If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

13»

Comments

• edited 2011-10-08 00:21:33
    Also, Persona is one of the few JRPGs with actual roleplaying in them and you liked those.

I was never actually roleplaying when I played it though.  I just picked whatever dialogue options I thought were the best.

Though I guess admittedly it's more that I don't think roleplaying is fun in video games, rather than thinking that video games with roleplaying aren't fun.

^^ I will consider it.

• a little muffled
    @Chagen: Have you seen the outfits some of the guys wear in Star Driver?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I think it would take a lot for me to NOT play a JRPG with my genre-savviness in place.

I'm still looking for a game that can do that.  And not cause me to think subconsciously about getting all the treasure and talking twice to every NPC and exploring every room and smashing barrels in town and stuff.

I'm also looking for a good WRPG that I can get for free.
  • probably human
    Oh dear, this thread has certainly exploded!

@Glenn

...Would a western-made JRPG be enough for you? :P

If so, Exit Fate and Last Scenario are both awesome.

Not sure if there are any fully-fledged WRPGs that are available for free...
  • Daggerfall is freeware as of a couple years ago, so you could try that.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^^ Haven't heard of those titles before, so I'll look into them, thanks.

^ Have been thinking of trying that.  I hope it's more accessible than Arena...