If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Holiday season game sales: Humble Bundle 4, Steam, Good Old Games, GamersGate, etc.

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I expect the Binding of Isaac forum will be full of complaint threads soon.
    Mainly for it being regarded as difficult.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    BoE is probably the easiest Roguelike I've ever played :P

Anyway, I got Satan's room, but how do you get the achievement from there?
    I have to say I find it easy myself, but there have been threads when it came out full of moaning about the difficulty.

For the achievement you need to actually find Krampus in the devil room, so keep trying devil rooms.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    I think he can pop up as a mini boss, too.

And just crafted Two Worlds II (...Four Worlds?) from coal, so whee.
  • edited 2011-12-29 13:39:13
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Hmm...I'm tempted to buy both L4D 1 and 2. I don't intend to play multiplayer, so is it worth it?
  • edited 2011-12-29 13:39:21
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    At the price? Maybe. The multiplayer's the best part, especially versus mode, but the single-player works pretty nicely.
  • L4D2 is basically an upgrade to L4D1, so I'd just get the second one.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I'm actually liking the forum threads discussing the F2P games more than the games themselves.  They offer an interesting mix of opinions, including some discussion about what works or doesn't work in a game.

Can you believe it?
  • *thinks back on some F2P games*

Yes, yes I can.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    So, completely on a whim, I bought the Quake collection for $7.49...

i don't even know if I can play these games why did I do that
    Why would you be unable to play them?
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    system reqs?
    Considering the first three games were released between '96 - '99...
  • Yeah, if your PC can't play Quake...
    *sigh* It seems that neither my laptop or my desktop is good enough to play BIT.TRIP BEAT...
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I have gotten my little sister addicted to Bit.Trip Runner.

What madness have I unleashed upon this unsuspecting world?!
  • edited 2011-12-29 17:06:27
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Oh look a thread on BoI steam forums full of people complaining they didn't find Krampus instantly, a few of them being people who owned it already but more new people bemoaning having spent 99p on a game.

Edit:

Also people bemoaning that they have to play some games for more than an hour to get an achievement, I think they have the wrong perspective on buying games :/
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^>SPUF

There's your problem.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were people obsessed enough to buy games simply for the achievement, in order to maximize their chances at winning the raffle. 
    Well it appears they are doing that and have now found a way to just change the game files to get the achievement.

I really think the idea that people are FORCED to buy the games for the achievements is stupid, but there are quite a few people espousing the view since the sales/christmas thing started.
    So...they're committing fraud in order to win a contest, then bragging about it on the forums of the contest holders? Smart.
    I know.

Being the kind soul meddler that I am I've already reported the post in the hope that it gets taken down by mods at some point.
    Screw taking the post down; if I were a Valve lawyer, I'd already be pursuing legal action.
    Heh, if only.

It appears that by messing around with one file in BoI you can effectively give yourself all of the game achievements in one go.
  • edited 2011-12-29 17:38:37
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    All Valve would need to do to detect that would be to see who has the achievement but hasn't played long enough that it's remotely plausible.
    Well, I guess there goes my idea of having Steam drawing entries in a future contest be based on number of achievements earned.
    Time to see if I can get back someone else's copy of farm sim 2011.

By the way:

Participated in: Steam 2011 Holiday Great Gift Pile promotion achievements for F2P games Rise of Immortals, Spiral Knights, Rusty Hearts (and counting)

Expected: stupid achievements, achievement-whoring n00bs galore, and some MMORPG gameplay

Got:
    * insight into product promotion
    * insight into F2P business model
    * introduction to dota genre
    * Steam forum postcount increase
    FWIW, I just got some info that the going rate for Spiral Knights crowns to coal is about 4500 crowns : 1 coal.
    TF2 Refined Metal ~= 20000 crowns or 350 CE in SK
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27694502&postcount=2
    Since the trading forum on the official Steam forums is pretty much in a
    constant state of insanity, I thought I'd post my Steam inventory
    here.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/quintsakugarne/inventory/
    All Team Fortress 2 items and Spiral Knights
    items that are tradeable are up for grabs. So are all the coupons.
    Currently I have -50% Valve x2, -10% Valve, -50% Limbo, -50% Farming
    Simulator 2011, and -50% Fallout: New Vegas. I can get you another
    -50% Farming Simulator 2011 if you want it. I also have the games
    Freedom Force and Half-Life 2.

(Note that you need to be logged in on Steam—separate from a Steam forum login—to be able to see my inventory.)

I'm looking for games on my wishlist, or any of the following:
    PM me on the Steam forums or add me on Steam if you want to trade. Y'all get priority.
    I now have so many Steam games that I have to scroll to view the bottom of the list, even though I have a 1080p monitor.