If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Holiday season game sales: Humble Bundle 4, Steam, Good Old Games, GamersGate, etc.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I'm leaning toward Sequence (Steam), Trauma (GamersGate), and Septerra Core or Fallout 1 or 2 from Good Old Games.

Anyone got anything to say about either of the first two Fallout games?  And about Septerra Core if you actually know the game?

Unfortunately, I won't have enough left over to get Chantelise.  Oh well.
  • edited 2011-12-28 09:54:52
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I have the first Fallout, but I can't seem to get the graphics working right, though I hear other people have had the same problem and fixed it, so I'm sure I'll have that done soon enough.
    Sequence acquired.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Just bought Sequence and Bastion from Steam. The latter actually runs quite well on my laptop, although playing it with a trackpad is a tad annoying. 
  • edited 2011-12-28 11:29:08
    So...I think I might have rushed into the first boss in Sequence a little prematurely...>.>

Wait, never mind. Beat him.
  • edited 2011-12-28 12:05:31
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    Clearly you were of an inferior ethnicity!
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    The latter actually runs quite well on my laptop, although playing it with a trackpad is a tad annoying.
    I can't even begin to imagine playing Bastion on a trackpad.
    What's a trackpad?  A touchpad like the thing standard on a laptop?

Also, INUH, guess what I just got from the TF2 achievement (which I actually got a few days ago, prematurely)?

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    GMH You clearly need to buy that game, to get two coupons for it is surely a sign!
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Hah. If I trade you back the one you traded to me, do you get it for free?
  • Would that even be worth it?
    I doubt it's worth less than nothing.

Watch him get it and discover that it's awesome.
    They're not golden coupons so I can't use it right now.  You can also use only one coupon at a time, so that means that the game will only be 50% off whatever the list price is during the coupon's valid dates.

The base price of the game is $29.99.  50% off is $14.99.  At that price I am not interested; I could get a bunch of games I am more interested in for $14.99.  I mean, if you offered me the game at a very, very low price, or gave me a demo, I might be interested.

That said, the trailer's music is awesome.  Much more dramatic and exciting than the game seems to merit.

Watched trailer for: Farming Simulator 2011
    Expected: Harvest Moon + realism
    Got: {well, we'll see, if I ever actually get this game.}

Y'know, it would be really interesting if a game like this went f2p and instead of people chattering about TF2 hats, people chattered about tractor attachment and boasted about their prize cattle.  That said, this game as it is is a pretty niche game, just not the same niche as, say, JRPGs or something.

...hold on, is that a bull with udders at 2:35?
    ...why am I trying to trade for this now
    -looks at the trailer-

Huh. That's actually pretty impressive detail. If it were like a buck or two, I'd definitely give it a shot.
    If I were Steam I'd have talked to the Farming Simulator guys and given them a christmas achievement.

If only to see if any fuss was kicked up on forums and the like.
    Oh damn, people actually want to trade this to me now.

BTW, can y'all see my inventory at http://steamcommunity.com/id/quintsakugarne/inventory/ ?
    It's showing as blank.

That page did, however, suggest that I install steam, despite my being on an iPhone.
    Are you logged into Steam?
    On my iPhone? No :P
    That would be the problem.

Well, a change has happened.

My -60% Magicka coupon has disappeared.

However, my inventory suddenly contains another game.  It's a game that features brand-name farming equipment, and possibly bulls with udders.  Maybe.
    Still, I find it kinda funny that it's telling me to install steam on my phone.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I'm surprised that there isn't some version of Steam on smartphones. Of course you couldn't play games, but you could look up/buy games, and chat with your friends and shit.
  • edited 2011-12-28 21:40:06
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Is trading Farm Simulator 2011 (base price 29.99, current price 14.99) for Half-Life 2 (base price 9.99, current price 4.99) or Supreme Ruler: Cold War (base price 29.99, current price 11.99) worth it?

SR:CW: release year 2011, metascore 63
    HL2: release year 2004, metascore 96
    FS2011: release year 2010, no metascore
    HL2 is quite good.
    No.
    Keep FS2011!
    Liveblog it!
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    HL2 is quite good.
    Understatement much? :P

• edited 2011-12-29 12:03:46
    Goddamn it, Steam, I just deleted my facebook account T_T

No option for Google+ or anything?
    Hmm linking to FB I think not.
  • edited 2011-12-29 12:32:19
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Me neither.  I like having games, but I will not sacrifice the separation between my Steam existence and my Facebook profile for them.  Bugger off.

In other news, anyone got anything to say about Xotic?