If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Forzare Fails to Weather the Hurricane

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    New Jersey, about 20 minutes from the coast.
    Power's going to go off any minute now. At least it's nighttime and not the middle of the day, because the heat would be intolerable.
    Also, Forzare, you may find this helpful:

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    We're with you in spirit, GLORIOUSLeader!

As for Connecticut, it seems that the eye of the storm is most likely to travel through Litchfield County, the northwest corner of our state, delivering tropical-storm-force winds.

A reporter for NBC Connecticut in Old Saybrook is noting that the wind is starting to pick up there.  That's on the coast in southeastern Connecticut.
    Not near where I live, but tornado warning for Philadelphia.

yaaaaaaaaaay

Beach erosion in Atlantic City. And the hurricane is still in Virginia. 

Also, my room's electrical socket is leaking. So I get to sleep in the basement.
    Also, here is NYC.

Dang.
    10:20 AM EDT in north-central Connecticut: Winds still easterly (i.e. from the east), lots of leaves everywhere, some downed branches, eye currently suspected to be near Manhattan.
  • I hope Forzare suvived!

Someone should ask him when they see him next.
    He's probably fine. He's further east than me.
    His electricity might be out.  Or he's still asleep.

Don't be surprised if I also disappear due to the first reason.
  • -_-, It was a joke GMH, one I didn't think too subtle till I realized it went over your head. XD
  • edited 2011-08-28 09:54:53
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Apparently there are over 500,000 people without electricity in Connecticut.

In ether of what I think are the two towns that Forzare might live in, Connecticut Light and Power reports 90+% power outage.

We're lucky here, it's only 2% so far.

^ Heh, it didn't much matter.
    Governor Malloy now says it's 600K.

FYI here is an outage map from the biggest utility in the state: http://www.cl-p.com/outage/OutageMap.aspx (warning: SLOW LOADING)
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    If your apartment is hit by a dolphin DO NOT GO OUTSIDE TO SEE IF THE DOLPHIN IS OKAY. That's how the hurricane tricks you into going outside.
  • Lol, Hurricanes are throwing dolphins?

Aren't those things horrible murderers? why would I care?
  • edited 2011-08-28 12:12:59
    Come to think of it, I wonder where @Hatter is.  He's also somewhere in CT; probably west ofthe river.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Thanks to the hurricane I'm stuck with a bunch of Quakers at a religious camp. The twenty somethings among us are going into town later for snacks and Booze.
    lolwhut

Anyway, 1:58 PM EDT, winds seem to be going north, or west, or I'm not really sure anymore.  It's all rather chaotic.

The scene on the ground is also rather chaotic, just leaves and some branches everywhere.  A few fallen trees or large branches.  Not much else so far.

National photos: http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/weather/stories/NATL-Hurricane-Irene-Barrels-Toward-US-Coast-128245093.html (from SC, NC, VA, NJ, NY, etc.).  Contains a very amazing shot of Manhattan from the water, with storm clouds overhead.

Connecticut photos: http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Connecticut-Braces-for-Irene-128478298.html (Includes an impressive photo of a road partly washed away by water, in Harwington.)
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Overall from the media coverage I've seen the overall view is:
    Not really that bad for various reasons including good preparations and the like.

Is that rather accurate?
  • edited 2011-08-28 13:27:05
    Yeah, basically, isolated pockets of severe damage, and widespread major inconvenience.

Well, actually, severe damage if we're talking about property damage from fallen trees is rather distressingly common, especially in places like Connecticut that have a lot of trees.  It's very random.  Smetimes you just have a tree leaning on a house and sometimes you have one smashing through two cars.

There were sme reports of tornado touchdowns in parts of Virginia/Maryland/Delaware, but those seem isolated.
  • No rainbow star
    I bet Forzare died after fighting the Hurricane with his bare hands, wounding it enough so it would learn to fear humans and stop trying to steal their food

Truely a hero
    So I got my power back an hour or two ago, and now I have the Internet. Everything's fine. The most damage we've got is a bunch of branches in our yard. Big ones, to be sure, but the storm surge is fairly far away and the roads are clear for the most part. 

^ Nah, he was probably killed by a dolphin or something.
    Fucking dolphins.
  • I've heard there have been deaths, but I don't know how many of those were people being idiots and not paying attention to warnings.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    They don't have vehicles I guess.
    At least one of them (one here in Connecticut) was from a fire that was started by property damage due to the hurricane.
  • ^Huh. Didn't hear about that one. Then again, I haven't really been reading the local news properly today...

So if what GMH posted in OTC is correct, then Forzare has no power or internet and is currently relying on a mobile device, so yeah.

You've got to understand, in this here state the three of us come from, there is not a single town that hasn't experienced at least some outages. And much of the whole eastern half is completely out, or nearly so.