If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Virulent Hatred Thread

Comments

• Well then. No wonder...
  • I virulently hate attention whores who rant on and on about how much they hate everyone else who isn't them, because these other people are pathetic fuckers with nobody to love them. Kid, if your life is so damn exciting, you wouldn't be on a website 24/7 salivating after every bit of attention thrown your way, acting like such attention is God's own jizz.
  • edited 2011-02-25 18:23:37

inb4 Eric Arthur Blair

But ignoring this epiphany:

If one is to judge a villain by how much hatred and revulsion he inspires, John Galt is the greatest villain of all time. He's your stereotypical Well Intentioned Extremist, yet we are expected to root for that asshole. For all his individuality bullshit, his cult displays barely any of it as John Galt is "objectively" right. How I despise the way Ayn Rand ruined the word "reason".

And his speech. Dear Kefka, his speech. Good thing RationalWiki exists to skewer passages in it, really. Hearing him blather on about how Existence Exists and A is A like everyone else is too stupid to get it is so painful to read. If it's a satire, it's a fucking failure of a satire.

^Well this is strangely appropriate a followup post.

• Never could stand those kind of people either. There were millions of them everywhere on Live journal and Gaia (but knowing those sites were magnets for them anyway there was no real reason to complain) so I just ignored them, but they insisted that they were the most important people in the fucking universe, it was unbearable. There is absolutely no way to knock them down a notch or anything, even reading anything they say have confirmed to you that they have already won, and it's impossible to get them to stop. I figured out the best way to get them to stop is to just ignore them and move along. Nothing good will come from devoting moments of your life to try and "show those fuckers" or troll them, because as long as at least one person acknowledges their existence in some way, they will be happy, while you will not be happy having to be exposed to how horrible and stupid somebody can become, and how futile it ends up to be in the end trying to get them to shut up and show them how stupid they are.
  • Never could stand those kind of people either. There were millions of
    them everywhere on Live journal and Gaia (but knowing those sites were
    magnets for them anyway there was no real reason to complain) so I just
    ignored them, but they insisted that they were the most important people
    in the fucking universe, it was unbearable. There is absolutely no way
    to knock them down a notch or anything, even reading anything they say
    have confirmed to you that they have already won, and it's impossible to
    get them to stop. I figured out the best way to get them to stop is to
    just ignore them and move along. Nothing good will come from devoting
    moments of your life to try and "show those fuckers" or troll them,
    because as long as at least one person acknowledges their existence in
    some way, they will be happy, while you will not be happy having to be
    exposed to how horrible and stupid somebody can become, and how futile
    it ends up to be in the end trying to get them to shut up and show them
    how stupid they are.

Oh, excellent, now we know how to deal with you. Thanks.
  • You are welcome. I doubt it will help or stop anyone, but it will help them deal with others besides me as well. Sadly nobody ever goes along with it and persists on trying to "slay the attention whore" which never works internet-wise.
  • I cannot understand why people give out sympathy to attention whores. Are they the same people who willingly give money to panhandlers so they can blow it gambling?
  • edited 2011-02-25 18:38:27
    Not all panhandlers spend it on gambling, but since there is no way to tell the difference, it's sort of like a vague type of gambling, based on "Will my money help this person? Or will the money be wasted?"

• The same idea applies to sympathy. When people persistently ask for it, there's something wrong with them. That's why I refrain from giving it out unless they have "proven" themselves deserving of it by actually making an effort to get out of their less than ideal condition.
  • Sympathy is a lot less concrete than money. I give em food, personally, that way I know they don't waste it on weed and beer.
  • edited 2011-02-25 18:44:17
    I give it out regardless of person, because most of the time it's a renewable resource, and the fact it doesn't hurt anyone but them and feed their addiction. After awhile, they become dependent on you and will want more sympathy, and then you can ask for things in return for doing so, emotional-wise, or more material-based things if you wish to go that path. It just depends on how far down they are in the "sympathy nether", to the point where they will desire pity and not shun it.

Or you could just do it because you are a nice person.
  • edited 2011-02-25 18:45:29
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^What if they then ferment the food, turning it into alcohol?
  • Be kind to the unkind. They are the ones who need it the most.
  • Tnoph, for someone who complains that people some people on tvtropes write off your opinions and everything you say, you seem rather quick to judge people as completely worthless human beings.
  • I think that's a logical fallacy. I don't know which one.
  • edited 2011-02-25 19:36:42
    ^^ snowbull I don't think that way anymore, nor do I worry about that anymore.

I decided to downgrade.

I have come to terms with what kind of person I am, so I should no longer worry what people think of me. Negatively anyway.
  • The point isn't to accept in your heart of hearts that you will always be judged by others, but to stop being judgmental yourself to such a ridiculously extreme degree.
  • ...well I guess I should stop being a bitch to everything I guess...
  • ....wait, didn't you post that thing i was responding to like 2 days ago?

Well, whatever. All's well that ends well.
  • ...what?

I don't remember that.
  • I don't know what it is about this girl, but for some reason I want to beat the shit out of her. Ugh. At 2:11.

Also, random he-shes wanking about gender pronouns at Subway. "Hey guys, is it okay if I can get a bag of chips with my order too?" "I don't appreciate being referred to in that way. I am not a guy, I am a girl, I don't need to be treated that way, [insert shit I don't remember here]" All while shmer's boss was a few feet away shaking his head, and then asking shmer to meet him in the back.

I don't get it, I can understand if I was like "hey MAN, can I have some chips with my order" but not referring to a general group of employees that were working there. Bitches be tripping.

And also, Lottery Tickets. I heard that in most places, you buy them at 18, while at others, you buy them at 21. States are sooo wishing they could be special snowflakes by being inconsistent with their age limits.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    It's usually not because of special snowflake status; it's just because of various collections of individual stupid reasons that state legislatures enact various small laws.

Also, I use "dude" like "c'mon" or "man", as a general pacing factor in speech rather than to address people.  I happily say "dude" to girls because I'm not addressing them.
  • Dude brings to mind the Surfer Dude.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Duuuude.
  • edited 2011-02-26 15:17:47
    Never could stand those pathetic fuckers with nobody to love either. They are so damn "exciting" that the fuckers end up with nobody to get to them, because these other people aren't the most important people either. There were magnets for them, because as long as at least one person acknowledges their existence, the best way to love these other people is to listen to them everywhere. Absolutely no way to get the hate everywhere.
  • Ah, I see.

I don't like him either. He's a dick.
  • Funnyguts feels bad and that makes me sad because I care about her and there's nothing I can do to cheer her up.   :(
  • Why were you crying?
  • I am also concerned. I never see Funnyguts sad...