If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Guys don't seem to like seeing girls wearing (real) swimsuits

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    She actually looks vaguely cute in that picture.  As in, somewhat aesthetically pleasing.

On the other hand, I will conveniently pretend that Konata is not in it.  Also, that those grades up top aren't there.
  • Konata is the best in a swimsuit out of all of them.

Factoring in personalities and whatnot though, Tsukasa is the cutest overall, even if only because she is similar to Yui from K-ON!
    ^ NO

Not even with my love for girls in one-pieces will I agree with you on that point.

Also, she's easily the most irritating character.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Tsukasa's my favorite too.
  • Konata = short + flat chest + wearing sukumizu from elementary school + wearing a floatie.

She's definitely the best there.

And Tsukasa is Tsuksasa.
    I meant overall, not in that picture. Konata's definitely the #1 there.
  • I know.  I actually meant to be saying that to GMH.
  • Your Mileage May Vary.

None of them are any good for me. They are too...uncharacterized.
  • edited 2011-02-11 01:36:09
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Ah. Okay then.

^True. I just find them sort of cute. I wouldn't really call myself a fan of the series.
  • edited 2011-02-11 01:40:54
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    They're definitely drawn to be visually adorable.

That said, Konata's personality is...not my favorite, and her hairstyle is just wut.

That said, they don't even look remotely realistic.  It's quite hard to find anything that stylized sexy.  (For me, at least.  Your mileage may vary.)
  • edited 2011-02-11 03:10:09
    http://bilder.anime-deutschland.info/_images/114c25f9a5b12efdcb2ce50180006593/2713 - hiiragi_kagami hiiragi_tsukasa izumi_konata lucky_star.jpg

This picture is awesome and I am very very glad it's on the DVD box for Lucky Star.

Not that this has anything to do with the current conversation, except that it's Lucky Star related and has Tsukasa in it.
  • edited 2011-02-11 03:19:47
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_B-qm4mGicLA/TNxf7fhL3HI/AAAAAAAAAzE/5GmP-0Q8FR8/s1600/GEDC0432.JPG

Sure is.  Well the Limited Edition box anyway.

Clearly, this is the real reason you'd pay for the Limited Edition instead of just buying the normal box set.
    It's also the edition that, if I had it, I'd keep well hidden from public view.

It's perhaps a good thing that I don't have it, then.
    Yeah, I feel like if someone saw that case without knowing about the series, they'd think it was an entirely different kind of show.
  • Contemptible Cover, anyone?
    That said, I'm not sure what I would do with Kiddy Grade's DVD box covers, since I intend to get a DVD set of Kiddy Grade.  Though they aren't as obnoxious, just the official art and eyecatches are.
  • edited 2011-02-11 12:07:49
    That Lucky Star box art that I linked to is just the back of the box though.  And you can pretty easily position it somewhere such that only the front is visible (which, incidentally, I do), unless you have a really strange setup for...wherever you keep your DVDs.
  • edited 2011-02-11 12:13:23
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    IN A CLEAR GLASS CASE HANGING FIVE FEET FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE CEILING OF THE GREAT ROOM IN OUR HOUSE.
  • God damn you Japan. How dare you use Sexual themes to market DVDs.

Fuckers....
  • Well, this is a lot cuter than the old Shmion twincest DVD cover they had last time. I would buy this if it was subbed. :>

http://static.benippon.net/magento/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/4/7/4758011036.jpg">
  • That green that they use for those girls' hair bugs me.  I'm fine with green hair, but that particular green just looks really weird to me.
  • edited 2011-02-11 14:06:49
    Seafoam Green?

It's just the cover art coloring.

It's actually more Vivid Green in the show.
  • Hm... it does seem like it's a little better in the actual show, yeah.

Though, to be totally honest, Rika is the only thing I'm looking at in that picture.

Well her and Satoko (whose name I didn't know until I just looked it up a second ago).
    Not Hanyuu?
  • edited 2011-02-11 14:40:33
    Hanyuu is actually a mother and is 1000+ years old, although she SHOULD qualify under DYRE's preferences, asthetic-wise

-glare-
    What the fuck was that?

Also, isn't that like Miku Hatsune Hair green?
    I find it odd that the hair colors in Higurashi can be so weird, but in Umineko the closest thing to that is the one character with red hair.
  • Hanyuu didn't look loli-ish in that picture.  Until you mentioned it, I didn't know she was even a loli.
    And it's not like I've actually watched Higurashi.

Which is probably for the best, because I'd probably stop thinking any of the characters are cute.
  • edited 2011-02-11 15:03:09
    Then Rei is for you, as is Higurashi Kai.

The great thing about Higurashi is that you can watch the slice of life parts of the arcs, and then when it gets grimdark you can skip to the next arc and ignore the grimdark.

But either way it wasn't intended for lolicon and full-blooded otaku to begin with since most of the characters are too ugly and psychotic to be appealing on the same level as K-On.