If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Ok, Gamefreak, NOW you're milking it

Comments

• No rainbow star

So how will they handle it when they are forced to use a newer system?

Damn, generation 6 may actually be a repeat of generation 3

• a little muffled

But G and S are not GBC exclusive.

They say "GameBoy Color" on the box though.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So how will they handle it when they are forced to use a newer system?

Damn, generation 6 may actually be a repeat of generation 3

Well, with generation 3, there were hardware-related connectivity issues, IIRC. I don't think that would apply here.

• Has friends besides tanks now

IJBM: Stealth Rock is allowed, but there's such a thing as Sleep Clause. I tell ya, some people. Messing with my Trolloom. >.<

• edited 2012-02-26 15:55:40
    a little muffled

Breloom would almost certainly be uber if sleep clause weren't standard. Especially with gen 5 sleep mechanics being stupid as they are.

As for Stealth Rock still being legal, Smogon's philosophy is basically that if the meta is healthy, things shouldn't be banned, even if the meta would potentially be better if they were. The idea, of course, is to avoid BAN EVERYTHING slippery slopes, but it means Stealth Rock is still legal. And that's terrible.

• edited 2012-02-26 16:03:32
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> They say "GameBoy Color" on the box though.

Differently.  G and S say that on the box; Crystal adds "only for".

I have the boxes.

* Gold: "Compatible with Game Boy" and "Compatible with Game Boy Color" labels

* Crystal: two label boxes saying "Game Boy Color" and "Game Boy Advance", with "ONLY FOR -->" pointing to the GBC box, and an extra message saying "COMPATIBLE ONLY WITH GAME BOY COLOR AND GAME BOY ADVANCE SYSTEMS!".

I have a classic GB.  I can throw Crystal into it and see if it boots right, if you're curious.  Actually, I'm curious too.

• edited 2012-02-26 16:07:13
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

and "Game Boy Advance"

Oh, hey, that was out when Crystal was released. So this isn't the first time a main Pokemon game's been released for a system that wasn't the latest.

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Ice/Electric

Rotom-F has you covered on that.

IJBM: Stealth Rock is allowed, but there's such a thing as Sleep Clause. I tell ya, some people. Messing with my Trolloom. >.<

Breloom would be BROKEN if that was the case.  Stealth Rock is not that troublesome in comparison.  And besides, Pokemon Stadium came up with the Sleep Clause, so it's somewhat of an official thing.

I was mostly being tongue in cheek; Breloom is pretty ridiculous, and I only (attempted to) run him because I like trying to troll the people I play against.

• a little muffled

@INUH: Crystal came out several months before the GBA in Japan.

Ah. Well, nevermind then. Gotta love marketing :P

• edited 2012-02-26 16:39:03

"Rotom-F has you covered on that."

But Rotom-F has to rely on a 70% accurate move for its Ice attack, hence the "actually regularly usable Ice attack" part.

• a little muffled

Rotom-F has a 100% accurate Ice attack. So does every other Pokémon.

• No rainbow star

Wait, does this mean Crystal could, in theory, run on a DS?

^I don't think so...I don't think the DS has the GBC emulator a GBA does...though I'm not sure.

Of course, you'd have to find a way to physically put it in.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

^^^ But Hidden Power sucks.

• No rainbow star

^ Not really. If you get the right IVs, you can get a 70 base power attack

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

^ Still terrible.

Beh, anything under 90 BP (without STAB) is a liability attack, really. (Excluding Priority)

• No rainbow star

^ Even attacks with pretty good secondary effects?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Unless its guaranteed or has a really high chance. Yes.

• No rainbow star

Oh god. I just flash backed to when I used Smoke Screen to piss off somebody. It was hilarious :D

• edited 2012-02-26 21:25:22

Hidden power can be pretty good if it has the right type with your pokemon. My Volcarona and Porygon-Z both have it, and can make it stronger with Quiver Dance and Charge Beam, respectively.

• a little muffled

It's certainly notable that the only Hidden Powers that see a lot of competitive use are the ones that do quadruple damage to something popular.

^ Pretty much.

IJBM: Heatran. It's so ugly, but it's so useful.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

IJBM: People hating on ugly, but badass Pokemon (Heatran, Magmortar, Cryogonal).

• edited 2012-02-27 17:17:29

What about Blissey? Chansey was a good design, but Blissey's just so inappropriately frilly.

Though I've hated her less ever since I figured out you could Toxic Spike her to death. 

• No such thing as too frilly.

IJBM: People hating on ugly, but badass Pokemon (Heatran, Magmortar, Cryogonal).

But they're ugly! >:[

What about Blissey? Chansey was a good design, but Blissey's just so inappropriately frilly.

I don't really like either design, personally. But I guess I like Chansey's more. And I've alreays found both pretty easy to deal with, though that could just be because their trainers sucked at using them.

Also, I was just reminded of why I like Mienshao so much: it has an adorabadass design, and it beat the fucking tar out of my sun team.

• edited 2012-02-27 18:02:29
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh damn, epic Chansey sweep.

It looks like a great choice for a mon if I were to get back into the series.  Softboiled + Toxic.