If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Ah ok. That makes more sense. What are you playing now?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Toreador.

I'm up to Hollywood.
  • *bites off Vivi's legs*

>.<
    Holy shit, that...flesh...house...place...

O.o
    Tzimisce!

...you know, I wonder if I missed out to extent knowing a good deal of vampire lore before going in. It might have been spookier if I was in the dark.
  • edited 2011-10-23 18:12:02
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, this is pretty great not being overly familiar with it.

I know a little, but only a little.
    Cleared the Tzimisce house.

The guy at the bottom kicked my ass the first time, but the second, I spammed celerity, making it a cakewalk.
  • So wait, is this the V:TM game that had the wereshark in it?  Or am I thinking of a different one?
    That's Redemption.

This is the one with the Xiang Chi with an army of ninjas in it.
  • I'm pretty sure Bloodlines had a wereshark in it.
  • Aw man... But weresharks are one of the coolest things in WoD. :(

...Ninjas almost make up for it, but...
    ^^It has a werewolf, but I don't think it has a wereshark in it.
  • edited 2011-10-23 18:23:41
    ...I never really cared for WoD werewolves, to be honest.  But weresharks and werespiders?  Eeeeh, so cool~! ^_^
    Werewolf is grimdark Captain Planet. =P
    So...I'm in the sewers after that house, and I found my way from there back to Hollywood...wasn't I supposed to be looking for the Nosferatu?
  • Malk if Bloodlines did not have a wereshark then explain what the enemy you fought at the end of gone fishin' was in terms of the lore.
    Ah, nevermind, figured out the way forward. That was needlessly complicated.
    Oh that. That's a Same-Bito which I guess is technically a wereshark. They're not proper Rokea though.

Basically weeaboo wereshark, so you win delta.
  • ...So do any of these games have Ananasi in them?  'Cause that would just be all kinds of awesome. >.>
  • $80+ per session
    Just got through the beginning tutorial, and I'm in my apartment now.

I already love it.
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

I've thought of playing this, and it's probably in the realm of games I fancy playing but have dozens of others to play before I do. How does it compare to say, Knights of The Old Republic?

I'd say that depends on how important atmosphere is to you. This game does atmosphere really well; better than any other game I've played, in spots.
    That would definitely be a plus. Though are we talking constantly depressing, dark, dreary atmosphere, or does it vary somewhat?
    It varies.

There are a few specific levels which have definitely made my list of best areas in games.

Just getting away from some of the more cliched settings for modern-day vampire stories would be a start. 

DAT HAUNTED HOUSE

This game is part of a setting that defined modern day vamps for me, so I'm probably too close to determine how cliche it is.
  • $80+ per session
    Just got out of the hospital after getting the medicine for Mercutio.

DAT EXPLORATION.
    Haunted houses are a classic staple, and will always be good, cliche or not.. I meant nightclubs especially. 
    There are lots of dance clubs, actually.

I like that shaking your groove thing for long enough gains humanity.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I am a vampire traditionalist. If I cannot devolve into a bat the size of a bear by giving into my baser sanguine urges, I am displeased.