If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I miss IJBM2's early days

13»

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Honestly? Beyond the fact that the FSM is deliberately a creation made by someone in order to highlight how stupid religions are (I don't agree, mind)?

I'd say there's not much to it except that if someone actually believes in the FSM, then that person is missing on the joke. Whether he exists or not, well...he can, going from our stock on evidence and proof.
  • No rainbow star
    I just accept that its just as likely that there is no deity as there is a deity that is a massive fish eyeball who watches us all as we masturbate and feeds off of the sexual frustration, then go on believing in what I believe because that's the most I can do in the situation
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    When considering a person, I examine their morals more than their beliefs.
    Pretty much. Whether you worship Cthulhu, Batman, Sony or Dishes, I don't give a flying fuck. As long as you respect other people, then I don't care.
  • I really should not have to, but I'll clarify that an opinion that a belief isn't one worth having or respecting isn't the same as an opinion that a person isn't worth tolerating or respecting.

Religion is unbearably stupid to me, but I can't say every believer is unbearably stupid. There's little quirks of the human mind that make people bright in some areas and less so in others.
  • I will repeat this again: intelligence has nothing to do with beliefs and values.

As for Bobby G, he's a nice guy. If faith helps him be a nice guy, all the more power to him.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

>Because as long as they're happy and they're leading productive
    lives, I don't give a flying fuck what they believe in, cause I have no
    right to criticize them for it.

This. With the caveat of them not using their beliefs to harm others or make themselves feel superior.

Religion, the broadest sense, is part of being human.

• Doesn't look like I'm making any traction here, so I'm done.
  • Religion derail, eh.

I'll just add that the FSM was originally made up as an analogy to teaching intelligent design in schools, not religion.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    This was the last topic I expected to religion derail.
  • ^ Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side IJBM.

• My bad. I forgot how aggravating they can be.

Anyway, I noticed I called dibs on the B&hammer back when GMH first proposed the idea. Shame I never got one.
    Note: I have no plans to create an IJBM II forum

lawl.
  • edited 2011-10-05 18:51:34
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    "From my perspective it isn't about being idealistic, but about having holes in your reasoning. If someone goes back to religion, they either never properly established for themselves in the first place why you shouldn't bother to take stock in it, or decide something along the lines of emotional comfort being more important than a firmer grip on reality.

I realize how arrogant this sounds, but I guess I don't really have a reason to hide what I think."

So, a firmer grip on reality? I doubt that, if you had a firmer grip of reality, you'd notice that's easier to make people believe in a deity, which allows a comfortable degree of social cohesion that's not dependant on race, age or nationality, than to make them enlightened and socially cohesive, people are not superrational.
  • ^^ Well, technically speaking he didn't create the place...
  • ^^I don't mean to chastise you for that post, I just want to remind you that I said I was done, so I don't want to respond to that.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Fair enough
  • No rainbow star
    By the way, I have been making shitposts still

I've been using a lot of sockpuppets for some of them, however :D