If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

INUH's D&D game

Comments

• "I'm thinking we should check out the doors across from the courtroom we woke up in and see what is in there."
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "Then I'll spare you the trouble this time and start the search." Killian moves to the door directly to his left.
  • edited 2011-08-02 23:21:23
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    (So that's the Northwestern door, right?)
    (Yah).
  • edited 2011-08-02 23:26:12
    The room contains one long oval-shaped wooden table and twelve rickety, worn chairs. Razor-thin shafts of moonlight peek through one large window covered with rotting boards.

Ebin looks into the room. "Oh, yeah, the deliberation room. Good times. Doesn't look like there's much in there...let's move on."
  • "How was the deliberation, was it fast,was there anyone who held it up, anyone with noticeable doubts?" Engeling asked.
  • edited 2011-08-02 23:30:50
    Sir Cole takes over. "We first went over all the evidence again in detail. Then we did a show of hands for who thought he was guilty. It was unanimous. Then we asked if anyone could think of anything that threw doubt onto the verdict. Nobody could. It was a very straightforward trial."
    "Of course it was. Well, yes, it does look fairly empty. But I'll step inside to see if any more spooky projections are present. And then maybe search the room, if only out of compulsion. You never know." Killain steps into the room.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    As Killian crosses the threshold into the room, an astounding amount of nothing happens.

"Heh, that was anticlimactic," says Ebin.
    "Psh. That's no fun. Haha." Killian then searches the room.

(With a measly 8 on his check).
  • "I'm burning this place down once we are out of here. This place is pissing me off."
    (Fortunately for him, the thing to find here was obvious enough that it didn't require an actual check, but just an attempt)

Engraved on the underside of the table is the following message:

Who's funny now, Mord?
    --E.B.
  • edited 2011-08-02 23:43:27
    Tech support
    "Did you find anything Killian?"
  • edited 2011-08-02 23:44:21
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "Yes." Killian stares at the initials and thinks back to the names of the jurors. Of course, it kinda makes sense, even without the initials to help.

"Well, then. E~~~~~~~~~~BIIIIIIIIIN! Care to explain this little engraving I found?!"
    Ebin stops laughing at everything for the first time all night.

"Um. Well...kind of a long story...but..."
  • "Tell the story now!"
  • edited 2011-08-02 23:46:47
    "Out with it." Killian leans against the oval table and cuts softly back and forth into it with a dagger, cold eyes on Ebin. "I've had enough of your fooling around for one day, and I'd appreciate it if you could actually be helpful."
  • edited 2011-08-02 23:49:31
    "Look, let me make one thing clear. Mord was guilty. The prosecution proved it, and the defense couldn't say a thing about it. That's all that matters."

(Diplomacy check. I'm cutting the DC big time for having compelling evidence to hang over him, though.)
    (Shit. Charisma dump for the looooooooossssss)

(-rolls- 14).

"Well, yes, I got that, Ebin. But I'd like for you to make this clear as well, if you don't mind. I doubt we'll be getting out until this is solved."
  • edited 2011-08-02 23:53:09
    Tech support
    "I don't care if he was guilty, Ebin, tell the story now or something bad will happen to you."
    (Rolls 16)
    (It's okay. If Ebin the bard can use Charisma as a dump stat, you can too ;P)

Ebin sighs.

"Fine. I met him once at the District Councilman's birthday feast. I was having an off day and he beat me in a contest of jokes. The Councilman said that 'death itself is funnier than Blithoddle.'"

"So yeah, I didn't exactly like the guy, but you know what? That's not why I voted guilty. I voted guilty because the prosecution proved it and a defense attorney and eleven other people couldn't find any holes in it."
  • edited 2011-08-02 23:57:51
    "Aw, that's adorable," says Killian. "You think you're funny. But thanks for that answer. That is rather telling, and if the evidence was that compelling, I can't fault you on your verdict, can I?" Killian steps out of the room and thinks about which door to enter next.
    Ebin glares after Killian.

Once Killian leaves the room, Sir Cole approaches him. "While I'm disgusted by the little clown's actions, and I'll be sure to get him arrested for jury tampering after this, I stand by my vote. Mord was guilty."
    "I don't doubt it outright; at least not yet," Killian says. "Well, I suppose the search shall continue now that we have this settled."

Killian goes to the door that's on his immediate right as he exits.
  • edited 2011-08-03 00:05:35
    Malgrim stands next to the door as you open it, chain at the ready.

The lavish room of cold marble beyond the door is festooned with a large but mangy polar bear-skin rug and an ornate desk of darkwood carved with an odd motif of cherubs grappling with vipers. Behind the desk in a high-backed leather chair rests a skeleton in judge's regalia, a long white beard still draped down the front of his robes. A rusted iron spiked chain still dangles from around the neck of the skeleton. Near the desk lays the dessicated skeleton of a large dog, a few of its ribs broken and its skull cracked.
  • "Does anyone remember if a judge somehow got sealed in the court, when it was closed down."
    Malgrim stares into the room. "No, I wouldn't think that was part of the plan."
    (Time to Search check this room, too. Can't have D&D without searching the everloving hell out of things, can we?)

(26, FUCK YEAH!)
    (I'll let that search check count since it was an awesome one, but first...)

As Killian approaches the desk, the skeleton of the dog stands up and pounces at him.

(12 vs flat-footed AC.)
    (13)