If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

FUCK YOU CHRIS BROWN (The Grammy Thread)

Comments

• edited 2012-02-12 20:20:38
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

it sounded pretty decent, i guess?

^ you know you're doing bad when Maroon 5 is upstaging you

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    This is seriously my fifth favorite Beach Boys song and they're fucking murdering it
  • edited 2012-02-12 20:21:46
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    Fuck you ftp

Wait is it over

Nope, thank god
  • edited 2012-02-12 20:23:18
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

And here comes the main event...

someone tell whoever's on piano to relax his eyes, jesus christ

• edited 2012-02-12 20:35:17
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    Brian Wilson looks even worse than usual. Poor Brian. :(

The juxtaposition with Mike Love looking like he's checking out every chick in the audience is a great reminder of how much of a shitlord he is, though.

And Adam Levine could not look like more of a tool if he tried.

Glad they used an authentic electric theremin, though.
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    Having never heard much of Sir Paul's work past the 70s, I am surprised how good he sounds.
  • >Adam Levine

>Being a tool

What else is new?

• edited 2012-02-12 20:37:51

I really do need to listen to Gil-Scott Heron more. :|

also if Chris Brown wins I riot

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Fucking amazing. Artists representing an entity that recently tried to pass a bill suppressing free speech claiming that "the revolution has been televised" + giving an award to a woman-beating misogynistic, materialistic asshole representing the absolute worst aspects of the black community = literally the worst way of honoring Gil Scott-Heron possible.

And FUCK YOU CHRIS BROWN 

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

good god, this is the most juvenile song ever fucking written

seriously, Taylor

It's tween country pop, did you expect anything else

Also: "someone tell whoever's on piano to relax his eyes, jesus christ"

You're kidding right
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

I can't recognize Beach Boys members by their faces, is that a crime

• edited 2012-02-12 20:52:14
    When it's Brian Wilson yeah kinda

Hint: he is debilitatingly Insane

Plus: Adele for Song of the Year. yay.
    LL Cool J is rendered nerve-wrecked by the word "boobs"

Let's see I Katy's lip syncing is more or less obvious than Chris's

What the fuck happened

That bait-and-switch was pretty ridiculous, but eh, Katy Perry.

Hey she's really singing! Spectacular!
  • edited 2012-02-12 21:09:01

now there's a shocker!

Huh. Totally thought Taylor was going to get that award...

And Adele sounds pretty awesome for someone coming off of vocal cord surgery.

Adele sounds wonderful<3<3<3

Gee, I wonder if she's going to win Best Album
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I've been listening to Power Metal this entire time. I've been following Todd in The Shadows' twitter for it and this is my favorite comment.

The Grammys are turning into what the MTV Video Music Awards should've been... now if only something would be what the Grammys should be

The Grammys are turning into what the MTV Video Music Awards should've been

A big grand celebration of the music business? because if that's not what he means I don't know what he means

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Celebration of spectacle and glitz over actual achievement and quality.

the phrase "should've been" and "over actual achievement and quality" are conflicting

BACKSTAGE AWARDS TIME! Bon Iver just won alternative album. Big surprise. And if anybody still wonders if the Grammys are relevant they have categories for gospel, contemporary christian, new age, "urban", etc.

Louis CK won best comedy album. Betty White won best spoken word. Glee lost, thank Christ, but Fleet Foxes lost best folk album. 

Could Carrie underwood sound any more childish while talking about Tony freakin Bennet
    HahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahaha
    Is he going to fucking do it seriously
    He is YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Fucking amazing
    Jesus
    Big surprise. And if anybody still wonders if the Grammys are relevant they have categories for gospel, contemporary christian, new age, "urban", etc.

Why's it bad to give awards to less popular genres again?

AHAHAHAHAHA BON IVER WON AN AWARD FROM THE GRAMMYS

NOT SO STUPID NOW, ARE THEY

and they brought the orchestra on him too, ahhh