If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Holiday season game sales: Humble Bundle 4, Steam, Good Old Games, GamersGate, etc.

15678911»

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $16.99?

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG...
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Universe Simulator is quite cool, if you're nerdy enough.
    Spacechem is pretty awesome so far.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I have Puzzle Agent 2 on my wishlist.  Puzzle Agent 2 is an achievement game.

I am still not willing to shell ot $2.49 for it.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^Agreed, it's basically Chemical Engineering: The Game. I haven't had that much fun in a puzzle game since Portal.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Mmhmm. It's really satisfying when you create a working system. On that note, if the game does interest you, keep going. Once you complete the first level of World 7, you gain access to the Journal of Reaction Engineering-- 100+ user-made levels, and a level editor. It's pretty awesome.
  • edited 2011-12-30 15:18:53
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^:D
  • edited 2011-12-30 21:06:31
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    The level "nothing works" is trolling me >:-|

And of course I solved it right after posting that -_-
  • edited 2011-12-30 21:56:23
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I feel burned out from trying to do a fuckton of trades, and worrying about the details of every one, and figuring out which ones need to occur first, and which ones next, and monitoring when people are online, or when not, and all that jazz.
    So, my final count is:

- 25% off any Valve game
    - 66% off Singularity
    - 50% off Sol Survivor
    - 50% off Killing Floor
    - 8 coal

...Anyone wanna trade?
    Huh. I tried to get that FotW achievement so I could get a seventh piece of coal to smelt, but it didn't work. Every region had 4th gen nuclear, I globally banned coal, they all went to war...but not nuclear.
    There's a Steam forum thread for that; they have a save file you can use actually.  I also followed someone else's instructions, and it got me the chieve by 2045 or 2055 or so.
  • edited 2011-12-31 21:20:35
    I made a few mistakes in my calculations, which I'm realizing now.

1. Coal becomes less valuable over time.  Alternatively, games are worth more coal over time.

2. Not all "prizes"--coupons and games--are distributed equally.  There are more Valve coupons than other coupons, and probably more Valve games than would meet demand.

At this point I have 28 coal and am wondering whether to convert that all into prizes.
  • Might as well, there are millions of steam users, so your chance of winning anything are quite low.
    Argh, I have six pieces of coal T_T

Not that my odds of getting something useful from crafting it are any good anyway.
    I traded away all of my coal for some guy's spare copy of Nimbus. Hope he wins something or trades it for a nice game.
  • Yo INUH, if you want I'll just give you my piece of coal so you can craft it into something. Might as well try, hmm?
    Really? Thanks!

I don't think I've added you on Steam yet...I go by INUH there as well.
  • There's three of them, which one might you be?
    No avatar, should be listed as "in-game: L.A. Noire."
  • Sending friend request now, be ready to accept it.
    Did so.
    I've decided.  I'm sitting on my 28 coal.  Except for a few straggler potential trades, I'm done.
    Thanks, valve, for actually announcing that on steam. If you hadn't done that, I would have crafted all my coal despite it being completely useless.

-_-
  • edited 2012-01-01 15:02:49
    Hey everyone

indiegala.com

The average right now is $1.74.  This was actually perfect timing, as I was about to spend $1.75 on another game on GamersGate.  FYI the site works like Humble Bundle--you can choose how much to give to developers, charity, and site tip.  Charities included here are Save the Children Italia (Indie Gala is a Rome-based organization) and Child's Play.  Beat the average and get bonuses.  And you kinda have to beat the average anyway since it'll charge you a Paypal processing fee if you don't.  I just paid $1.76.  That leaves me with zip.  Perfect.

The Indie Gala offerings are:
    * InMomentum (a futuristic running racing game, it seems)
    * Hacker Evolution: Duality (a hacking simulator)
    * Saira (a metroidvania by Nifflas)
    * Your Doodles are Bugged! (casual game somewhat like Crayon Physics meets Lemmings)
    * Zombie Shooter 1 (top-down action game)
    * Zombie Shooter 2 (top-down action game with RPG elements)
    * Hacker Evolution: Untold
    * Vizati
    and several albums of music
    * InMomentum OST, by Gareth Coker
    * Doodads, by Robot Science
    * Terra Firma, by The Flashbulb
    * Reptilians, by Starfucker
    * Good Luck, by Robot Science
    * Love as a Dark Hallway, by The Flashbulb

Okay, you don't get all of these if you don't beat the average, but then again, you might as well beat the average, considering how low it is and that you have to pay a Paypal processing fee if you don't.

I haven't heard much about any of these games, except for Saira.  I know that Saira was developed by Nicklas Nygren, also known as Nifflas, who is the developer of indie games like Within a Deep Forest, Knytt, and the Knytt Stories platform (with lots of user submissions).

The way this Indie Gala bundle works is that all the games are serial keys that are redeemed on Steam, except for Vizati, which is a DRM-free direct download.  I do know that Saira is almost never featured in Steam sales though.

And yes, they're all available on Steam, except Vizati.  I just checked.

I haven't played any of these games yet, so all I know is from their trailers and screenshots and descriptions on Steam.
    Apparently some of the Steam prizes have already been awarded.  There is buzz on the Steam forums that Valve awarded the grand prize to some person in Illinois who proceeded to advertise this fact on 'eir profile page and on /v/, complete with screenshots.  Separately, someone else claimed to have been one of the top-ten-on-wishlist prize recipients.

Well, so much for my 35 coal.