If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The All-Purpose Gay Rights thread

edited 2011-01-09 21:23:25 in General
Because this should be good fuel for the fire.

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Why would you make a thread with the express intention of starting a flamewar? >_>

Anyway, I will be whatever-I-am-sexual in the corner over here.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    So I think gay people should have rights and stuff.
  • ^^ So I may know who to avoid talking to here, if needs be.

Plus, anything to get a lively discussion going....
  • Normally I'd post in all caps as a stunning incitement of trollish behavior, but I am trying to move away from such trite metaposting, realizing that the fact that it parodies trolls does not in and of itself make it insightful.
  • edited 2011-01-09 21:34:25
    ^ See? This topic is making people buck up and realise the chasm we must avoid! Don't doubt me!
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    That works, then.
  • Pfft. Gays don't deserve rights. They aren't people! >:D
  • Normally I'd say "Obvious Troll is Obvious" but I'm trying to get away from such empty minded memes.

Seriously though, joking or not, trolling like that is not particularly helpful.

• tomu, I think you just went double meta. 
  • "So I think gay people should have rights and stuff."

I respectfully disagree.
  • Gay people have rights.

They just don't have all the rights straight people have.
  • Gays have the exact same rights as we do! They can marry people of the opposite sex just like we can!

• (I don't actually think there will be any controversy here for a while.)
  • edited 2011-01-10 00:19:20
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    As a Christian, I disagree with their lifestyle and consider that the fact that they act on it rather than keeping out of it sinful, but I can't stop them if they want to do so, as such is within their rights. It doesn't make them any less skilled at work, and they can be well trusted as teachers and so on. I'll only disagree if they try to convince a child to start being gay, but that would be borderline sexual harassment and is very unlikely to happen.

[bla bla Westboro is evil bla bla bla even though they call themselves Christians they don't know the love of God bla bla bla people who would disown or abuse their children rather than being civil about things are [illegitimate child]s coated with bastardry blablabla I have a gay friend, and even though I disapprove of their lifestyle, I still like them and consider them competent blablabla]

There, I think I have all of my bases covered.
  • Well that's more or less sane. Why do you think it's sinful, though? There honestly seems to be more opposition against it in society than there is in the bible from what I've heard.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    The Bible says that it is unclean, which has specifically to do with the holiness of God and the sacredness of sex (yes, sex is considered to be sacred). There are no reasons outside of that, but it is a VERY important deal to a follower, given that glorifying God is a central concept. A lot of believers try to manipulate by fudging statistics, rather than being honest that it is ultimately for a reason that another cannot make use of.

Being gay in and of itself is not a sin, but rather acting upon it and going for a homosexual relationship is (what defiles a man, and all).

Basically, God said no. It goes against his intended purpose. It's not supposed to be in the hands of followers, however, to do any judging. We can say to a homosexual that what they do isn't right, but beyond that, nothing. If they turn us away, we are not to continue trying to change them ourselves. Just pray.

A lot of people miss all of this, however. IGNORANCE kills. And in a strange flavor of irony, it was because of ignorance that Jesus was not recognized as Savior, and the people brutally murdered him instead.

And yet here they are again, being ignorant of what Christ has said.

Doing bad things. :( I really wish things could be different. A lot of people are getting hurt.
  • And people shouldn't eat shellfish.
  • I like being an ignorant sinful lesbian. It's fun.
  • edited 2011-01-10 00:59:28
    I'm not sure what you intended with that statement Aon...

If you were unsure, I was referring to other Christians as ignorant. You
    know, the ones that do horrible things to people "in the name of God".
    Whenever I think of these people I feel like doing something horrible to
    them in the name of God...

I'm honestly sorry if I offend you. I'm still sticking to what the Bible has to say though.

I like you as it is, and I'm practically under the assumption at this point that everyone on the fora is probably homosexual. I don't really care, I still like you guys.

(of course that statement was sarcastic, and this is a halfway-troll topic, so there wasn't really a need to respond...)
  • If you are going to stick with what the Bible says please do not cherry pick and share your Lord's hatred of shell fish and other such things. You must also share his fondness for pigeons, doves, cows, and bags of grain as offering. YOU MUST. YOU MUST BE AS HORRIBLY INCONSISTENT AS GOD.

I have a dislike for the God depicted in the Bible. He is an amazingly inconsistent and pointlessly violent being. If that is God then I will kindly rebel and take my eternal punishment. It's better to suffer than to submit to that. It's much more pleasant to have a god who cares absolutely nothing about humanity.

• Tomu has a point. A lot of Christians don't take everything in the bible seriously, and I think Leviticus is the only part of the bible that touches on this.

Now that I'm looking at it, it doesn't appear to say anything about female homosexual relationships. Just male ones.
  • Ninjas. That's what I get for researching before making a point.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Also, if you actually take Leviticus to heart then you're an ancient Israelite, not a modern Christian silly.
  • Leviticus is a terrible, terrible book. Not because of the cherry picking Christians do regarding it, but because of how fucking boring it is. That is the one part of the Old Testament that I skip and will always skip. I WILL NEVER READ THAT TRASH AGAIN.

And you are right Gelzo. Lesbianism isn't mentioned! We lesbians have a nice loop hole.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Personally Chronicles is more entertaining.
  • I should probably read the New Testament more...But dear god...Those letters...THOSE LETTERS. FUCK YOU PAUL AND YOUR LETTERS.
  • edited 2011-01-10 01:15:12
    "I have a dislike for the God depicted in the Bible. He is an amazingly
    inconsistent and pointlessly violent being. If that is God then I will
    kindly rebel and take my eternal punishment. It's better to suffer than
    to submit to that. It's much more pleasant to have a god who cares
    absolutely nothing about humanity."

As much as I would love to go on explaining things, I have already stated my place in the matter, that I believe I have no reason to dislike you.

Getting into a debate over something like what you describe here is pointless, as it is nigh unto impossible for either side to construct a flawless and decent argument, short of many hours and an unreadable wall of text.

It would go on and on, spinning and spinning, until everyone gets sick like those kids in the sandlot, and pukes up chewing tobacco on various women.

I'll just agree to disagree. Such will save us time. And save us from Carpal tunnel.
  • I just Google passages when I need to prove a point.

Or when I feel like finding some part in the bible I think is just really cool. Like the four horsemen.

/atheist
  • Explaining? Why explain what I've read? God is like a kid with his toys.

"THEY AREN'T DOING WHAT I WANT BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH"

-EXPLOSION GOES HERE-

And then he made Paul and had that fucker write those letters. God is evil. No truly loving parent would have his children suffer those letters.
  • Yeah, Anonym has a point too. Let's not get too far off topic, we can discuss the Christian god in another thread.

I'm more interested in what Anonym has to say about my post. Do you think lesbians are sinful? There's nothing in the bible about that that I'm aware of.