If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This very forum

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Like Morven.

The only time I was ever a mod, I only really needed to step in twice, when it was headed towards personal attack territory.

That said, that thread is toeing the line against violating the rules anyway. I'll be keeping my eye on it too.

/adorable pretend mod
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think I've only ever edited posts to change thread categories or rarerly to edit content.

Still, this small place has give nme some valuable experiences regarding moderating--issues have been coming up left and right, even if minor.  Such as, being an admin and thus effectively the policymaker around the forum in the absence of Longfellow, how do I deal with the excessive wonderposting and where do I draw lines between gossip and personal attacks.

In reply to this thread, though:
    1. MFDY: If your personality was supposed to be just plain bitchy, then I don't think that's a good thing.  Sure, IJBM is for complaining, but mindless bitching isn't fun--some of the best threads on IJBM have been debates.
    2. MFDY and Nyarly: Perhaps you could both try thinking about what could make this a better place.
    3. I totally agree that there ought to be less wonderposting.  Though I suspect that the novelty of wonderposting--which people were on a high on following the destruction of the first IJBM--will gradually subside.  In any case, with multiple people here calling for less mindless and more thoughtful posts, I hope that this will happen without my having to step in as a moderator.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.
    @DYRE: Actually, I'm Tsundere for you guys.

But not that you get ideas now. As I said, I have kind of an addition for IJBM. I didn't come back for you. Nope. Absolutely not.

...Well, maybe a little. But really only a little!
  • -huggles Nyarly-

It's okay if you don't want to post unless a good thread comes along.

I'll try my best to make good threads!
  • edited 2011-02-16 15:48:28
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Actually, recently I post more here...

Which really says something, considering that "recently" means "since yesterday". And then there was a break, when I naively thought that I could just leave...
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, I don't think I saw you much before you announced that you were leaving :P
  • Well, this place has gotten better thanks to this thread. We are actually discussing things.
    Go us!

-high-fives everyone-
  • It needs to suck less and be less hugboxy though.
  • edited 2011-02-16 16:45:34
    ^^ -HIGH FIVE!-  Oh yeah, we are so awesome!

^ My affectionate nature must really tick you off then...
  • No I just say that because it's the EDer's favorite buzzword.
  • Oh, good!  I was kind of afraid you hated me for a second there. 
  • I can if I wanted to.
  • ...But you don't want to?
  • It's fine, you can hate me if you want.  I won't get mad.
  • Sometime I'm gonna start a thread about actual hugboxes. Like the kind Temple Grandin invented, I mean.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I have no clue who that is.

Care to expound?
  • edited 2011-02-16 19:15:09
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Basically, there have been several people who, as kids, built themselves hugging machines because their lives were that sad.
    ... :<
  • edited 2011-02-16 19:21:12
    Well, it was designed to comfort autistic people, who tend not to like actual hugs because of sensory overload. Or something.

Never actually used one myself, but I do a lot of reading about autism.
    That's still pathetic and pitiable.
    ^^That's not what I was thinking of, then. Also sad.
  • I didn't think it was that sad. I know I would prefer being comforted by a padded machine to an actual hug.

*is on the spectrum*
    But I like hugging real peoples :/
  • I don't like real people. Especially when they touch me.  :\
    But I'm a real person :<

Don't you like me, CA?
  • edited 2011-02-16 19:37:57
    Of course I like you, CA, just as long as you don't touch me!

...Wow, that sounded awkward.
  • edited 2011-02-16 19:42:23
    I am generally okay with people touching me.  Unless they're being creepy.

Even then, I'll generally let them do it because I'm a doormat, though of course I can't really say I'd enjoy that.

But regular hugs and stuff are a-okay!  Though, as I've steadily been reducing the number of different people I hang out with (not intentionally, though I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing), I don't often get hugged as I no longer hang out with people that are prone to giving many hugs.
    Like me ಠ_ಠ