If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How do you do anything (aka Sandbox)

Comments

• edited 2011-09-24 15:20:19
    Ok, let's try again...

It works! Thanks Glenn!
  • No rainbow star
    The indent broke again...
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    That house isn't worth eight hundred grand.  Not here at least.

Even with the granite countertops in the kitchen, the 3300+ square feet, and the 2+ acre lot, with professional landscaping, and even if I assume it has a 3-car garage, that's still only about five or six hundred grand here.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ What about location?
    That's why I said "not here at least".

I don't know what Sudbury is like at all.
  • Glenn: Absolutely. But Sudbury isn't where we're from. It's one of the outer suburbs of Boston, about 45 minutes due west, primarily semi-rural type suburbia. That house is about mid-level on the real estate listings. Prices are unreasonably high there in general. See also neighboring Wayland and Weston.

This is the type of place where teens call it "Suckbury" and complain on urban dictionary about how boring it is and how everyone is a rich asshole. Then again, people will often say similar things about my hometown, and maybe yours for all I know? (I forget where in CT you're from...)

I find that house fascinating. It feels stuck in the 90's on several levels. And really...calm. Like, it feels kind of dead. I've seen so many other real estate listings that feel so much more vibrant and full of life.
    Where the heck are you?  West Hartford or something?  I know that's a great place to live, but I wouldn't think that property values would be that drastically higher than property values around here.  I know you said you're west of the river, but I really don't know much about property values apart from my own town and the few neighboring towns, apart from the fact that Stamford/Greenwich/etc. is probably mad expensive to live in.