If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Crobatman

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    10$ say that a writer in three years will undo it via revisiting one of the past crisis events.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    $20 says that it's all explainable by Superboy punching time.
  • Apparently the whole thing is happening because at the end of Flashpoint, The Flash is gonna sort the universe as best he can and the reboot will be the result.

So what I'm thinking is going to happen is that that'll be used as their get out of jail free card.
    I heard somewhere that at the moment, The Flash is the most powerful DC superhero. Is that true?
  • edited 2011-08-15 12:05:18
    You can change. You can.
    $20 says that it's all explainable by Superboy punching time.

Like I said, revisiting one of the past crisis events.

^Yes.

From Wikipedia:

Barry Allen is capable of running faster than the speed of light and, at times during the Silver Age, described as faster than the speed of thought. In Flash #150, "straining every muscle," he ran at ten times the speed of light.[39] However, when he pushed himself further (during the Crisis on Infinite Earths) he appeared to waste away as he was converted into pure energy, traveled back in time, and was revealed in Secret Origins Annual #2 to be the very bolt of lightning that gave him his powers.[40] This was later retconned in The Flash: Rebirth #1, where Barry stated that he "ran into the Speed Force," and that, "When [he] stopped the Anti-Monitor, when [he] ran into the 'Speed Force' and joined it, it was like shedding [his] identity."[16]
    Barry Allen possesses abilities that Jay Garrick has not always been able to duplicate, most notably the ability to "vibrate" in such a way as to pass through solid matter. Allen has regularly engaged in time travel using the Cosmic Treadmill device (he no longer needs this to conduct this feat), and is able to "vibrate" between dimensions. Barry is unique among Flashes and most characters in the DC Universe in that he has complete control over every molecule in his body.[41] In Grant Morrison's Final Crisis, using the Speed Force, Allen was able to undo the effects of the Anti-Life Equation upon an individual: an ability he used on his wife Iris to free her from the bondage of Darkseid's mind control.[14] He has recently been revealed to not only be connected to the Speed Force, but is the very source of it, generating it with every step he takes. As such, he presumably has some of the Speed Force-related abilities other speedsters have demonstrated (such as lending and stealing speed), though he has yet to demonstrate such abilities. This alone is enough to make him one of the most powerful beings on Earth, and perhaps in existence. He is also immune to telepathic attacks and control, as he can shift his thoughts at a speed faster than normal thought. He used this tactic against Black Lantern Martian Manhunter in Blackest Night. Through "speed-reading" Barry can absorb large amounts of information into his short-term memory, which remain in his mind just long enough for him to make use of it. Using this technique, Barry was able to learn enough about building work to rebuild a destroyed apartment building.[42]
    [edit]

• So how's everyone doing then?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    You know, I was going to consider starting following the DCU after the reboot until I found out the details. Way to go, DC.
    Yeah, don't do that. Just read the one-shots and you'll be a happy man.

I mean, you get to read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth

And that's the coolest shit ever.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Indeed it is.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    I was talking about this before. DC's floating timeline is partically to blame for the new reboot.
    That reminds me, who's taking after Grant Morrison as Batman's writer?
    Though as bad as DC is with these things, Marvel is far, far worse. At least DC has Grant Morrison. 
    They are both extremely flawed universes. Time is inconsistant, the dimensional boundries are weak, and death is a revolving door. WIth all this, so few of the people within those verses are genre savy enough to take advantage of this.
    Well, by my comment I meant that Marvel can't write good events for shit. 
    Because most of their memories are deleted when the universe's boundaries are played with.

And because playing with the universe boundaries in both universes is the easiest way of getting yourself killed.
    That's true. Their events start as awesome ideas and then turn into shit.
    No, their events start as bad ideas and turn into worse.

Yeah, sure have heroes duke it oout against each other because of a banal registration law.

Dumbasses.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > Who the fuck teaches Gyarados Hyper Beam?

It learns hyper beam by itself.

And I leave it to enjoy that.

Well I thought Dark Reign was a cool idea at least. But anyway, going back to the universe boundries.

The boundries of the Marvel and DC universes are so flimsy, they crossover with Capcom, Mortal Kombat, or Star Trek. Star Trek has flimsy enough boundries within it's own universe as it is.

• edited 2011-08-15 12:29:32
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^^ The main problem with that one was that the writers never wrote the same registration law, and had no idea what side they were supposed to support. Every single Civil War comic I read up until the last main comic was sympathetic to the anti-registration side. Add in the civilian population acting like... uh, real life people, and you have a gigantic clusterfuck.

^ Hold on. If Marvel/DC have crossed over, and Mortal Kombat has crossed with DC/ Capcom with Marvel, does that mean that a Capcom vs. Mortal Kombat game is feasible? 
  • edited 2011-08-15 12:46:11
    Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

^Dude, that is only the beginning. According the the Ultimate Crossover of Ultimate Destiny theory, nearly anything is possible because of the connections through crossovers.

New possiblities open up all the time. Freddy Krueger is now a downloadable character for Mortal Kombat. Freddy was in the three-way horror crossover comicbook, Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash. Ash was in the crossover comic Marvel Zombies wvs. the Army of Darkness. Marvel Zombies has crossover with the main Marvel Universe, aka Marvel 616. I could go on and on about this.

The boundries of the Marvel and DC universes are so flimsy, they crossover with Capcom, Mortal Kombat, or Star Trek. Star Trek has flimsy enough boundries within it's own universe as it is.

but they are not canon and no writer and editor cares for them except the ones they hire for it.

It's like that Marvel/DC crossover ages ago. It didn't affect anything because only nerds care.
    But let's get back to the real issue: that Avengers Disassembled could've been decent had Brian Bendis not fucked continuity in the ass.
    Everything could have been better in some shape or form if Bendis hadn't fucked it in the ass.
    It's sad that the What If? didn't investigate what would've happened if something had gone differently, but instead what would've happened if one of the characters had noticed the plot holes.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    What happened to talking about Pokemon?
    Comics is much more important. 
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Batman comics kind of sucked. There was no build up and the artists were bad
    SUPERMAN SUCKS BECAUSE HE'S TOO POWERFUL.