If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Higurashi.

124»

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    @Anyone who's played through the whole Higurashi VN:

Does the music get better at any point? It's okay, but I thought I heard the soundtrack was really good.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    did you actually read the vn or just the manga
    the manga

it doesn't get better because there is no music
    your logic is impeccable

Probably my favorite music track so far.
  • You can change. You can.
    ITT: Higurashi: SRS Fucking BSNESS
    So I just finished Tatarigoroshi-hen (I think that's the spelling.  Fuck Japan and their long confusing words).  It's probably my favorite chapter so far.

^ -stabs the fuck out of Juan-

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    So I'm on episode 8... and so far all I've gotten have been hints of the gory deaths. Most of it has been goofy moe funtimes and foreshadowing...

Am I watching it wrong?
    I think if you're watching it just for horrible bloody deaths.. yeah.  You're watching it wrong.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I'm not watching it just for horrific bloody deaths, but the way they were hyped up I thought they'd be Mr. Butcher's gore-a-palooza in here.
  • That's how I felt about Narutaru, pretty much.  It's like... the only thing you ever hear about it turns out to be a really small part of it so you end up disappointed.

Of course, Narutaru also just sucks anyway, but that's beside the point.

Meakashi-hen is the one I remember being most full of horrific bloody deaths, and you haven't gotten there yet.

But yeah, it's not quite as bloody as it's reputation.
    But be sure to listen to the whining, since the whiny little bitches tend to be wrong about what is actually wrong with it.
  • Higurashi's status as a gorefest is greatly exaggerated.
    I know. There are like only a few moments where people are brutally killed. But they do stand out.
  • edited 2011-08-22 03:45:51
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm sure everyone here is sick of hearing me talk about Higurashi, but I don't care right now.

I just finished the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni sound novels.

And I might be biased because I'm still riding the high, but I honestly think I can consider it my favorite work in any medium.

To me at least, every single element worked.  I'm not going to say that there weren't sections that dragged a bit, but they tended not to last too long, and even then were few and far between.  When it wanted to be silly, it was hilarious.  When it wanted to be creepy, it was genuinely creepy.  When it wanted to be exciting, it was god damn heart pounding.  Even the mystery arc, which I knew the answers to based on the anime, was a lot of fun reading the sound novels.  It was fun to see all of the clues that all is not what it seemed, and that indicated a bit of what was really going on.

Right from the beginning, Higurashi made me care about it's characters like few other things have, so when horrible things happened to them, they really hit home.  I liked every single character.

I've never read (or watched, or played...) anything that emotionally affected me as much as Higurashi did.  When I said things made me cry before, I'd meant that the scene just made me tear up a bit.  But there were two or three scenes in the Higurashi sound novels that had me openly crying, tears running down my face and all. 

The music, especially in Kai, was fantastic.  There's not one track that I can point to that I think failed, and almost every piece was brilliantly placed and fulfilled it's role perfectly.  I don't think I'll ever be able to hear any of the variations on Dear You again without crying, and Dear You ~Destructive~ fucking made that scene with Akasaka.  If you've played Higurashi, you know the one.

10/10
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Higurashi is on Steam Greenlight.

This is not a drill.

I heard.

I squeed.

I took to tumblr to rally my 404 followers.

• Why does it matter?

Stuff finding a broader audience is a good thing.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    That's very, VERY subjective
    In this case, it is a good thing.
  • edited 2012-09-04 14:50:14
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

That's very, VERY subjective

...?

Unless you mean in the sense that bad stuff finding a broader audience isn't a good thing, I'm not sure what you mean.

• Kichigai birthday!!

This is me just being hipster as fuck but imagine Higurashi does indeed get in Steam. Then it gets a (bit) popular and some Youtube Let's Player with an awful fanbase decides to LP it.

Then you, unaware of all this decide to listen to Dear You and, scrolling down to read the comments, you find hordes of "thumbs up if pewdiepie sent you here XD", "this game is shit o_O if i wanted 2 read id get abook" and "fuck cod this is a REAL game thumbs up if you agree"

Would YOU be able to live with such a DISGRACE?

Youtube comments being stupid? If you can't live with that, you can't live.

Would YOU be able to live with such a DISGRACE?

yes
  • Kichigai birthday!!

Then you guys are stronger than me.

Nah, this is just me being Cranky Kong.Fanbases getting bigger is normally a good thing, though with very big fanbases sometimes is hard to tell who's there because he's a true fan and who's just jumping in bandwagons

• I'm a damn twisted person

Oh dear. No true Scotsman considerations in relation to fandoms. So maddening, but utterly pointless.