If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Joss Whedon

Comments

• "Do you think I should send her something, like flowers?"

WHY IS WHEDON SHIPPING CORDY ANGEL?

EWWWWW.
  • You can change. You can.
    Because Cordy/Angel OTP.

Deal with it.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    The Angel comic gets really good around issue 25 when Willinghelm takes over though I'd certainly forgive people for not sticking it out that long.

I'm still looking forward to the Angel & Faith comic.
    @AHR: Nah, I'm just messing around, as it gets kinda complicated.

anyway, are you on the third season?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Does Whedon write and direct everything by himself or are there other writers?
  • edited 2011-07-29 13:46:18
    You can change. You can.
    Team of writers. they're called mutant enemy. He has David Greenwalt, Tim Minear and Jane Espenson, in between many others.

Also, he lets other people guest-write and direct sometimes. Like Ben Edlund, the creator of the Tick.
  • Bahahah. Vampire Life Coach and Gay!Harmony.

I love this show.
  • edited 2011-07-29 13:56:35
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    The other writers being Síman, Simman, Daman y Yesman?
    Nah, just the other Whedon bros.

At least, these days. 

I'd complain about Jed writing if it wasn't because he started writing way before Joss did.
  • Fred!

She has been mentioned!

The final cast member in the Angel picture!

Also, I usually can't tell the difference between any of the writers, although I do sometimes suspect the male-heavy fanservice episodes are written by people who like men.
  • edited 2011-07-29 15:30:24
    You can change. You can.
    Tim Minear writes the dark ending plot twists that don't involve killing (Such as X character being a demon and the like) and makes an emphasis on one liners, whereas Joss goes for conversations and murdering the ever living shit out of people.

Greenwalt goes for noir like settings and plots, as well as emphasizing on Angel's plight as a vampire who is the champion of the helpless and therefore be a monster who is normally hated on sight by those on the know. 

and Espenson writes the male fan service. And Fred and Gunn's backstory. :p

Or at least, that's what I deduce via credits. >_>

• Eeeeenteresting. 
  • Isn't Fred supposed to be a Mary Sue?
  • I dunno, haven't seen her yet.
    ^^Mary Sue is a loaded and overused term these days.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Mary Sue is one of those terms that has completely lost all meaning for me.
  • Can we please not have the definition wank derail?

I am interested in Myrmy's question, and I'd like to actually hear the answer for myself.
    Nope. At least, she isn't to me. I read the entry over at TvT, and while it may seem like so, it kinda makes sense, taking into account the perssonality of the people who get involved romantically with her. I'd explain further, but 

AGH! RIVER SONG! KILL IT! KILL IT!

Also, for some reason, the trailer seems to be hinting at my suspected WMG, but whatever.
    River is cool when Moffat doesn't go all "DOCTOR/RIVER MOTHERFUCKING OTP" mode.
  • Now, now, that is an entirely different debate about a controversial character on a show that is beloved by nerds
    Except that Fred isn't that controversial. Except for shippers.

But who cares about those.
  • edited 2011-07-29 15:56:38
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    There's one scene in the second episode of this season where the doctor is all 'she uses guns. I hate guns. I should hate her, but I don't'

And I said 'did that really happen?'

Also, Fred is mai waifu.
  • Okay, sorry, I'll have to find a different controversial character in a show beloved by nerds.

Wait, got one.

There's one scene in the second episode of this season where the doctor is all 'she uses guns. I hate guns. I should hate her, but I don't'
    And I said 'did that really happen?'

He said, technically, that he should disapprove, but he doesn't. I'd said that it was the circumstances rather than an active liking of her using guns, but that's just me.

Shut up, man, Fred is totes mine. Eh, cordelia is better, anyway.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ EMLO IS MAREE SU
  • Cordelia is ruler of the green people place.

Omigod how did that happen.
    tis a funny story.

and that's my favorite arc. It's just so fun. Although it feels kinda bad after the awesomeness that is the Dark Avengel arc.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-07-29 16:25:50
    "Your brother Numfar, did the dance of joy for three moons! Numfar! Do the dance of joy!"

Kom Shuck = Cum shot?