If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How easily the mind can be swayed by sex drive.

Comments

• -thread hop (because I can already tell that this is a stupid thread), but I kind of agree with Edmond's first post (or at least the first sentence of it, since that's pretty much all that I read). If it's that hard to control your sex drive, you have a problem.
  • edited 2011-07-01 21:36:36
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    @ 'Alternative' Thread Title

• Well, that thread title threw me for a loop....
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I lol'd.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    He changed the thread title from "Uncontrollable Sexual Urges" to "I have the uncontrollable urge to give a 7-year old a handjob."  
  • Makes the first few posts immensely more hilarious, though.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    "Mod edit: You little bastard.  For retitling the thread "I have the uncontrollable urge to give a 7-year-old a handjob.", you would get a threadlock if I didn't edit it back."

o.o
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I was going to lock the thread because of the title, then I realized that changing the title fixed that issue.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-07-01 21:39:21
    Why must I always miss all of the funny title changes? :<

^^Harsh.
  • I have the uncontrollable urge to give a 7-year old a handjob.

I'm not sure why this is a bad thing.

LOL
  • edited 2011-07-01 21:56:44
    no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    Actually, I would say in America, sex is put on too high of a pedestal, in the sense that we don't talk about it commonly enough.

Uhhh, that's not being put on a pedestal. That's being shoved in a closet.
  • The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. I would actually say that's pretty accurate, only it's not put on a pedestal because we don't talk about it commonly enough, it's put on a pedestal and we don't talk about it commonly enough. As a result, people tend to think it's much more important than it actually is.
  • Why is changing the title to that so bad? GMH's reaction seems a little out of hand.
  • edited 2011-07-01 22:00:19
    ^^^ Then let's make America come out of the closet!

^ If it wasn't for 1 word, you'd think it was perfectly reasonable.
  • Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

-pleasedon'tbanme-
  • In 1981, they put up a series of posters in Paris depicting a young woman in a bikini, with a text box that said "On September 2, I'll take the top off". On September 2, a new poster appeared, in which she had her top off. This time, the text box said "On September 4, I'll take the bottom off." On September 4, the new poster had her with her bottom off (her back turned to the camera).

• ...So? What were the posters for?
  • edited 2011-07-01 22:32:00

I think it was an experiment with how well posters could be used for advertising, but that's not the point.

The point is, I'm always skeptical when people say that Americans are uptight about sex, because as the above anecdote shows, the opposite direction is just as stupid, if not more.

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Getting pumped up for the -20th anniversary of 9/11? 
  • IJBM: The belief that there's never a middle ground.
  • A middle ground exists somewhere.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Middle earth.
  • edited 2011-07-01 22:18:49
    The country is being put on a pedestal in the closet? Sex should only be a medium-sized thing? I'm only a half-bastard?
  • Yes, yes, and 200% yes.
  • Shhhh! We're not talking about sex now, that's too icky!

• >IJBM: The belief that there's never a middle ground. 

Heh, you think society is capable of that kind of wisdom and reason. That's so cute.

• BobBob
    edited 2011-07-01 22:25:58
    I never said it was. I'm just saying, believing a society shouldn't be uptight over sex doesn't equal thinking said society should utilize sex for everything.

Solution: Kill all humans.
  • edited 2011-07-01 22:28:40
    Belief
    How would one go about utilizing sex for everything O_o
  • Name a problem that can't be solved by whipping your dick out.