If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• No rainbow star

So I need to make some collages to paint for my painting class. I was allowed to make one of them digital

Behold!

• No rainbow star

Aww damn she wants mysterious according to the handout

...A giant greyscale frog being blasted by the Statue of Liberty's eye lasers is mysterious, right?

• Fog is your friend? Mysterious fog?

• No rainbow star

^ Good enough!

Because dammit if I have to buy and paint on a 30" by 48" canvas, then I want to paint THIS on it! Because this is awesome

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

AnCap

Your typical anarchocapitalist.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Is that lemonade?

Yeah it probably is.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

http://www.pressxordie.com/wp-content/uploads/Matrix-Fortress.jpg

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

• edited 2013-03-21 14:04:33

^ You're missing like 60% of the geographical territory there.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

But 'Imma chargin' Malaya' just doesn't have the same ring to it.

• edited 2013-03-21 15:01:39

Perhaps, but the Borneo states sometimes feel pitifully neglected. The date for them entering the federation (as in, the formation of Malaysia itself, basically) wasn't even a national holiday until relatively recently. I vaguely remember reading about how some people (althoug I do hope they're in the minority) couldn't even tell they were part of the same country. I guess they (or at least Sabah is) getting more attention now, though, thanks to the Sulu Sulatanate drama. /oddlyserious.

Brook Dynasty emblem(?)

I'm not sure what the animal on top is, but I'm assuming it's related to Borneo somehow. Also, "dum spiro spero" sounds kinda funny.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Seems like a badger, actually. Which is not an animal I'd associate with South East Asian fauna. Then again, neither would I associate Latin with the region, but there you go :p

Eh, for all practical (and also official/legal/institutional) purposes Malaysia is just a continuation of Malaya, though, isn't it? So to me it makes sense that the formation/independence of that would be a holiday over the joining of two additional states - but then I'm halfway around the world from that region, so what do I know, heh.

• edited 2013-03-21 15:24:36

Well, nowadays, both the Malaya Independence day (August 31) and Malaysia Day (September 16) are national holidays. I think the reaction to making Malaysia day a nationwide thing was "why did it take so long?". The formation of Malaysia was a big deal from what I can tell, although I'm not sure how much it "redefined" the country for anyone living in the peninsular.

Seems like a badger, actually. Which is not an animal I'd associate with South East Asian fauna. Then again, neither would I associate Latin with the region, but there you go :p

I guess that's the kinda thing that happens when a white dude establishes a literal monarchy on an island in Asia. (how many cases of that have happened, actually?)

Rajah Brooke

I've always thought he looked kinda sharp.

swag

• edited 2015-12-06 21:12:05
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-03-22 20:07:21

Well, Pegasopolis was an authoritarian military junta with a penchant for racism...a G-rated one, granted, but nonetheless.

(also lol where's her wings)

• Sorry I'm hitting so much, I just don't want to forget their links.

• ^ What's up with the last one? It looks just like some mundane gathering photographed with bad flash.

• Look at the background.

• edited 2013-03-23 01:48:42

The background also looks like "some mundane gathering photographed with bad flash".

bla

• The background also looks like with the last one? It looks just like some mundane gathering photographed with bad flash

I think the joke is meant to be that the people in the background (or foreground) have positioned themselves thinking the photographer is taking a picture of them and not the other group.

• Yep. Entire family Photobomb.

I discovered a true gem - a fake ad from a 1920 Serbian surrealist book. It has a very steampunk-ish feel.

vinaver

SPECIAL OFFER

Reporting to my respected customers that I have just received a shipment of new universes in various colors, spaces great and small and chaoses of prime quality, which I will sell both wholesale and retail with great discounts.

I do repairs of old worlds, install planetary lightning conductors and sonic cataclysms.

Have connections among evil sorcerers.

Cosmic Institute "Copelius"

Stanislav Vinaver

• edited 2013-03-23 13:52:41

^ Was this viral marketing for a novel?

edit: wait, by "surrealist book", do you mean it was in a novel? For some reason, I thought it was like, a fake ad in a newspaper.

Sultan Abu Bakar

It's not really a novel, it was actually supposed to be a parody of anthologies and literal criticism of the time, but ended up being a mishmash of everything you could imagine. And yes, this is actually included in the book.

• Oh. Well, if I ever hear of print ads saying "universes for sale, variety of colors available", I would assume it's some weird viral marketing... thing.

madoka

Not sure what to do with both of these together.