If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Apparently everyone hates Kino

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well, when the topic of YF being a hugbox comes up, or when DLC is mentioned.
  • That must get extrememly boring.
  • I remember someone bawwwwwwwwwwwing about her existence in the Scrye thread.
  • edited 2011-02-14 19:34:20
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Basically points out how Yack Fest's "hugboxing" is but
    a well-crafted delusion to shield some tropers from the harshness of
    real life. It's close to escapism in a way.

Note that I'm only repeating how I understood that post way way back a few months ago, so please don't flame me. D:

Which has been bullshit since the day it was first put forward. Again, you don't need to be an asshole to be "a realist". And if you're looking for real life anyway, why the hell are you online?

I think it's funny he still reads the forums only to find things to raeg at. Get over it man, seriously.

Anyone who thinks he's ever said anything worthwhile is giving him entirely too much credit. Anything meaningful he might've said was lost on anyone who actually needed to hear it. So it would've been worthless anyway. Not to mention, the odd point he had that was actually correct was stuff other people either said better before, or have said better since. Keep something in mind folks, your message is only good if people are willing to listen to it.
  • I never cared about Guitar Bizarre's posts, so he never pissed me off.

On the other hand, talking to Desertopa is a painful experience.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean
    Desertopa's smug but not particularly annoying to me. I don't like how he seems to think he's omnipotent, though.
  • Eh, Desertopia isn't that bad.

...Coming from someone who's seen around 3, maybe 5 of their total posts, at least.
    He used to post a lot more than he does now.
  • Kino once said marriage is about compromise, which is more realistic than other things I've heard people say about marriage.
    Marriage is a social institution which can fuck off.

Unrelatedly, having realisticish views on marriage doesn't negate the impression he's given me.
  • What do you know, you were banned for being a dick.

Somehow. In some way that is clear only to Fast Eddie.

Maybe he meant that your avatar looked like a dick.
    I'm still scratching my head over that one too, tbh.
  • GB got under my skin in a thread about audio, when he started going on about how you have to have expensive cables and all that just because. You know, stuff that's not only pretty well debunked but really only exists to keep Monster Cable in business. Arglebargle.

Scrye annoyed me too, but more because it seemed like he was being the shouty drunk guy looking for a fight most of the time. If he could have been more mellow, I would have liked him more.

I don't think I really dislike anyone else, though I'm still working on the whole "friends outside the forums" thing.
  • It's funny, I never knew GB enough to form an opinion of him, but he apparently hates me from one throwaway comment I made on IRC once.

And I find this amusing. I'm afraid of what that says about me. D:
    It says far more about him than you.
  • edited 2011-02-14 21:52:39
    "I don't like how he seems to think he's omnipotent, though."

That is what Eliezer Yudkowsky does to people, Spain.
    You have to know by now that I never know who you're talking about when you do that.
  • People constantly bring him up. The threads on his fanfics are humongous. Raw Power, Nornagest, and Desertopa link to him constantly.

I think Poni reads him too, but he doesn't link to him very much.
    Yeah.

Those people you reference have the same problem.

Never heard of him.
  • I want to know what kind of fanfic would get the attention of literary scholars.
  • I am ashamed to admit that I also have no idea who this guy is.

Nor Raw Power, which is odd considering I've seen a few of his posts before, I just can't remember anything exciting about him. :/
    "GB got under my skin in a thread about audio, when he started going on about how you have to have expensive cables and all that just because. You know, stuff that's not only pretty well debunked but really only exists to keep Monster Cable in business."

Doesn't he actually work at an audio/video equipment store?
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    My opinion of Kino is a bit negative. While he rarely says something bad (although I've never really saw anything good by him), the Scrye quote in his sig gets on my nerves.

Guitar Bizarre... I don't really know what I think of this guy. He didn't seem stupid, but he could say rather annoying things and his obsession with DLC was really idiotic. However, when a thread derailed into DLC-bashing, he personally told the others to stop, something that really surprised me.

His end in the fora, however, was really stupid. He accused Edmania of being an attention whore. Despite having much more of an attention whore (although I doubt that GB is one).
  • edited 2011-02-15 10:25:38
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^If he does, then he has no idea what he's doing. The expensive cables are literally no different from the cheap ones.
  • edited 2011-02-15 10:39:50
    Wasn't there a test done one time that showed that people couldn't hear a difference between a Monster cable and wire coathanger?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yep.
    [citation needed] before I throw these comments at him over in IRC
  • edited 2011-02-15 13:40:48
    I have a feeling that Guitar Bizarre and DLC used to be in love, kind of in the same way me and this one teenager who used to be obsessed with me was, and after I let him know I didn't want to do this anymore, he went apeshit berserk and suddenly grew a pair of balls, and vowed that "the internet will never be a safe place for me" and that "everyone will laugh at me forever".

So yeah, I suspect that Guitar Bizarre is heartbroken over DLC, which is why he hates her with such vitroil, because he still loves her. We need to get them on a private message together so they can resolve their broken ties and GB can finally mend his broken heart...hell, he'll deny it with hellish haminess, but if we know anything about guys like him, he'll never admit that he had feelings for her after spending so much time smearing her.

I kind of feel sad for Guitar Bizarre. He must be in despair after all of that stuff DLC put him through...I hope that he can feel better someday...
    ^ Uh...no.
  • Is it bad that I thought that was slightly hilarious?
This discussion has been closed.