If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Being forced to proclaim faith in a religion you don't really believe in.

13»

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ This man speaks truth.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^If one is discovered, so too will be proof of reincarnation.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Hell, probably both.
  • Can the world handle more than one Clint Eastwood at once?
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Clint Eastwood in his prime would have been a perfect casting choice for Wolverine.
  • You can change. You can.
    Honestly what I like about Eastwood the most is that he's not juat an actor, but...well, look at his period as a politician. That is all.

Clint Eastwood in his prime would have been a perfect casting choice for Wolverine.

But Eastwood is as American as George Washington and fucking with other countries :O
  • edited 2011-11-05 07:39:56
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "Man, does ANYONE here like religion?"

This has already been answered multiple times over, but I don't particularly mind it. I'm an apatheist, myself, but the only time I take offense to religious practices is when people blatantly pervert its ideals so they can control others, like in Waltzy's case; I refuse to believe that any true Christian, or other follower of a popular religion, would treat someone like that.
    "Man, does ANYONE here like religion?"

I've stated multiple times I believe in God. I'm just not hideously vocal about it.
  • edited 2011-11-05 07:53:12
    Belief
    Hmmm, You know, with talk about religion and odd religious practices, this reminds me of a group that I don't really see get much air-time outside of jokes and or obscure references.

The Amish.

One has to wonder how their odd way of life has not raised many more eyebrows than the violent sociopaths that get turned into "Religious" icons.

Something tells me they kinda stay out of the way huh?

Yeah, well just hanging out and farming and building barns does wonders to dispel reputations of being psychotic murderous zealots. =P
  • Clint Eastwood, maybe 10 years ago, would be perfect for Batman in Dark Knight Returns.
  • $80+ per session
    I respect the Amish.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I thought you were a Christian Chagen
  • edited 2011-11-05 11:35:55
    He was. Strongly so.

Also, the point of the placebo effect is that it's not empty, it actually does something, though I'm not sure this applies to religion anyway.

Anyhow, just roll with it. Think of it more as a societal thing.

Though when they make you go to church... screw that.

Also, I thought the Amish were a TV thing for the longest time.
  • Yeah, a placebo in medicine is something that has no physical effect on the body by itself. Any benefits or side effects are due to a psychological belief or distrust in the drug.
  • I'm religious. I'm a member of the Church of England, but then again it's a pretty liberal church by world standards. When I was at university I was friends with a lot of evangelicals. They were by and large really nice people, but in the end I decided I just couldn't go along with that approach to Christianity. If God was really so keen on sending people to hell for their sexuality, I felt he deserved to be denounced for it rather than worshipped. 

I also felt all the missions and attempts to convert people were just alienating them. People don't want you to ram your ideology up their arse all the time. That's one reason I don't talk about it much here.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    CofE are pretty liberal, although don't the different churches/priests views on a lot of issue tend to be different in that you have some that are a lot more LGBT friendly than others?

Also Rowan Willians is petty cool regarding most (but not all) of his views.