If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Asura's Wrath

124»

Comments

• They're somethin' else.

Well, I do want to buy the game, if that's any consolation.

• ^^ It's not a fighting game.

• No rainbow star

^ The screenshots showed implied a fighting game O.o

• It's a beat em up that makes over use of QTEs and takes about 30 seconds to complete.

compare the gameplay to something, Demon Bog. What's it play like?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I want to play Asura's Wrath, but there's no way I'm spending full price on it. I'll probably pick it up once it's down to 20 or rent it or something.

Welp, lemme just rephrase this: Does it play anything like either Devil May Cry or God Hand? is that what this game sticks to? or does it have Battletoads/ Adventures of Bayou Billy syndrome, where it dabbles into too many genre's and game mechanics in one game?

• edited 2012-03-19 07:13:03
    Feel The Wrath....

Well, Here's the gameplay styles.

1. The base gameplay isn't quite devil may cry or god hand, but it's more of a simple Final fight or Streets of Rage based system, to an extent.

2. a Rail shooter that is a bit like Rez or Sin and Punishment.

3. Some the most welll done QTE's ever that mirror every action the game has. Quite litteraly, they don't randomly change buttons unless your countering attacks in the base hand to hand combat gameplay. all the cutscene based QTE's quite litterally Mirror every action taken.

I guess I could give a better example of all the Gameplay styles in one video (With a spoiler warning for people who haven't played yet, just to make sure).

• edited 2012-03-19 16:00:03
    Diet NEET

Your summary doesn't really do it any favours. The simplistic style of a throw-tons-of-enemies-at-you doesn't blend that well with the emphasis on cinematic action of the fights(basically, needs moar enemies on screen at the same time). The shooty bits are quite simplistic(the sequence you showed is one of the only ones with obstacles that need dodging), and lack set-pieces `a la Sin and Punishment. The QTEs might mirror actions taken, but that also means it limits what Asura does(tossing missiles back, pushing contests, facepunches), ultimately cut down on the stylized stuff like offing Augus with his own broken sword.

For me, it fails at maximizing the potential of what it set out to do.

• edited 2012-03-19 14:26:31
    Feel The Wrath....

It is just a first game, so if Capcom were to ever come back to it, they and Cyber Connect 2 could learn from that criticism.

To be honest, I like the style though, as that it feels more like an Arcade game in a way, with lots cutscenes and QTE's added in.