If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Forzare Fails to Weather the Hurricane

edited 2011-08-31 22:29:12 in Liveblogging
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
9:15 AM, THE DAY BEFORE THE STORM I was woken up by my mother, who tasked me with finding my flashlight. Apparently most of ours are missing and as flashlights are so vital in a no-power situation, we needed every one I could find. Outside my window, I see that the sky is grey, with not a hint of wind. Ominous indeed. As my parents scramble about, preparing, I eat a bagel. My sister cowers in the basement.

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    > liveblogging

wat
  • edited 2011-08-27 08:19:19
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm liveblogging my experience with the hurricane.

These are vital experiences that all must share.

People need to know my story.
  • edited 2011-08-27 08:19:25
    Belief
    That's what it is.

A blog in Live time no?

On topic: I love hurricanes, Love them to death. XD
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    If I ever... bah.

I'm just going to lie back and enjoy the show.
  • People tend to forget sometimes, due to the association, that a Blog is an actual thing.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I love hurricanes. I hope to sit by the window with a good book as it happens.
  • edited 2011-08-27 08:36:10
    This seems like a severe overreaction to most Floridians.
  • If I ever... bah.

Don't rain on his parade.

You're blowing this out of proportion.

You're getting too winded up.

etc.
    Those jokes were all wet.
  • edited 2011-08-27 08:48:35
    9:47 AM, THE DAY BEFORE THE STORM

The weather outside is still clear, calm, and humid.

I sit down to watch the news for a few minutes. Apparently, it could start raining any time, and it's supposed to get bad around midnight. The hurricane is only going to be a category 1, so it won't be too bad.

My sister is dragged from the basement off to volleyball tryouts.

I decide to play Ocarina of Time to pass the time.

Don't rain on his parade.

The hurricane will do that for me.

The rest of the sentence was actually going to sound like "If I ever see a post from you saying something along the lines of "My roof just came off" I'm not going to save you", but that sounded stupid so I decided against posting it.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    >>"If I ever see a post from you saying something along the lines of "My roof just came off" I'm not going to save you

Well, shit. I was depending on you, Cygan.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Ooh! I'm getting it as well!

They closed eastbound 195 and the Garden State Parkway south of exit 98, meaning there's a lot of traffic.
    Play the Song of Storms, Forzare!
    Deleted double post.

Well, shit. I was depending on you, Cygan.

That's your own fool fault >:|
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    >>Song of Storms

I haven't gotten that far yet ;.;

^ D:
  • Electric Boogaloo
    Irene was a colossal disappointment, dude. We only had one split tree, a few branches knocked off of a couple of other ones, and a little bit of water that seeped under the door. Other than that, it was just a mild annoyance whenever I went out to smoke and all the stuff on base is closed down.

This is going to be a boring-ass liveblog. Just warning you.
  • That depends on Forzare's ability to write.

• edited 2011-08-27 09:51:43
    It's all just for fun anyway. It's not like I really expect to see my roof come off or trees exploding outside my window.
    10:47 AM: THE DAY BEFORE THE STORM

King Dodongo is dead, and the gorons need have no fear of starvation.

All is still quiet outside. No sign of destructive winds as of yet.

My dad is dragging me out to help him with final preparations. We need to secure our boat so nothing happens to it. We need to pick up some last minute supplies. We need to steal borrow a generator from my grandparents, in case we lose power for an extended period of time.
    (Sniffs) Let us remember that Dodongo disliked smoke... he disliked smoke... until the end. (Sobs)
    Damn straight.
  • "My sister is dragged from the basement off to volleyball tryouts."

Holy shit, hurricanes can do that?
  • edited 2011-08-27 11:56:06
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    12:54 PM EDT

I woke this morning to some rain.  My parents were out at the dentist.

It's now the early afternoon and the rain has since stopped.

Preparations made: lol none

Thinking about what to move to the basement in case shit hits the fan.  This might include our computers and my music scores, plus some amount of stuff from my room.

Locations of two candles in the house have been identified.

Somewhat worried about trees in frontyard falling on house.
    ^^ Apparently they took offense to her lack of motivation.

1:09 PM, THE DAY BEFORE THE STORM

At the marina. Our boat is secured. As I was attaching extra fenders to protect it from the wind, it started to rain.

My sisters are making plans to cower sleep downstairs instead of in their bedrooms. This displeases me, because if they do, then I'll have to too, and I won't be able to stay up all night.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    You're on the coast?  I thought you said you were more inland.

Anyway I'm a bit northeast of Hartford.  It's been raining intermittently here.  It seems to just flip between heavy rain and extremely light rain.  Been doing this all day.
    It's a marina on the Connecticut River, not the coast. Do you know the Goodspeed Opera House? It's just a mile or so downriver from that.

Right now, it's calm again.
    So basically, Chapman Pond, according to Google Maps?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Right now, it is drizzling. And the storm path has changed; instead of hitting Atlantic City and then veering towards eastern Long Island, it's going straight up the Jersey Shore, then into western Long Island and Connecticut.
    Where are you?