If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Virulent Hatred Thread

Comments

• -hugs Funnyguts-

Please feel better. :(
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Aww.

/me hugs Funnyguts
  • -hugs Funny as well-  I'm glad you're feeling better, at least.
  • Look, I used to a be a huge idiot, I know this. I probably still am, but
    not to as large of a degree. I know I did pointless, stupid stuff that
    was just pointless and embarrassing later on. It's not even at the level
    that I actually regret doing it, but it lets me look back and think,
    "oh, how silly and naive I was/am". The fact is, of the few people I
    hang out with who were even their for it, you are the only person who
    insists on still bringing it up. This was years ago. I am a (mostly)
    completely different person from who I was then. It isn't cute, it isn't
    funny. The only reason you are bringing this shit up is to make me look
    stupid in the eyes of others. I've told you, in no uncertain terms to
    stop that shit. "Oh, I forgot". Bullshit. You're just a vindictive
    asshole who hates to see me enjoying my (mostly) fresh start.

>mfw when this post is almost exactly what I told him in person

ventin
  • Some people will use anything they can to make themselves feel superior to you.  Just bursh it off.  Or if he doesn't let up, nitpick at every single thing he's ever done.
  • I know people like that too. Mostly my ex-boyfriend and ex-friends in general. and my older brother's friends.
  • For me, it's my younger brother.  Every time he ever wants me to do something for him or wants to shrug off something he did, he brings up our abusive stepfather, because the entire situation was apparently my fault and mine alone.
  • Alright, so I know that doubleposting is bad, but I just saw the Wstboro Baptist Church on my local news.  I may currently be existing in the same state as Shirley Phelps Roper.  I feel... violated.
  • I forgot about those guys. Wonder what would happen if PETA and WBC became mortal enemies...
  • I had forgotten about them for a while too, but people like that aren't content not being given constant attention.  My local news station did the typical shtick that they get whenever they go somewhere, complete with the "What do YOU think viewer?  Is this okay?" poll. 

That would be the question of the day, I suppose.  If I knew more about PETA, I'd probably write a fanfic to satisfy people's curiosity. 
  • Well the WBC is so small it's really hard to care about them. If they get big enough to protest any native ceremonies here in Montana, then I'll worry.
  • SARCASM DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY SHIRLEY.  That "over 9000 sins" bit was the only thing that prevented the video from being a holocaust against humor.  Also, is it just me, or is Roper starting to come off as kind of a sadomasochist during this interview? 

• America's inability to quickly change or become savvy fucking annoys me. How many years have we had problems with the economy now? How many times have we bailed out companies? It's a great country, but the people deciding what to do with the big money are fucking up too much, more than I am comfortable with. A subsidiary of the company I worked for just got dropped into bankruptcy, funnily enough.
  • Macroeconomics are not easy. Economic theory is not entirely reliable as it is: you cannot consistently predict agents' behaviour, you can't earn the public's trust easily (today's economy has a lot of Clap Your Hands If You Believe going) and many times things just don't go as you plan them.
    When working on a macro level, it's even worse: Your decisions don't just affect yourself and/or your own company, but rather the lives of millions of people, your actions are restricted by the trappings of politics: you don't get to power without making deals with several groups, and each of them have interests, which many times conflict with your own, also, your planning is undermined by the fact that you don't know if you (or someone who shares your vision) get reelected again in four years, and even if that happens, you might lose the majority in the congress.
    Finally, hindsight is 20/20, rationality is bounded by lack of complete information, knowledge and time, so many times what was the best decision based on the factors at the time may not lead to the best results in the future, that has nothing to do with the quality of the decision.

In short, Armchair Quarterbacking is fun, I'll admit, but the fact is that reality is not quite as simple as Sim City.
  • Then again, when I played Sim City, I usually just called in a natural disaster and watched the town react.
  • Indeed. It's nothing that good old cousin Vinnie can't cover up with money, after all.
  • I used to play Sim City all of the time until I lost the CD-ROM for it. It was a fun game, it's just the DRM protection on it made in nearly impossible to play anywhere. Don't have the key? No game for you. And you can't even request a new one from EA without buying a new game.
  • Puppies are fucking stupid. So are kittens. Although they ARE smarter than newborn babies and are less helpless and boring than they are. Can't wait for the day where babies can be born with the ability to learn how to survive and function by age 1.
  • I am in a blue mood today.

Kind of feel bad.

I don't like Terabyte limits.
  • Damn Humanities students. Lounging around all semester with only a few essays per course and being able to bullshit your way towards a Ph.D.
  • DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • Making pasta and while draining it the whole thing went into the sink and had to be thrown away- FUCK, it was expensive pasta too, FUCK I am pissed. And still hungry. And I burned my hands trying desperately to rescue it. I can't believe I did that. I was so close to serving, but I was like... No... I'll just drain it just a little more... FUCK, lost it, just like that.
  • I'm really sorry for you, though I can't help but find it a bit funny.  Heh, slapstick.
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHH
  • -patpats Trash Vortex-  Um, please don't kill me.
  • I wanted to prove I could cook ;_;
  • Well, you were pretty much there.  I've always hated straining crap too, since I used to make the same mistake a lot when I was learning to cook.  Don't worry, you'll grow out of it!
  • The GOP.

I hate 'em. Bunch of crazy, corrupt scumback loonies.
  • A lot of people here seem to hate them...