If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

GODDAMMIT KATAWA SHOUJO WHY AREN'T YOU FINISHED YET

1234568»

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, I'd heard that.

And naturally, that's the one route where I accidentally overwrote my save at the choice between endings T_T

• But you never had any to begin with.

Rin's 2nd Bad Ending is 3 1/2 scenes long, so there's that.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

> I'm of the opinion that he should have known what he was going to the store for; I, personally, don't go out to buy things if I don't know what I want. That's where advertising comes in, but that's hardly my problem.

I just want to point something out here.

What you're describing is one type of buying behaviour. I'll be fucked if I can remember what the behaviour is really called, but I always called it "Informed buyers". They're the buyers who come into a store with a clear idea of what they want, along with Researchers.

However, there are other types of buyers. These are the people who wander into a store without any clear idea of what they're there for, and they usually browse around. (Usually, these are the types that store assistants will watch, and they can help the customer decide what they want by their behaviour during their time in there.)

And the positioning of items in-store does make a difference. Positioning VN's next to video games without making a distinct differentiation between the two sections leads to confusion, and can lead the customer to buy a VN without actually understanding that it is a VN and not a videogame, which leads to dissatisfaction on their part and thus lost business.

• edited 2012-01-13 19:20:03

I just started playing this. The only other VN I've played is Kanon.

This is much better so far, but I (jokingly) have to wonder: do all VNs begin with snow?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

• You can change. You can.

fucking weeaboos

• Glaives are better.

I'd play a game where these disabled girls get augmented and go to work for UNATCO, uncover a conspiracy and then travel around the world covertly working against the Majestic 12.

• That sounds pretty awesome.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

If "pretty awesome" were synonymous with "incredibly stupid", I would agree.

• Glaives are better.

There's a fine line between awesome and stupid. 

For instance, I find moe stuff to be stupid. Adding something like Deus Ex would make it less stupid and more awesome. 

We'll call it Desu Ex and make millions.

• You can change. You can.

what the german said

• edited 2012-01-14 16:40:47
    Kichigai birthday!!

^^ "It's not like I asked for this or anything.... b-baka!"

• Glaives are better.

"~Why contain it, hwahh! ~"

• Has friends besides tanks now

I'm gonna let my completionist side take over and just map out all the choices, as well as where they lead, while I play all the routes.

• probably human

Finished the game.

Feeling somewhat sad about it.

• You know, "Desu Ex" is a really, really, really old joke.

• Glaives are better.

And it's funny in this case because it's relating something weeaboo related to something awesome. That's how allusions work.

• edited 2012-01-15 16:31:43
    (void)

Rozen Maiden is from 2002, Hatter.  That's how old this is.

And "desu" has literally nothing to do with KS.

• Glaives are better.

I'm relating anime or anime-derived stuff to Deus Ex. That's the joke.

• Startedplaying last night

HAHAHA

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING

• On Act 2 for Lilly now.

• «I'm relating anime or anime-derived stuff to Deus Ex. That's the joke.»

It's a bad joke.  The copula became a meme because it was a verbal tic from a character in Rozen Maiden.  The only verbal tics in KS are Misha's "Waha(ha)+~!"(lolregexsyntax lolprobablynotevenvalidregexsyntax) and Lilly's "my my".

• Glaives are better.

I didn't say it was a good joke. Why are you fixating on this one little thing?

• >Rin: "Isn't a realist just the word for what a cynic calls himself?"

• Just finished Lilly's path. HNNNGGGGGGG!!!

• That sounds needlessly complicated. I'll suppose I'll start Emi's path sometime soon.