If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Holiday season game sales: Humble Bundle 4, Steam, Good Old Games, GamersGate, etc.

Comments

• edited 2011-12-26 13:24:45
    But you never had any to begin with.
    Current inventory is 1 coal, 25% Codemasters, 50% Valve, 33% Bethesda. Got Vegas: Make it Big from crafting. Still have a few achievements on games I own.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^What would you want for the 33% off Bethesda coupon? I have 7 coal.
  • edited 2011-12-26 15:46:02
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @Neo_Crimson: It's changed over time; my undergrad was in chemical engineering then earth/atmospheric science, and my master's was interdisciplinary between climate science and sociology.  I'm most interested in climate change policy and politics.  Trying to go for environmental politics/policy PhD programs these days.

And you're seriously willing to give up coal for a coupon?  Color me surprised.
    ^If it works for Skyrim, then yes I am.
  • I've got
    *Monday Night Combat guest pass
    *75% off coupon for Aliens Vs Predator (2010)
    *50% off coupons for: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus, CyanWorlds games, Valve games.
    *33% off coupon for Bethesda games
    I'd prefer to get games for these, or TF2 weapons, but I have no use for any of this stuff, so offers are welcome.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I've got a 50% off coupon Libyan Commando something.

Any takers/traders?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I have the following:
    * lots of TF2 weapons
    * some Spiral Knights supplies
    * Lucidity
    * 5 coal
    * -50% Valve, -10% Valve, -60% Magicka

Anyone want to give me any of the following?
    * anything from my wishlist
    * extra copies of Recettear, Fate of the World, or Terraria
    * more coal
    Why do you want extra copies of certain games?
    Gifting to other people.
    Ah, I just had images of you with several computers multigaming.
    ...uh...hmm...I guess I could do that too.  Though I only have one pair of hands with which to play them, so it doesn't really work.
    Global thermonuclear war triggered in 2055!

I want a t-shirt that says this:

I TRIGGERED GLOBAL THERMONUCLEAR WARFARE IN 2055
    AND ALL I GOT WAS A LOUSY 33% OFF A 2K GAME COUPON

• I nuked Santa and all I got was a lousy 33% off Bethesda games.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I can't figure out how to do that as the tutorial mode crashes the game :<
    Set your computer calendar to November.

Make sure the game is off when you set dates.

Now run the tutorial.

Now exit the game, wait for it to fully exit, then set your computer's date back to late December.

Now start the game, make a one-player game, build silos, fast-forward time to defcon 1, and strike very close to your cities with nukes.  Santa will be on one of them.
    What's one way to keep noobs from downloading and shitting up F2P games?

"The Steam servers are currently too full."
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    25% off any Valve game, 66% off Singularity, 50% off Sol Survivor, and 5 coal. Woo.
    If anyone would like a Disciples 3 Franchise -50% coupon, go here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2362239

Also,
    Rise of Immortals - 1208.1 MB
    Rusty Hearts - 5180.7 MB
    CrimeCraft GangWars - 10203.4 MB

Enjoy the bandwidth load, idiots!
    >I nuked Santa and all I got was a lousy 33% off Bethesda games.

Could I get that, if you don't want it?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'd ask for that, but I think I have all the Bethesda games.
  • Neo took it, but I've still got what I listed above for whoever wants 'em.
  • edited 2011-12-27 14:06:55
    I think my computer is barely able to handle Rise of Immortals at the lowest setting.

Let's play as Kyrie.  She seems like the character with the least complicated modeling involved for the 3D graphics engine to have to deal with.  Also because she's the least ugly.  (I swear that Balak's character model's head is a bit off.)

Let's do the tutorial first, so we don't start running around in the game like a complete noob.  Instead, we will run around the game at only 85% noobness.

Curiously, here, the screen-name Eukaryote was taken.  I'm taking Eukarya, then.
    I'd heartily recommend Sequence (which has a holiday achievement and is also on Daily discount).

The art is fancy, the humour is great and helped by having the game fully voiced.
    As for the music *shrug* I like electronic music.

The gameplay is pretty fun and busy too.
  • edited 2011-12-27 15:41:23
    I just apparently won a 3-player PvE game, with one fellow newbie and a slightly less inexperienced player.

I got two achievements in the process.

...and a -50% Valve coupon.  How lame.

The game itself wasn't as taxing on my processor as I expected; it's just the title screen at max settings that's crazy.

I read that this was a "dota" game (as in, part of this genre), and I'd never played this before.  I have played Age of Empires, and that was probably the most similar experience I'd had.  Gameplay wasn't too bad, but it was sometimes hard to see what I was clicking on to attack.

We were probably on our way to losing, but then suddenly a dragon with crazy amounts of HP and attack power spawned, and then we defeated it, and then suddenly we won.  I have no idea what happened there.
    Okay, so I bought Fate of the World.  For $2.49 on steam.

I have exactly $5.99 left.

Here are my choices:
    * Septerra Core - $2.48 GamersGate, $2.99 Good Old Games (worry-free gaming and installing, and contains extras)
    * Fallout 1 or 2 - $2.99 Good Old Games
    * Chantelise - $3.38 GamersGate
    * Tropico Reloaded - $2.99 Good Old Games
    * Tobe's Vertical Adventure - $2.49 Steam, $2.50 Good Old Games
    * Braid - $2.49 GamersGate (worry-free gaming), $2.49 Steam (has achievements, possibly useful for future promotional contests)
    * Magicka - $3.40 GamersGate (can be activated on Steam)
    * Trauma - $1.75 GamersGate, ($1.75 Steam)
    * Sequence - $1.24 Steam (apparently recommended by IanExMachina)

IJBM, what do?
    Chantelise and Sequence is the way to go in my opinion.

Don't get Magicka, it's deceptively system intensive. Even on my Intel i7, Nvidia GT 555M equipped laptop it runs slowly.
    I started playing the demo of Chantelise and was a bit confused by the controls.  Does it play well?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I just started playing Sequence. It's quite good.
  • edited 2011-12-28 00:21:32
    ^^ It plays a lot better if you have a 360 controller or something similar, but I still found the keyboard controls alright once I got used to them and switched to a keyboard that could actually support enough simultaneous keypresses.  Even after a few hours though I still occasionally found myself accidentally using magic when I meant to lock onto an enemy, and platforming was still kind of frustrating sometimes.  Still, overall I don't think the controls are too bad once you get used to them.
    Sequence is fun! (See my earlier post about it.)