If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This week in ink!

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Fair enough. Next issue does have Hickman spoilers but I think everybody has heard of what happens with the Fantastic Four at that time frame.

Anyway got The Avengers and The Infinity Gauntlet. It was a really fun book and adding Doom to the rag tag bunch of heroes was a stroke of genius because it allowed for some really great setups. 

also next avenging spider-man should totes have spidey and doom teaming up

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The next team-up for AvSM is actually more surprising than that. Apparently, he's teaming up with Aunt May.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

what

That's what I said.

motherfuckers don't know about the golden oldie

• Hickman's Fantastic Four is part of a cryptic, cosmic mystery web that includes Future Foundation (which as FF replaced Fantastic Four for a while), SHIELD, and Secret Warriors.

While each story is self-contained, there are hints here and there to a bigger picture that takes shape when you read them all.

That sounds pretty cool. I'll definitely have to read it once I get around to it.

• edited 2012-08-05 20:42:20
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Secret Invasion #1: Um...there are some pretty huge continuity errors between this and Ms. Marvel. Aside from that, it's a decent start (?) to the event.

Ms. Marvel #28: ...what? This...apparently takes place after Secret Invasion #3...even though #27 said to read Secret Invasion #1, then Ms. Marvel #28...what kind of fucked up reading order did Marvel have going on during this event? Anyway, this starts as a generic punch-up between Ms. Marvel and some Skrulls, then the Skrulls imitate humans, so she has to figure out how to identify them, which she does, and then she kills some Skrulls and then a big Skrull shows up.

That...that really sucked.

I can't say I'm a fan of Marvel events.

• Some are good like Spider-Island or Siege (but honestly I think that Siege was only as enjoyable as it was because it felt cathartic to see the biggest pratfall ever).

Spider-Island was fuckawesome because it was both somewhat contained and every story contributed something really fun to the whole epic of New York going batshit insane because everyone was Spider-Man while keeping a degree of focus on what the story is about which is what makes Peter Parker special enough to be in the position he's in at the time (An Avenger, member of the Future Foundation and one of the smartest inventors in the world)

Whereas Secret Invasion is this really dull story that is there just to justify why everyone ever was a dick at one point or another and set up Dark Reign because Bendis really wanted to write Warren Ellis fanfic.

Being a writer in a genre where you pretty much have a creative free-for-all that lets you go "hey, what if everyone was Spider-Man?" must be pretty fun sometimes.

Anyway, I'm going to wait to read more Ms. Marvel until some post-Secret Invasion stuff is up on Comixology. For now:

Amazing Spider-Man #657: That was so good, I cared even though I'm pretty sure it's the first Fantastic Four thing I've read other than Amazing Spider-Man #1.

Amazing Spider-Man #657: That was so good, I cared even though I'm pretty sure it's the first Fantastic Four thing I've read other than Amazing Spider-Man #1.

that issue had me crying like a baby I shit you not. Especially that ending. 

"Ha. Gotcha."

• edited 2012-08-06 01:28:33
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It's too after midnight for me to be crying. If I read it in a normal state of mind, I probably would have been, especially if I were already an FF reader.

Amazing Spider-Man #658: In order to make up for the last three issues being some of the most depressing stuff you'll see in superhero comics, this issue is pure, concentrated sciencey fun. Seriously, it's like I ground up the discs for Portal and Super Mario Galaxy, mixed them and snorted it. The backup, meanwhile, is pure non-sciencey fun, being the start of a Spider-Man/Ghost Rider crossover. I'm not familiar with Ghost Rider, but that really made me want to read it. 

It's too after midnight for me to be crying. If I read it in a normal state of mind, I probably would have been, especially if I were already an FF reader.

That was actually the story that had made me care about the FF in the first place. I did like them before but it was more because of Doom and EXPLORATION. 

Amazing Spider-Man #659: More ADVENTURE! :D Ooh! And the Sinister Six show up! And the side-plot with Peter's girlfriend is getting really interesting! And the backup is awesome! Seriously, this arc has me smiling like a little kid on Christmas.

• I mostly got interested in Ghost Rider because of things like Oni Raida, Undead G-Man, and Knuckles O'Shaughnessy.

Amazing Spider-Man #660: Cool stuff happens in the main issue, but that kinda fell by the wayside with the reveal of Carlie's tattoo, which made me laugh so hard I was afraid I'd wake my parents.

Amazing Spider-Man #661: "You're the ideal choice! These are at-risk kids, and you've already made virtually every mistake a young hero possibly could!" XD Anyway, as to the meat of the issue, I love how the students seem to be a lot better at living as superheroes than Spider-Man is, aside from their issues. Speaking of issues, the choice of villain really works for this story, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it's going.

But for now, I should probably sleep.

• Yeah I love Avengers Academy. And Avengers Academy + Spider-Man?

Gold.

Avengers Academy.

AKA: The only Avengers title worth reading right now.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

At least until Hickman takes over Aveeengersss....

Oh and Remender is writing Secret Avengers. I might check that out.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Anyway, I owe you guys thanks.

While I was working today, the delivery man came, with all the books the library could buy. I was actually asked to choose the comics that we wanted to buy, since nobody else there has any idea.

So... Thanks for choosing the comics for the library, guys~

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Ooh, what'd you end up choosing?

Transmetropolitan, Avenging Spider-Man, X-Men Legacy, Y's: The Last Man, the new Ms. Marvel comic I forget the name of but I think is just Captain Marvel, Cable and Deadpool, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, I Kill Giants, Daredevil, The Mighty Thor, Justice League Dark, and Demon Knights.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Nice selection there. Did they order trades or monthly issues?

Trades where available, monthly issues for the newer ones that aren't in trades yet. I think, it was like, half a day ago now.

• Yup those are all good.

At least until Hickman takes over Aveeengersss....

november can't come on faster

• So. The First X-Men. So many plot holes it isn't funny. I mean, at least the book is capably written, Neal Adams does know how to tell a story, the problem is that the story he is telling doesn't really fit into the X-Men canon. 

The main problem is Wolverine. Wolverine is suddenly really kind and caring and wants to set up a team to help super powered kids...except that Wolverine's whole character arc when he first appeared was that he was a bit of a bastard until the X-Men helped him mellow out and relax a bit.

Plus, Charles Xavier is a total dickhead who flat out refuses to join the team at first which leads to worry that his story arc is going to be about fucking WOLVERINE helping Professor X mellow out and become more accepting. What. The. Fuck.

Look, I like Wolverine but seriously...fuck off he's the main character of waaaaaaaay too many books and I'm just plain sick of it.

Green Lantern #76: I'm not entirely sure what to think about this. I mean, on the one hand, it kinda shoved a big sign in my face saying "THIS IS THE POINT. DO YOU GET IT?" but the story itself was solid and a good setup for what they were dong with GL and GA.