If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I miss IJBM2's early days

BobBob
edited 2011-10-03 02:22:53 in IJBM meta
I miss Komodin's hate-boner for Vorpy, I miss Karlz Balena and Inkblot repeatedly mentioning how IJBM2 was going to die a slow, painful death, I miss Kino... well, being Kino, I miss me, Icalasari, randomtropeloser and Vorpy making a bunch of wonderthreads when everyone else was asleep and generally being stupid but in a fun way, I miss when Vivi was still known as Saturn and Vorpy was still known as Tnophelia (and wasn't banned), I miss when there was only one mod and one admin, and I miss being one of the first three users here (or first five, or something like that).

And now all I have are memories. Memories, and old threads. ;_;

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I wasn't here for early IJBM2.

:<
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-10-03 02:25:32
    -sicks TyraBanks on Forzare-

-only not really-

lol, stupid old joke that only randomtropeloser, CentralAvenue and Anonus would get.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    noooooo

i don't want to go to modelland

don't make me gooooooo
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-10-03 02:26:36
    -turns Forzare into an intoxibella-
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Goodness great-swords! Modelland? Here!?
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-10-03 02:28:46
    YES, AND SOON IT WILL RULE OVER YOU ALL! MWAHAHAAA!

Come to think of it, I also miss pre-nuke IJBM. Also, I miss when Yack Fest didn't suck and me and Central Avenue and Epitome posted RENT lyrics and OH MY GOD THE NOSTALGIA IS KILLING ME
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I miss me dropping out once in a while and complaining on TV Tropes how much this place sucks.

No wait, I don't.
  • edited 2011-10-03 06:39:18
    Diet NEET
    Karlz Belena was on IJBM2? I only know him as a poster who vehemently pointed out privilege everywhere in an exasperated tone, it seems sorta masochistic of him to post over on this site.
  • Clean your room little Billy

I miss not going on IJBM2 because Vanilla and my browser had agreed to disagree.

^ I thought I knew that name from somewhere. Mysteriously, he didn't have any complaints about Team Fortress 2, or not enough to stop playing it.

• But you never had any to begin with.
    All I remember about Karlz Belena is his whole "Writing fanfic makes you a terrible subhuman being" shtick.
  • No rainbow star
    I miss me wonderposting too :(
  • You can change. You can.
    Let's face it, this thread is all about me and Bob's hate boner for me.

Emphasis in boner.
  • No rainbow star
    ^Emlahasis on Emphasis! :D Do I win!?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    You can always necro.
    Yeah, GMH, but that'd be like necroing the original Sleep Dep thread back in TvT and honestly expect it to be the same environment.

It's not just the threads. It's the people, the attitude, etc etc. They were different times. For better or for worse.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ And the song for the cartoon of the Better or for Worse comic just popped into my head

Thanks. Thanks a lot
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    There's a cartoon for that?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ There was one on Teletoon
  • "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. I've seen Karlz Belena and Inkblot repeatedly mentioning how IJBM2 was going to die a slow, painful death. I've seen me, Icalasari, randomtropeloser and Vorpy make a bunch of wonderthreads when everyone else was asleep and generally being stupid but in a fun way. All these moments will be lost... like tears... in the rain. Time to die."

This is what immediately sprang to mind after reading the OP.
    I remember the days when roughly two-thirds of my posts were shitposts...
    @gentlemanorcus: I don’t know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life – anybody’s life; my life. All he’d wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.
  • Re:Karlz Balena: Yep, he was here. He got banned pretty quickly, though. Not sure why, but I have a pretty good idea.

Yeah, GMH, but that'd be like necroing the original Sleep Dep thread back in TvT and honestly expect it to be the same environment.

It's not just the threads. It's the people, the attitude, etc etc. They were different times. For better or for worse.

Couldn't agree more with this. Plus, I'm pretty sure I'd get reprimanded for necroing random threads.
  • Does that video actual relate to the topic, or are you just being a douche again?
  • Doucheyness typically seems like the best answer given any answer.
  • The video is tangentially related, it's a scene from game of thrones in which a character talks about the "good old days", and is bitched out by another for it. Of course, feel free to take offense to everything I say, if it makes you feel better.
  • Karlz Belena went as KarlzBPimparoni here.

And their gender was set as female.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-10-03 18:00:58
    Does that mean I have permission to call you a fat nad-sniffing faggot virgin neckbeard bastard without getting thumped? :D

I'll let you call me an obnoxious, annoying, bitchy wannabe attention-whore!
  • You'll have to ask Cygan about that.
  • I miss when Nyar was always cynical and always viewing things with pessimisitic views.

In other words, I miss when Nyar was being a German.