with people liking tsunderes. 

Really someone needs to psychologically explain Yandere appeal for me... >_>

• Town council needs to hurry up with their permits if we are ever going to pull the charity event thingie off.

Also, I've determined the reason I frequent this board is to copypasta interesting links from here to Facepalmbook for the nerd credits.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Funny observation: Unlike apparently many other people, I...*gasp*...dislike the attitudes of people who are jerks.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

:(

^^I'd like to know when 'jerk' became a compliment.

I mean, I acknowledge that I can be an asshole sometimes but I recognize that as a character flaw rather than some James Dean-esque virute.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

The appeal of yandere probably has something to do with being loved as a human and being objectified at once. These two things are mutually exclusive, but a yandere by definition turns the object of their affections into a personal possession, but one that is sincerely valued. 

jerk became a compliment? Like...outside of fiction?

• No rainbow star
    That link on tsunderes is broken
  • edited 2012-03-06 19:36:36

^ It's not for me, but... here you go anyway:

I-it's not like I studied this social phenomena because I like you or anything!

A tsundere character, for those of you who don't frequent certain types of message boards, is a character who hides their adoration of a particular character behind an impenetrable wall of bitchiness. Think Louise from Familiar of Zero, or if you require a less esoteric example, Helga from Hey Arnold! The trope has proven very popular amongst anime fans, which is odd given the community's well known appreciation for meek, submissive "moe" characters. Psychologist and anime fan, Yoshihito Nautou, thinks he can explain the attraction. With science.

Nautou's argument hinges on a study performed by Gerald Clore, of the University of Illinois. Clore performed an experiment in which he showed 338 people four videos of two people interacting. The videos were as follows:

Video 1: Person A is pleasant to person B.
    Video 2: Person A is initially pleasant to person B, but becomes more standoffish as the conversation continues.
    Video 3: Person A is initially unpleasant to Person B, but mellows as the conversation continues.
    Video 4: Person A acts like an enormous, raging turd for the entirety of the conversation.

When polled on which behavior was the most appealing, the majority of subjects chose video number three. The process which causes this is called the gain-loss, effect. Essentially, when someone is consistently unpleasant towards you, it establishes a behavioral baseline that colors your expectations. When that person becomes more pleasant, even if it's by a tiny amount, you interpret that as progress, which is psychologically stimulating.

Nautou points out that savvy socialites can use this knowledge to their advantage. Something aggravating, popped-collar, frat-gremlins have been doing for years, judging by the popular "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" adage.

It's worth noting that not every person who treats you like dirt is trying to hide a deep-rooted romantic attraction that they just can't admit to. Some people just genuinely hate you.

Also there's a picture of Hitagi Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari

• edited 2012-03-06 19:38:50
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Link works fine for me. =|

Same.