If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This very forum

edited 2011-02-15 17:01:43 in IJBM meta
Likes cheesecake unironically.
To quote myself in the random thoughts thread:

"And... I don't know. IJBM 2 just feels so... stupid, so utterly inane, as if it's just a pile of garbage on which somebody pissed against and threw on the street. True, the original IJBM was pretty inane already, but it's successor is much worse. It inherited the mindlessness but not the fun.

I think, I know now how the people, who dislike IJBM felt like, when it was still around."

Well, that's basically it. Spain Sun apparently was pissed that I voiced my displeasure. Of course, he was right about one thing: If I don't like it, I shouldn't visit it.

Of course, I've come to the conclusion myself. But I tried to give this forum a chance. But the fact that I rarely visited it and even more rarely made post, made it quite apparent that I pretty much gave up.

Well, this shall be my last post here. Maybe I'll visit IJBM occasionally and see if it is more fun than I thought, but I doubt it.

...Fuck, that sounded way more dramatic than I intended. Oh, well...

Comments

• Bye, I guess.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Goodbye, and if you're just going to bitch about us, please for the love of god don't come back.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Well, thanks for giving the place a shot. And thanks for leaving when you decided you didn't like it, rather than sticking around and  complaining about it like a lot of people would.

Bye.
  • I must admit I have some problems with the place too, which is why my posts here are a bit less frequent than they used to be.
  • Out of curiosity: Care to elaborate, AU?
    Ugh, can we not?

Don't get me wrong here, you have the right to find issue with the site. But one of the reasons I hated the first IJBM was the sheer amount of internal division. It's drifted into Yack Fest more recently.

As it is, I feel like we're one thing, which is GOOD. Not bad.
  • I'm not trying to start a fight or anything divisive, but I'm curious as to what some of the objections are. Partly because I don't want to annoy anyone if I can help it.
  • This site shouldn't be thought of as free from criticism.

I mean, fuck, criticism is what it should be about in the first place.

To be honest, it has been kind of shitty lately.
  • edited 2011-02-15 17:22:54
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^But if people have problems and aren't saying what they are, then we are divided, and we're just pretending not to be. That's worse.
    Ugh. Whatever.

No one can say I didn't try.
  • ^^ This too, it's always better to try and fix problems than pretending they don't exist.
  • edited 2011-02-15 17:24:46
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Saying "it sucks" and mutations thereof isn't identifying a problem.
  • edited 2011-02-15 17:27:47
    How would you know that was what Anonus would say?
    So far no one has identified any kind of fixable problem. They're just saying they don't like it 'lately'.

Which is all well and fine, but don't pretend that that's some form of criticism. Because without pointing out why, it's not, it's just a statement.
  • How about this:

Shitposts > posts with interesting content
    Yeah, I've been posting less lately. It might be because of what Gelzo just said, or it might just be because I've been busy.
    I'm going to assume you're saying your problem is that there are more shitposts than normal ones.

To which, I'd just encourage you (and everyone) to make more normal posts. The conversation here is better than the wonderposting. Except for the clock thing, that's golden.
    I'm for reduced shitposting too. Shitposts are like ninjas. Occasional shitposts can be awesome or hilarious. A forum of nothing but shitposts is just a pile of shit.
    I have to say. Reduced, sure, but Enforced Reduction of any kind is just going to cause a split like the one I mentioned.
    I wasn't going to suggest enforcing it. Sorry if I gave that impression.
    You did. But yeah, at this point, banning any kind of posting behaviour that isn't over-the-top harmful is going to sink us.
  • edited 2011-02-15 17:47:19
    So far no one has identified any kind of fixable problem.

...Which is why I asked AU to elaborate, so we could identify any problems.
    I just kind of figured that people would just keep bitching without actually putting anything forward.

Pardon me for being so pessimistic. But that's all I ever see anymore. *eyeroll* It gets annoying after awhile so you try to nip it in the bud.

Time will tell if anything productive comes of this, though.
  • edited 2011-02-15 17:59:00
    I agree with Fireworks.
  • edited 2011-02-15 17:50:33
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    All you ever see...where? Here? I haven't noticed it much except in this thread and in a few back on TV Tropes.
    A lot of places.

I'll leave it at that.

Trash_Vortex: Of course you agree with me. I'm awesome.
  • Wait, so you're ok with being called "Spain" here, now?

(I know, I know, irrelevant...)
    Not really, but people will do it anyway. So I see no purpose in stopping them.

The original idea was to not ever have the two accounts connected in any way, but that fell through. Shockingly.
    If you don't mind my asking, why not?
    I tend to treat all of my online handles as different aspects of my personality.

SpainSun is supposed to be the sweet one, while MyFireworksDoesYours is supposed to be a complete bitch.

As a result of me not segregating the two properly, they've kind of mixed. Which isn't good. :/