If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Those who defend the--fuck it, I'm talking about White Knighting

AHRAHR
edited 2011-11-21 18:14:37 in General
Yes.

I see it.

It bugs me.

I sometimes receive it from Cakman, but that's different, because when it happens to me, it's very clearly not a flaw.

I think what bugs me is not the "treat girl nicely, so she will like me" attitude, it's more of the "how dare you treat a girl in a way that I would not treat her. I am bodyguard hrargle grargle"

Yeah. 

Comments

• They're somethin' else.
    Too many tropers I knew in my time were guilty of this.

Silly [REDACTED. DON'T NAME NAMES, YOU CUNT]
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-21 18:24:38
    Yes. Yes they were.

They are still kicking around.

I never saw this in real life.

Unless you count the time Cakman's dad asked if Cakman was going to beat up the guy I got into a fight with, due to HONOR.

But I don't think that counts.

There was one time something was misinterpreted as white knighting in real life...hm...
  • I never see it in TVTropes, but I guess I never looked in the right places.
  • I don't have a problem with white-knighting as long as the person is clearly impossible to help. Chris-Chan is an obvious example. A white-knight once contacted him to try and help him be more attractive. It was mostly obvious stuff, like ditch the medallions and clown shirts. And lose weight. He pretty much responded, "FUCK YOU I'M SKINNY AND I CAN GET GIRLS IF I WANT TO JFBJSBAA"

Rampant in Photos, Troper Updates, Angst thread, and especially Fetishes when underage tropers let their curiosity get the best of them.
  • You can change. You can.
    Is this about what I think it is?
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-21 18:37:46
    I dunno, is it? --blinks--
  • Photos, Troper Updates, Angst thread, and especially Fetishes

I thought that was less white knighty and just directly being creepy. 
    blah blah I need to know

--drags AHR into PM room--
  • --is dragged--
  • Radd: Well, yeah, it goes both ways. The whole point of White Knighting is the defending of someone. If everyone is happy and not creepy, there would be less to White Knight about.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    i'm confus

• Drag me in too, I'm confused.
  • White Knights arise because they think they need to defend people from X. If X did not exist, there would be less people who would White Knight. 

X being daily internet conflict and what not.
  • edited 2011-11-21 19:02:07
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    No, I get what a White Knight is, but I dunno what supposedly inspired this thread that Juan is talking about.
  • An occassion that springs to mind: I was ribbing on a brodette I was pals with since the first year of highschool, and one of her friends hanging out in the vicinity walks up to me and says he doesn't like me pestering her like that. I explain that it's all in jest since we go way back and she can bite back perfectly well herself. He droops off embarassed. Suspicion arose that he may have had a crush on her(she was in a relationship at the time), and lo and behold, I later hear that he has confessed twice(once normally, then an I'm-so-depressed pity-ploy) to her. Classy motherfucker.

(Flash-forward half a year later and her relationship of four years is over, she's depressed, and now she's crushing on him, but that's another story)
    Juan, AHR, drag me in too
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-11-21 19:27:13
    Too late, Schitzo, I've been undragged. :P
    Added, although it's not much, really.
  • If there's drama to be seen, I might be interested.
  • There is no drama. Just a minor event that set off a chain reaction of "oh yeah!  This attitude bugs me!"
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I don't really know what's going on, but I would like to. Sign me up?
  • I'd like more context as well.
  • For the love of pete.
  • Hey, Pete loves me, and he treats me very nicely, except when he activates the shock collar.
    guh, might as well link to the relevant thread.

but i'm lazy, so you do it, AHR. >:|
  • ...doesn't that count as importing drama?

Bluh. Fine. Hang on.
  • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=pxdduygi34s8j1y3m6r6g1pp&page=448

You losers can figure out what posts I'm referring to and all that jazz. 

Admittedly, I haven't been on there for a while, so I might be missing some context, but isn't it the moderators' job to crack down on sexual harassment?

Morven did say to lay off her a while back, but the situation seemed to not end there.