If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

INUH's D&D game

Comments

• Glaives are better.

Sareth doesn't curse. Instead he rolls to the side, feeling a slash of something cold across his arm as the axe hurtles into the bench. When he gets back to his feet, he stares at the cut on his arm, then begins to laugh.

"Do you think that scares me? I am not some peasant boy who runs screaming at the first sight of blood." He dabs his fingers into the wound, letting red wet his fingers, then slips his fingers into his mouth, a look of pleasure a little too intense to be comfortable crossing his face. "In fact, I rather enjoy it."

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    The book hits Engelin, but not very hard. It seems whatever ghost threw it isn't very strong. (1 nonlethal damage.)

Sir Cole looks slightly disturbed by Sareth's reaction, but elects not to comment on it.
  • Engeling annoyed, grabs the book with the underlined passage and leaves the judges chambers, closing the door behind him. He then goes to sit down in the jurors box to read the passage,
    The underlined passage reads "We, entrusted with justice, must be above reproach. Those who fail to serve justice blindly shall reap what they sow."
  • Glaives are better.
    Sareth walks over to the juror's box and leans against the railing, looking down at Engeling. "What does it say?"
  • "It says 'We, entrusted with justice, must be above reproach. Those who fail to serve justice blindly shall reap what they sow.' My gut says the executioner is out for revenge."
  • Glaives are better.
    "Someone's being very naughty," Sareth agrees. He looks back at the paladin and the original jurors. "Tell me about the judge for this cases."
  • edited 2011-07-30 18:37:50
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "Well, this has answered one of my questions. Or perhaps two. But, knowing that, we should try the western doors next. That's the only way left to go, really. Although I have not searched the judge's box yet. That might tell us something about him." Killian goes to do that, since that and the juror's box, which was just full of eyes, are the only places in the room that might be hiding something that were not searched as much as he would have liked.
  • "I don't care much about the judge. Even though it has been 10 years, I have a few questions about the trial for you all that were there.  Patrissa Vrakes I am going to start my questioning with you. What do you remember about the trial. What evidence was brought out and what was the executioners defense in particular if you remember."
    Malgrim takes the cigar out of his mouth and answers Sareth. "Judge Trabe. No-nonsense sorta guy. Did a pretty good job of managing the trial, I guess. I mean, it was ten years ago and I only knew him for the trial."

Patrissa looks surprised at being singled out. "Me? Well, the crime happened in the criminal's apartment, in the attic of the courthouse. The murder weapon was his axe and the door was locked. All he could do was claim he was out, and there weren't any witnesses to confirm it, so...well, pretty easy decision."
  • "Patrissa anything else notable about the trial that you remember?"
  • edited 2011-07-30 20:08:37
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    "Um...well, I mean, it was a pretty awful crime..." She thinks for a moment. "No, not especially."
  • "All these questions about what happened in the past, and not a single question about what force could possibly be behind current events" said Deeri outloud as she continued to observe the events playing out.
  • edited 2011-07-30 20:30:31
    Tech support
     "Thank you for you help Patrissa." Engeling replied to Patrissa. "I have a few ideas about the current events, I'm just trying to figure out if any have any basis in the events of the past." Engeling shot back. "Here is a short list. The ax is possessed and whatever was in it took over the executioner and it killed his family, The executioner or someone related to him brought us here to get revenge for his death, and/or He was not well liked and the city framed him and someone else killed his family. "
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Killian finishes his search of the last areas he did not check. "Now that we have our hypotheses, how about we get out of this room? Hell, I'll lead the way, if that's what it takes." True to his words, Killian goes to the western doors.
  • edited 2011-07-30 22:44:37
    Malgrim removes his spiked chain from his belt and walks over to the door. "Let's be ready. We don't know what's on the other side. I can handle myself, but no sense in being stupid."
  • edited 2011-07-31 14:28:06
    Killian pulls at the right door's handle to try to open it, holding a dagger in his other hand.
  • Engeling readies his sword.
  • edited 2011-07-31 16:26:18
    The door opens into a hall. Eight marble pillars fill the great hall, holding aloft grand balconies. Years of dust cover the floor, and muslin coverings are draped over the railings of baroque staircases curling like lazy serpents up to the raised landings above. A rusted chandelier above the staircases sheds the dim light of a few guttering candles. An impressive grandfather clock more than ten feet tall rests against the center of the western wall, its face decorated with guilty souls suffering the torments of hell: evisceration, force-feasting of coals, scalding blades tearing them apart, and other less savory punishments. The clock stands between a set of impressive oak doors and a lone oak door of equitable splendor, identical to the set on the side you came from. The largest set of doors is at the south end of this hall. They're barred against the night.

The room appears deserted.

(Less prosaic summary of exits: on the East wall, the side you came from, there's the set of double doors you came from, and one just to the north that looks like it goes back to the judge's chambers. North of that is a secure-looking iron door. Next to it is another small wooden door, by far the least ornate in the room. On the north wall are two spiral staircases. On the south wall are sturdy oak doors, which are barred. On the West wall are what look like another set of courtroom doors and another judge's chamber door, and north of those is a single wooden door.)

Malgrim peeks through the door, chain at the ready. "Well, deserted's fine too."
  • "Alright the large oak doors are probably the exit, if anyone wants to try to open them go ahead and try, but they're probably locked. " Engeling spouts as he heads to the least ornate door avoiding going under the chandelier.
    As soon as Engeling steps through the threshold, the clock seems to go berserk, tolling and clanging dissonantly, assaulting your sanity. As it tolls, your minds are violated by visions of strangulation, death and murder by axe.

(Everyone make a sanity check will save.)
    (Killian gets a 16.)
  • (Engeling gets a 14)
  • edited 2011-07-31 21:10:34
    Belief
    (Deeri gets a 11)
    (Macbeth gets a 16)
    (Got a 9 for Dynamod's character. People who made the save: Killian, Engeling, Macbeth)

(Deeri takes 1 wisdom damage; Alandur takes 4, Sareth takes 1)

As the echoes of the clock's cacophany fade, all of the jurors react differently. 

Halgrak stumbles into a corner near the front doors and vomits.

Ebin seems shaken, but tries to laugh it off. "What, is scaring us the best he can do?"

Patrissa quickly covers her ears, closes her eyes and retreats to the courtroom. When the clock stops chiming, she takes a deep breath to calm herself.

Malgrim and Sir Cole seem startled, but otherwise unaffected.

Madge screams.

Tablark jumps a bit, but shakes it off. "You don't fear, lads. Old Tablark's seen more ghosts than these walls 'ave rats. Nothing to quake about. We'll send this foul spirit a'packin' or me clan name ain't Hammergrind!"
  • edited 2011-08-01 21:34:16
    Killian tenses for a moment, but manages to move his mind from the not-quite-overbearing sounds and images in his head.

"Hm. More mind games, I see. Well, Halgrak, once you're done heaving, are ya still up for exploration? I can understand if some would rather stay put, all things considered." Killian doesn't let that stop him and continues to Engeling, who had decided to go to the least ornate door.
  • edited 2011-08-01 21:43:10
    Halgrak returns to an upright stance. "'m fine."

The least ornate door opens into a small lavatory. It hasn't been used in years, but the stench is foul.

• "Oh fuck my luck with a rusty sword" Engeling got out through him almost vomiting from the smell of the bathroom. "What the clock did was bad but that bathroom was worse."
    Ebin laughs. "Hey, Halgrak! Found the room you were looking for!"

Halgrak glares at Ebin.
    Killian plugs his nose and says, "So, uh, want to move on to the door to the left, or do you want to search for clues here?"