If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Comments

• edited 2011-10-26 05:13:10
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I've pretty much finished my character. Will post in the morning.

And I've thought of an interpretation for his insanity that should allow for less sociopathy. My original plan was for him to think that he and the other vamps were human survivors of some sort of apocalypse (it's not hot enough during the day that humans can't survive, so what are those things that walk around like nothing's wrong), but now I'm thinking more along the lines of his thinking he's part of an experiment involving nanomachine-powered cyborgs created by an ancient conspiracy from a long-dead civilization or something. He might not be consistent, though. It's kinda up in the air for the moment.

And now I must sleep. The sun will be up any minute.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    >might not be consistent
    >playing an insane character.

I think we can deal with that just fine. =P
  • edited 2011-10-26 05:19:52
    Yeah, yeah, I know. But it wouldn't have been invalid for him to stick to a single explanation of his delusions.

By the way, where will this take place?
  • $80+ per session
    I would totally be in for a game.

Also jeanette <3
  • edited 2011-10-26 11:42:56
    No rainbow star
    I'd like to join in on this as well. I'll see what I can whip up character wise

You don't mind that I've only played a tabletop game once, and that was only a few sessions over a chatroom, I hope?

Also this thread is my first exposure to this game/these games, so what should I look up before joining this game?
  • $80+ per session
    Play the game that the thread title is referring to.
  • No rainbow star
    ...I just spent over $1000 on a new laptop which will be shipped soon. Even if I could afford bloodlines, I have the slight issue of having to wait until the laptop arrives until I can play it
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    You don't have to (well, it's Malk's call, but I doubt you have to). It just does an outstanding job of setting the tone.

@Vivi:How far are you exactly?
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Nah, we're accepting newbies. A torrent of the book to understand the setting is advisable though. I can make you character for you if you are lost.
  • edited 2011-10-26 15:25:43
    No rainbow star
    ^ I jail broke my phone so it should be able to torrent now (either that or the tweak I downloaded is nothing but lies)

Edit: Yeah, having a character made for me for this rp would be nice so I can spend more time on learning the system
    If torrenting fails for you, PM me. I know where you can get a direct download.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    ...Whee, I lost my digital copies of the V:TM rulebooks. CONFOUND IT. Mission: Reacquistion is go!
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ Yep, I'll need a direct download. The phone can't male the folder needed for the torrent for some reason
  • edited 2011-10-26 15:53:41
    I seem to be running into a bug where I can't use my computer in my Haven, thus making it impossible to check my email, which I need to do to finish the quest I'm on...I guess I could load an earlier save...
  • $80+ per session
    @INUH I just got to Downtown and stopped there. I talked to Fat Larry for a bit, and Strauss. Got the quests from them and that's it.
    I see.

Is it bad that I started playing after you did, but have two files that are at least three times that far?
  • $80+ per session
    Well, I do have things like school and such.

Plus maybe I fool and dick around in the game a lot more.
    I'm theoretically supposed to have things like school and such.
    Reloading fixed that glitch I was having trouble with.
  • edited 2011-10-27 13:17:11
    But you never had any to begin with.
    Even if I could afford bloodlines
    Well, it's currently $5 on Steam right now, so... :P
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I had to spend all my money on the laptop (which I need for classes), and even dip into school funds. I also need to renew my buspass soon

I don't have $5 to spend on games. I don't even have a cent
    Oh, of course they discounted it right after I bought it :P
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Reminds me of when Deus Ex went on sale the day after I bought it.
    IIRC, that happened to me too T_T
    Finished it.

And the ending I got was excellent.
  • $80+ per session
    I'm not even close. Did you do all the sidequests?
    I think so?

And it was actually my second file. I lost my first file, which was right past the Society of Leopold.
  • $80+ per session
    Huh. Guess you played a whole lot then.

-checks Steam's play record-

O_O
  • $80+ per session
    I'm still in downtown doing sidequests. But I have school and job hunting.