If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Ok, Gamefreak, NOW you're milking it

edited 2012-02-25 20:14:33 in General
No rainbow star

The third AND FOURTH 5th generation games have been announced

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2

Which means that they are selling what is essentially the same game FOUR TIMES >.<

...*Sighs* Guess I'll have to start saving my money...

Comments

• "...*Sighs* Guess I'll have to start saving my money..."

You know what they say. "They are using me, and I am the fool." 

Odd that they are for the DS. They are using Nintendo too.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm actually glad. It means buying two gen V games will likely cover everything, which is a first.
  • Why do people buy both versions when they could just get the extra Pokes from GTS?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Because one of the extras is a legendary, thus harder to get from gts.
  • Kichigai birthday!!

>now

• I just feel like starting a new game with a new team when I don't feel like deleting my old file.
  • ...I guess in the DLC age, people are used to it.

• No rainbow star

^^^ Touche

• And I can't not see the mental image of that red eye shaking its head if it could.

• Heh. Robots can shake heads in 360 degrees.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

they are selling what is essentially the same game FOUR TIMES

I'm pretty sure Black 2/White 2 would be more sequels than the same game...

As a matter of fact, even the article agrees.

Series to get its first direct sequels.

• No rainbow star

^ Ah, ok, that's more fair then

Wait, so this is Generation 6?

• Has friends besides tanks now

Sequels

Well, damn.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No, it's still Generation 5, just with different games.

• You can change. You can.

I think they finally understood that throwing more pokemons at people is not creative game design.

• No rainbow star

And considering that they actually took new directions with the plot in Pokemon Black and White...

This could be a wonderful new beginning :D

Which, indeed, was the point.

• No rainbow star

Now I'm excited :D

How will they pull it off though? Do they have it right after you've dealt with Team Plasma, then things shift? Or what?

Well, I imagine there's some focus on N.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

If they're proper sequels this might be a good thing. I think I'd like more emphasis on new mechanics and game evolution than more critters.

They won't introduce new mechanics, as it's not a new generation.

There could be an emphasis on triple battles and the like, though.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Oh. (sigh) 

However, I doubt there will be a significant number of new Pokemon either.

I think they finally understood that throwing more pokemons at people is not creative game design.

But there are lots of cool Pokemon in the new generation! There's a whip-fighting ermine, and a cotton ball sheep, and a construction worker ogre, and a dragon with an axe for a head, and a hydra WoMD, and a--I'll quit fanboying now.

and an ice-cream! What's not to love about that?

And a trash monster! And a water ghost with a mustache! And the Three Musketeers as legendary quadrupeds! And some sort of psychic fetus thing!

I probably sound like a parody at this point.

• You can change. You can.

But there are lots of cool Pokemon in the new generation! There's a whip-fighting ermine, and a cotton ball sheep, and a construction worker ogre, and a dragon with an axe for a head, and a hydra WoMD, and a--I'll quit fanboying now.

Which is nice and all. So they should further the gameplay around those rather than just ditch them and create new ones.

They won't introduce new mechanics, as it's not a new generation.

Why couldn't they?

• edited 2012-02-25 21:00:17
    No rainbow star

Wow I was ninja'd

Why couldn't they?

That's not how they work. They introduce new mechanics every generation, but every game within the generation has the same mechanics.

Which is nice and all. So they should further the gameplay around those rather than just ditch them and create new ones.

None of them are ditched; it's just tougher to catch certain pokemon in certain generations. The additions keep things fresh, but it's always possible to play with the old ones. And the gameplay is already pretty solid, so there's no real need to revamp, especially as there are new moves to mix things up, as well.