If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

General writing discussion.

Comments

• Yeah, going to college in 18 days. I can only hope I can make some sort of connection there.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

May I ask which college you are going to?

Hm, it's possile you will make some connections there.
  • I wish to write something, and am willing to trust what I write to the vagaries of the Internet. Yes, I realise I might live to regret this.

In short, prompt me, bitches.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ A 1000 word erotic short story starring the genderbent IJBM mods.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Tell me more about this Movie Magic Screen Writer, Edge.
  • ^^ Give me the genders so I know what to bend, and we shall do this thing.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ Me, INUH, glennmagusharvey, Longfellow, and Unknown_Entity (as far as I know; he's Unknown, after all) are male; Cygan and funnyguts are female.
  • You can change. You can.
    Funnyguts: MtF transgender
    Cygan: Same
    INUH: Male
    Everest: Male
    Longfellow:Male
    GMH: Male
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    A minimum 1000 word story concerning Princess Peach having incestual sex with Toad. Samus Aran being violated by the Metroid.

@Schitzo

Movie Magic Screenwriter is a wonderous word processing program specifically format for script writing. As anyone who has taken a step in that writing style knows, format is very important for the various styles of script writing. Screenwriting, in particular, is all about specific headings and spacing. Movie Magic Screenwriter makes writing scene headings easy as well as character names and dialogue. It will remember scene headings and character names to streamline the process. Screenwriter has it's own file format but can save in rich-text as well. However, it is a pricy program, as most industry programs are. I got mine copy a few years ago and purchased it from a student discount website when I was attending university.

• Must write. Too lazy. Must clean room and stuff first. But want to write. But too lazy.
    lol will torrent. kthnxbai
  • edited 2011-08-10 03:33:44
    They're somethin' else.
    A piece of writing I just wrote:

And as soon as Elie and Donovan enter Dr. Peltzer’s office, they spot Sylvia, lounging on the former principal’s chair with a slight twirl, messing around with their iPod all the while. Its still attached to the PA system. On the next turn, Sylvia grimaces at the sight of them both.

DONOVAN: Sylvia?! What the hell?!

SYLVIA: I fucking knew it.

ELIE: You! (Elie draws his shotgun and walks over to meet Sylvia at point blank range) Drop my iPod and say your prayers!

SYLVIA: This better be good, boy. What’s your excuse?

Elie’s shotgun goes off, but due to Donovan’s intervention only manages to blast the chair, sending it for a spin or ten, and Sylvia with it. Sylvia gets out of her wince, skids her chair to a stop, and makes herself comfortable again as she watches Donovan wrestle Elie’s shotgun against his throat.

ELIE: Fuckface…

DONOVAN: Sylvia, go home. You’re not on our shitlist.

ELIE: Fuck you, Donovan, she’s in mine!

Sylvia sighs and sits forward.

SYLVIA: What the hell happened to you, Donnie? You used to be cool. You used to keep your bullshit to yourself. And now? You’re as dead to me as all those brats you just slaughtered.

Donovan unhands Elie, taking his shotgun as well.

DONOVAN: You told me once that karma’s a wimp’s excuse to keep from getting even.

SYLVIA: What are you saying, Donnie? That the two of you started this by misinterpreting a twelve year old’s cloud talk from, what, 3 years past? Do you really think I meant what I said, then?

DONOVAN: You could have reported us at any time. Why didn’t you?

Sylvia places her forehead on both her hands and lightly claws it, as if to fight off the urge to yank her own hair off.

SYLVIA: You had to have been bluffing, Donnie. It sounded like just another revenge fantasy. Everyone gets those. Me especially. (Sylvia leans back on her seat) Or maybe I’m just in denial. These lives are as much in my conscience as they are in yours.

ELIE: I’ll tell you why you didn’t do it, Sylvia. You were looking forward to this.
    SYLVIA: Uh… huh…

ELIE: You were sick of it all too. All the liars. All the bores. And these self proclaimed god given asshats, sleazy lot that they are. You wanted them all dead. Everyone does. And maybe, just maybe, you were afraid that you too were becoming one of them. Maybe, deep down inside, you felt you deserve nothing better than leaden redemption. And that’s why you’re here. Waiting patiently. Like a deer for a semi.

SYLVIA: How cute. I bet that took you all morning to memorize, too.

ELIE: Fuck you. Don’t act like you wouldn’t kill anyone in a fit too. What if you had a gun? What would you do?

SYLVIA: Like I’d own a gun in the first place.

ELIE: But shit. What if you were in our situation? What if you reached your limit?
    SYLVIA: What if, what if, what if. What if I was gangraped by a bunch of lovecraftian tentacle ubermench.

DONOVAN: Well, I wouldn’t put it so metaphorically, but yeah.

Sylvia spins on the chair again and directs her attention back to the iPod.

SYLVIA: You’re both full of it.
  • edited 2011-09-08 18:38:08
    They're somethin' else.
    (cont. from previous post)

Elie is trembling with rage. Donovan tugs at Elie’s shoulder.

DONOVAN: Elie, let’s just go.

ELIE: Not until that cunt is dead.

DONOVAN: Very funny. Let’s—

ELIE: For fuck’s sake, Donovan, as long as your girlfriend’s got our fucking iPod, she is ruining this moment for us. She is wasting our killing time, and I sure as fuck am gonna gut her for it!

SYLVIA: WAH WAH WAH WAH Shut the fuck up! God, you’re annoying!

Both Elie and Donovan glare at Sylvia. Sylvia straightens up and clears her throat.

SYLVIA: I don’t know what you’re getting so worked up over, Elie. With all the ruckus you two have caused, someone must’ve called the cops by now. If you two don’t want to spend the rest of your young lives shitting blood, I suggest turning those guns on yourselves now. This ipod’s useless to jailbirds and dead men anyway, so don’t get so attached.

Elie says nothing, but unholster’s Donovan’s revolver, firing it into Sylvia’s right arm. Sylvia’s scream echoes through the halls.

DONOVAN: Elie!!

ELIE: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

Elie approaches Sylvia, slowly and menacingly. Sylvia clutches at her shoulder, and glares at Elie. Her eyes are bloodshot and filled with enraged tears.

ELIE: That was quite the scream, Sylvia. There’s something about it. It’s the kind of scream that seems to say “Fear of God.” “Insanity from the pain.”

Elie presses the gun against Sylvia’s head.

ELIE: “Awe of the gun”.

Sylvia reaches out and flips him off, sticking the finger in his nostril in the process. Elie brushes it off and cocks back the hammer.

ELIE: I’ll look for you in Hell, you cu—

The report of a gun is heard, followed by bloodsplatter. When Sylvia opens her eyes, he sees the now headless Elie collapse, revealing Donovan behind him with a smoking shotgun. Smiling at Sylvia, Donovan turns the gun on himself, aiming for his chin.

Sylvia falls off the chair and onto the bloodpool. She staggers back up, picks up the iPod and hobbles over to the exit. Before she gets the chance to put her headphones on, the report of the shotgun sounds out, followed by a splatter and thud. Sylvia curls on the floor at vomits at the sound of it. Five steps later and Sylvia blacks out.
  • edited 2011-08-17 23:14:39
    Has friends besides tanks now
    IJBM: I'm working on the outline for a new story, but since it's basically just an extra-violent teen drama, it's going to take some damn good writing to make this worthwhile. And I probably can't provide that as is, if ever.
    Sounds like what I'm doing, actually XD
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm having trouble outlining my story as well.

I know exactly how it starts, how it ends and how much time needs to pass in between, but it's the "in between" stuff that's tricky.
    ^ That feel. I know it, bro.

Isn't anyone gonna critique what I wrote?
  • $80+ per session
    Trying to think how classy I can make a gore-filled plot.
  • No rainbow star
    Issues with writing a character (for an rp, but I will be making a webcomic based on the rps, so it helps me get a feel for the characters)

Basically, she's a small anthropomorphic mouse. Due to how humans didn't want interbreeding, mice anthros were ignored because it would be improbable for a mouse anthro and a human to have children. So during the chaos way back when they were able to make a tidy living and now most mice are very wealthy

This mouse is wealthy herself (exaggerated in the rp as a billionaire, but for the web comic she would own a respectable business). Thing is, she has an obsession with cookies and has been quite violent with trying to get them. She also has foul mood swings, going from happy and willing to share to paranoid and thinking everyone wants her stash

I'm willining to do trimming here and there (I want to find out what disorder(s) she should have), but can't until I know what mental issues she is most likely to have with that combination of traits

So any help?
  • $80+ per session
    @Schitzo: I like the dialogue. It's funny and rather quotable.
    ^^^ She's not gonna get feral and ugly when she's hungry, is she? Though it would be cool, I don't know if you want the thing hulking out.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ No. It isn't hunger that sets her off. It's cookies. She'll steal them, beat someone up for them (despite her size. Men are easier for her to beat up for what she wants because of obvious reasons), etc.

Not entirely sure what you mean by hulk out
    I was thinking of the final battle in The Great Mouse Detective.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ No, no hulking out
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    So, I feel like my portion of the Tandem Story a while ago, while solid on a technical level, wasn't very interesting prose-wise. Can anyone tell me if they thought I should have done more to affect the story (I didn't want to change it too much) or if my writing was too beige?