If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

OTC

1234568»

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Newsflash, Shichibukai, genetic isolation is just stagnation and higher risk of genetic disease, go ask ashkenazi.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2011-10-14 12:35:15
    Blonde is overrated.

ಠ_ಠ
  • I've never understood having favourite hair or eye colors in general, rather than just looking at people and deciding whether they specifically look good.

This.  Well, at least IRL.  Fictional characters or people that I only ever see in photos/video and don't know in real life get treated differently and I can and will be pickier.

• edited 2011-10-14 13:37:39
    ^^Well, excuse me princess. Admittedly, a lot of it is due to the stereotype. Or maybe favouring blonde is a white thing.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > Newsflash, Shichibukai, genetic isolation is just stagnation and higher risk of genetic disease, go ask ashkenazi.

Though if you can identify the particular mutations causing them trouble, they can be useful...to the rest of the world: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/july-dec11/alzheimers_10-13.html
  • edited 2011-10-14 17:21:56
    Loser
    On the topic of race, I found this site somewhat interesting. It seems to suggest that genetic variation is not really directly linked to race. Your mileage may vary on if it has an agenda to further or if it may have some clear bias. I am not familiar enough with science to judge that for myself, but I think at the very least it provides another perspective.

INUH,
    I've never understood having favorite hair or eye colors in general, rather than just looking at people and deciding whether they specifically look good.

I think it makes some sense for the same reason that it makes some sense to have a favorite color. That being said, I am not going to disagree with the idea that people focus far too much on superficial things over ones that are much more likely to be indicative of long-term relationship stability (or instability).
  • You can change. You can.
    The way I see it, racial preservation is dumb for a million reasons and a half. The main one being, specially, that I really don't care if there are more whites, blacks, latinos or asian people in the world. Because, let's face it, race should not matter. The color of your skin is just...well...that. a color. And unless this means something other than maybe identifying who your ancestors were, then I don't see the point in caring for it. 
  • Juan's post reminds me of that episode in 30 Rock where Liz dates a Black guy she hates, and is mistaken for racist.

And then, at the end of the episode, he says to her, "Look, Liz....maybe, one day, race won't matter. Our children will just hate each other because they hate each other..." or something like that.

Funny and wise. I hope that day comes. The day where we stop giving a shit about race.