If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

edited 2011-10-07 20:16:28 in Wonderful posts
probably human
SEE THE INVISIBLE

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!

Comments

• FLY AWAY NOW
    FLY AWAY
    FLY AWAY NOW
    FLY AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

...Wait, that's not right...
  • $80+ per session
    FRY ME TO DAH MOON.
  • probably human
    Right studio, wrong show!

A show without FIGHTING SPIRIT, even!
  • Bah, Panty and Stocking have plenty of fighting spirit!  Hell, they even literally pierce the heavens at one point!

...Now if only Gunbuster had some Engrishy song.  Such a shame the best Gainax production can't be represented here. >.>
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE SOMEONE

SOMEONE ELSE!
  • $80+ per session
    Debatably the best Gainax production, of course.
  • Do the impossible?

What do you I'm trying to do when I ship Malk and Juan?!?
  • You can change. You can.
    Break the unbreakable
  • Ship the unshippable!
    Well, by half this board's estimation I'm a girl anyhow.
    yeah, you're totally helping our cause there. Totally.

--smacks Malk's head--
  • a little muffled
    @Moerin:
    ...Now if only Gunbuster had some Engrishy song.  Such a shame the best Gainax production can't be represented here. >.>
    Maybe not a song, but we can still spam BUSTAAAAAA BEEEEEEAM!
    I'm not out to make any argument. I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.
    Yes, but think of the shipping

THE SHIPPING!

also, anime club, we should watch gunbuster.
  • ^^^ I think you mean SUUUUUUPAAAAAA INAZUMAAAAAA KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

^ YES.  Yes you should I cannot stress this enough watch Gunbuster or I'll sneak into your house at night and castrate you. ^_^
    ^^I have been. The Republicans trying to cut the work force of the post office has just been terrible.
  • a little muffled
    @Moerin:
    I think you mean SUUUUUUPAAAAAA INAZUMAAAAAA KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!
    That too.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    We should bump the Anime club topic.

And, y'know actually do stuff...
  • God fucking dammit I love Super Robot
  • a little muffled
    Watch Gunbuster etc etc.
  • Real Robot does not have extreme over-the-topness and attacks that are yelled at top volume.

It is objectively worse than Super Robot.

/the above is a joke, because someone will start yelling at me unless I specify this
  • Obviously you never watched the link!  This is why you are still an ignorant child!
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >Implying Macross is real robot.
  • a little muffled
    Does Macross 7 really count as real robot? Doesn't it have mechas powered by rock music fighting space vampires or something?

Gunbuster kinda blurs the lines between super and real. But the shouty attacks are there, very much. Noriko Hidaka is the best at shouting attacks.
  • Isn't Macross damn near Super Robot?
  • Macross is real robot, yes.  Trust me, I know people who take the distinction very seriously, and they class it as real robot.  It's because it focuses more on the characters than the robots themselves, and because there isn't "one robot to rule them all", the robots are very fragile and get damaged and destroyed far easier than your average super robot.
  • edited 2011-10-07 21:40:26
    a little muffled
    @Chagen: The original isn't. Of course, the original isn't really anything-robot since the transforming mechas spend way more time in plane form than mech form anyway. But it's closer to real.

@Moerin: The franchise as a whole certainly is, but I've just heard 7 is...different. I haven't actually seen it though.
    The fact that the genre is called 'real robot' always makes me giggle.
  • a little muffled
    Especially because it is typically about things that are neither real nor robots.