If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Visual Novels

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^That's a problem, but in the anime, you have the opposite problem where it introduces the entire cast in about 30 seconds. I found myself giving very few shits.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I gave plenty of shits when I watched Rosa beat the ever-living shit out of her daughter.
  • edited 2011-08-17 11:44:31
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    ...and on top of that, I forgot the necessary language settings to get the game working...

AND WHAT THE FUCK, MY SAVE FILES ARE GONE  False alarm, was doin' it wrong.
    ^^Yes, because her daughter is one of the four characters the anime pays attention to.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Fun fact: When the Umineko anime was airing (my attention span was better back then), I had a downright homicidal hatred of Beatrice, and even more so with Eva!Beatrice.
    Beatrice reminded me of this girl who I hated in high school, even down to the witch part (because she was one of them preachy self-righteous wiccan girls with a superiority complex and what not).
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    I'm pretty sure you're meant to hate Beatrice. [Well, at the points where she's a villain, anyway.]
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Oh, obviously, but that doesn't make her more tolerable.

But of course, it did make Battler twice as awesome by comparison.
    For someone trying to make a VN,

-brofist-
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    -brofist-

Wait, I haven't worked on it in ages.
  • You can change. You can.
    Oh great, now all our moderators are VN writers.

when will we get a musician moderator, damn it.

Or a filmmaker moderator. 
  • edited 2011-08-17 12:07:43
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^I actually started back on mine after a break of a couple months the other day.

Argh, I really need to practice my drawing, though.

^We do need a musician mod. That way, the VN mods will all have music to work with.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    IJBM: The Visual Novel

Make it happen.
    Well, then, it's either Solstace or me.

Stacey ain't around, so...
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

I'll give you guys a call when I become a filmmaker.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "when will we get a musician moderator, damn it"

I play the clarinet and am a fairly decent drummer, as much as someone who doesn't have formal training or an actual drumset can call themselves a drummer.
    Huh, really?

damn it, there goes my plan. 
    I actually used to play the piano, and I've been trying to get back to it, but I'm at the stage where I'm still so shitty at it that it's painful to try.

Also play a little dulcimer.
  • edited 2011-08-17 12:32:37
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I'm probably also the closest we have to an athlete moderator; I've been on the swim team since 7th grade.
    Yeah, I am not athletic. I'm not really out-of-shape or anything, but I don't have much in the way of stamina.
    Pretty much with INUH on the whole no athletic thingie. I do do some walking to not lose shape and to keep some stamina, because really, otherwise college would fuck me over. 

Dem stairs
    So, I have no idea where I am in Umineko, but starting over would require going back through all of that fucking Purple Prose, and I'd rather not do that.

CONUNDRUM
  • edited 2011-08-17 12:34:25
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    In most VNs, you can hold down "ctrl" to make it advance the text unreadably fast.

I'm pretty sure Umineko has that feature.
  • edited 2011-08-17 12:34:43
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    There isn't a skip text button?

^ Yeah that.
  • edited 2011-08-17 12:34:48
    You can change. You can.
    Don't do it and read Gotham Central instead like a good kid who has good taste.

:D
  • edited 2011-08-17 12:35:31
    But you never had any to begin with.
    You can speed up the text to the last part you remember?

...Ninjas bloody everywhere.
    But then I still wouldn't know where I am!

Note: This is more an issue of me have not played the game in so long that I've forgotten all the little story details.
    then it's either reread or postpone it to never.
    l2synthesizer

it works wonders for making orchestral / organ pieces that are nigh impossible to do without lessons...or an organ or orchestra.
    ^Yeah, that's definitely on my "to-do" list, but it's lower-priority than developing drawing skills and writing the script.