If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm forum-banned for a week on TvTropes

12346»

Comments

• Because you never know what you might see.
    Stab Copper In The Face, a.k.a. Stabby.

Made when I was much stupider and much more naïve.  It was a joke, but it was a nasty joke.  I don't think people realised how nasty it was at the time.
  • Oh.

I have no recollection of this; it was probably before my time.
    It was a long time ago.  I was like 18 or something.
  • OK yeah it was before our time.

(I don't think it's that nasty somehow, probably because there's no context.)
  • edited 2011-05-12 18:46:01
    I remember it, thought it was kind of funny.
  • Umm, I'm very sorry, and probably shouldn't do that (as I do not wish to see anyone banned, besides, talking about people behind their back is unbecoming), so feel free to thump, but...isn't calling for murder of (group of people) worse than making a disrespectful remark about (group of people), as far as rules breaking goes?
    Yes, but SH was never reported and I doubt he'd be banned now for something he said ages ago.

Besides, as we have established, Rottweiler was not banned for making just that one post.  (As we have also established, there is a liberal bias in OTC, anyway.  Morven all but stated it outright it in that one thread.)
  • I was meant it as response to this post

SH hasn't broken any rules, minus calling for mass murder once or twice obviously. 

Sorry for confusion, should have indicated that.

Anyway, "never been reported" and "did not break the rule" are not the same, especially when the post in question is fairly well-known. (sigh) This one wonders if she should become more report-happy when/if she returns to the main fora? It's not something this one really wishes to be, and would most certainly ruin her reputation as relatively nice gal, but for fairness sake...((
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Allegedly, bending the rules doesn't count as breaking them.
  • Bobby: I am amazed I am not banned yet to be honest.  God help me if I run into another military bashing thread.

Vorpy: yeah but you can only toe the line for so long before you tip over it just a little bit. 
  • I can't decide whether I should ask if I can come back on Sunday, or wait until Monday.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Wait until the day on which you'll be the least cranky. 
  • edited 2011-05-13 18:29:35
    Patrol Time
    The least cranky bit.  I would wait until Monday.  To you know avoid coming across as pushy like a lot of people in the edit banned thread.
  • edited 2011-05-13 19:10:58
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I remember Stab Copper In The Face.

I also have my own one-shot stupid trolling sockpuppet.  Haven't used it since.
  • edited 2011-05-13 19:16:32
    Because you never know what you might see.
    >Anyway, "never been reported" and "did not break the rule" are not the same, especially when the post in question is fairly well-known.

Known by whom?  I never saw it.

>Allegedly, bending the rules doesn't count as breaking them.

Not really true; that's often where "don't be a dick" comes into play.

>Bobby: I am amazed I am not banned yet to be honest.  God help me if I run into another military bashing thread.

You're a COBs regular, aren't you?

But I you'll be fine if you don't blow up in said thread.  You see people being dicks, report them for being dicks and let us handle it.
  • edited 2011-05-14 04:06:11
    Patrol Time
    yeah I visit Cob all the time and shoot the breeze with the porch sitters.

I don't think that confers any special/additional protection on me.

I know have been sharp with the tongue and tone more then a few times honestly.

I usually wait now for barkey to weigh in first.  He is just more calm and cool headed about it by comparison.

I am starting to think the mods are getting a bit worn out.  Really for a place as active as tropes only 6 mods.  That has got to leave you all a bit frazzled at the end of a busy day.
  • edited 2011-05-14 05:59:45
    Because you never know what you might see.
    We're coping.  I think it would help if we had a slightly larger team, but we're fine.
  • Thanks, Bobby!
    Ah... you're welcome, I think?

Gimme a hint here, what did I do?  Good?  Bad?  I can't tell anymore.
  • Maddie lifted the ban, and said to thank you, although posting still appears to be turned off for me.
    Ah, so I wasn't ignored.  Clearly I have trust issues.  One unanswered PM and I'm all "they don't listen to meeeee!"

If you don't get posting abilities back, speak to Maddy.  It's possible she just forgot to lift that part of the ban.
  • I'm waiting for her to get back to me on that.
  • Fixed yet myrm?
  • It's fine, he was posting in Insecurities.