If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

GODDAMMIT KATAWA SHOUJO WHY AREN'T YOU FINISHED YET

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Get the PS2 sprite pack.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    It's only marginally better in my eyes, really.
  • edited 2011-11-06 23:25:45

• edited 2011-11-06 23:24:38
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Hey, at least it contains hands instead of meat-lump-things :P

^I think that was more about the "too much of the same genre" thing.
  • You can change. You can.
    >American Comic Books

There are two massive companies which have a division exactly to provide non-superhero stuff.

While superhero stuff is still incredibly prominent, I don't see how you can't find non-superhero stuff when it makes at least a 30-40% of the yearly releases (It shouldn't be so low, but hey)

>Video games

What's the complaint here? FPSs? Because the same argument could be thrown out about variety.

The problem with VNs is not just that a genre is massively popular or that it dominates the industry. The problem is that it makes up almost the whole of the catalogue.

I'd say that counts as a valid complaint.

And even then, the above two complaints are still perfectly valid, I'd say.
  • ^I think that was more about the "too much of the same genre" thing.

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense... >.>
  • edited 2011-11-06 23:31:16
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^^^Both very true. I was mostly talking about genre saturation, though.

Upon reflection all those actually do have more variety, but I think that's more due to time really.

^^My point is that it's a valid complaint about the catalog but not the medium itself. It's important not to confuse the two.
    Time and expansion. I mean, you don't have to read American comics or play Japanese video games.

Don't think you can't say the same about VNs (I am ignorant here, so if someone can correct me, it'd be lovely)
    Has someone put a gun to your head to play Clannad?
  • I'm pretty sure his point is that if you want to play visual novels, but don't want to play Japanese visual novels in the harem genre, your options are extremely limited.
  • edited 2011-11-06 23:35:28
    You can change. You can.
    "My point is that it's a valid complaint about the catalog but not the medium itself. It's important not to confuse the two."

Again, it's hard to see the medium's actual potential when it's locked up in such an obtuse format.

^Indeed so. Good DYRE. You're my new translator person. Have a cookie.
    ^Fair enough, but I'm not ready to throw out the medium just because of an extremely rocky start.
    That Subheroes story I posted the intro to in the writing thread will be a VN. So I hope to contribute to the catalogue of nontraditional VNs.
    I guess that if something really interesting comes out, I'd be willing to try it. But otherwise, I'm not really feeling it. Mostly because most of the average-to-good VNs have been adapted into (Supposedly) better forms and more tolerable formats (to me)
    Then why won't you watch Stein; Gate? =(
    Because you like it.
    ...M...my therapist says you just insult me to fill you ego balloon... it... it's subconscious!
    Honestly, you kinda sorta did a bad sell for me >.>

And it helps that I can't help but feel that this is "Primer, the anime"

And I'm not really a fan of Primer.
    I don't ever remember trying to sell it to you.

And really, beyond time travel it's got very little in common with Primer.
    Have you looked into Chaos;Head? It's quite good.

But my best pitch for it is a spoiler...
    "I don't ever remember trying to sell it to you."

Once at the IRC.

yo
    I see. Well, it's good. 
    I did download it. I'm just rather wary of it. 

Also, a certain series about an FBI detective facing the horrors of the Black Lodge is in my backlog. 
    ^Argh, I was watching that certain series, then my parents cancelled Netflix T_T
    download it, INUH! You must watch it! The owls are not what the chemicals wants him to be!

or however all of the arc words together sounds like.

Anyway, so far, my problem with season 2 is...that Donna and James are still alive ._.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I've heard it might be out by the end of the year
  • Maybe if someone started paying these guys or something, maybe it'll come out sooner.
  • My ableist mind seriously cannot comprehend why everyone loves this game so much.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    My ableist mind seriously cannot comprehend why everyone loves this game so much.
    ableist
    Ableism is a form of discrimination or social prejudice against people with disabilities.

• edited 2011-11-08 23:20:48
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I thought it was going to be bad, but I found it to be a pretty good read.

^I didn't want to say it...