If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Diamos: A Fantasy Text Adventure RPG

Comments

• edited 2011-10-10 18:40:01
    No rainbow star
    >You go through the center path. Jackpot! Coins and objects EVERYWHERE! And a few cards. In the center you see a sword of the following appearance:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18873694/Photo 11-10-04 6 23 41 PM.jpg" width="462" height="615">

>It's about the size of a normal short sword

(The brace in the image has skewed perspective to show that it is a ring to put your arm through)
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >LOOOOOOOOOOOO-Wait a minute.

>Check for traps.

• No rainbow star
    >You find no traps
  • edited 2011-10-09 22:50:52
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >Then loot like a baws.
  • No rainbow star
    >What do you loot first? The coins, the cards, the artifacts, or the sword?
    >Send out everybody so you can do it all at once!
  • edited 2011-10-10 13:30:03
    No rainbow star
    >You send out everyone. You're the only one able to carry the sword as Scarfs can't get a good grip on it without covering its eyes, Flora is too small, and the Hell's Mist can't balance it on their backs. As you grab the sword you hear a voice

>"Who DARES to steal my treasure!?"
    >Just as planned. Recall everyone and hide behind a rock.
  • No rainbow star
    >The dragon comes in. "No sense in hiding! I can sense where you are!"

>Plants start growing from the floor and grabbing for whatever they can
    >A Dragon that can control plants?

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/2256/original/NOT_AS_PLANNED.PNG?1242242744">

>Burn the ground, and get rid of the plants.
  • edited 2011-10-10 18:37:09
    No rainbow star
    >As you burn the ground, the dragon growls. "How DARE you bring that... That infernal ENERGY into my lair! Stealing my treasure... Bringing that accursed FIRE into my lair... It's like you want to JUSTIFY me killing you!"

>The dragon bursts into the room, roaring. The dragon looks like it is made of wood, with all sorts of flammable plant life growing on it

>Oddly, the area around the sword you got is devoid of plants, and there is no heat near it, despite how much fire you used
    >Equip sword.

>Try releasing the magic it drained.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    >Aim to capture the dragon rather than killing it.
  • No rainbow star
    >It sends out a blast of heat and... burning plants... out at the dragon, which screeches and recoils from the attack. "YOU... YOU..."

>It then roars and charges at you, all while your Hell's Mist, Scarfs, and Flora keep gathering treasure for you, ignoring the fight
    >Flora shoot your fireball thingy, the treasure can wait.

> Hell's mist, stay away from the plants, as misting is good for them.
  • No rainbow star
    >You give your commands. Flora blasts her energy ball at the dragon - approximating your order of a fire ball as best as possible - which doesn't even notice. Guess her attacks aren't effective on the dragon
    > Ok Flora no worries you can do treasure again.

>Wield sword towards the dragon.
  • No rainbow star
    >The dragon roars and brings up a translucent blue, brown, red, and white swirling bubble around itself
    >Poke Stab with sword.
  • edited 2011-10-10 19:04:08
    No rainbow star
    >You stab the bubble. The sword goes through easily and lets you in with it. The dragon is starting to look freaked...

>...Until your sword suddenly goes grey all over. The bubble solidifies around you and the dragon now, no longer being nulled by the sword. You're trapped in a small space. With a pissed off dragon. In direct range with all of its possible attacks
    >Attempt to talk to the dragon?

>Failing that try to capture.

>Stab dragon with the sword?
    >Energize the sword with a fire spell.
  • No rainbow star
    >"Hey there, uh... You kind of surprised me so I attacked without thinking... I... Heh... Didn't realize this was your trea-"

>Vines start to strangle you. You attempt to stab at the dragon, but you can't get a good attack in due to being lifted up. As a last ditch attempt, you try to energize the sword. The sword is clearly not absorbing magic right now because the flames hit it like they would a normal piece of metal, some flying off. The flames hit the vines and set them on fire. Some more flames hit the dragon, setting it on fire. It screams in pain and lets you go, the bubble dissipating

>The beast weakened, you attempt to capture it. The aura dispells within a second, though. Still too healthy to capture
    > One more fireball.
    >Threaten the dragon with more fire unless it concedes to being captured.
    > Then attempt capture
    >Try waving the sword around the flames.

>Have the Hell's Mist (Alpha included) try to hold the dragon.

>CHAAAAARGE!

• edited 2011-10-10 19:19:11
    No rainbow star
    FAILURE on my part
  • edited 2011-10-10 19:19:01
    No rainbow star
    >You blast the dragon with more fire. It screeches in pain

>"YOU WILL SUBMIT TO ME UNLESS YOU WANT TO BURN!"

>The dragon roars, flames licking his body. "I'd rather DIE then submit to a FOOL like YOU!" He then charges straight at you

>You
    attempt another capture. The aura lasts longer this time, but still not
    long enough. He resumes his charging. One or two more fireballs should
    do the trick

>Waving the sword still doesn't reactivate it. So instead you have the Hell's Mist strike the dragon and pin it. They send it rolling onto its side, stopping the charge entirely. You then charge at the dragon itself and give it a good slash. Sap pours from the wound and makes the dragon extra flammable. It screams in pain and the wolves back off from the heat, leaving the dragon to writhe in pain

...Whoops thought I was editing the last post
    >Capture it a third time.
  • No rainbow star
    >The aura stays around it, and it is sent into a card form. The card comes to your hand, flames coming off for a second before they extinguish themselves
    >Have the others ready.

>Summon the dragon.

>Ask it about the sword.