If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm forum-banned for a week on TvTropes

Comments

• edited 2011-05-10 19:12:03
    Cue-bey
    Is there something that calms you down, Myr? Would toddling kittens do it?

Just ignore the audio.
  • Ignore the audio? Why not ignore the kitten? That music is bitchin!
  • HAHA THAT KITTEN IS AWESOME

BOBBY G YOU GET OVER HERE RIGHT THIS MINUTE AND EXPLAIN THIS SHIT

THE KITTEN IS THE ONLY THING KEEPING ME FROM A KILLING SPREE
  • edited 2011-05-10 19:14:29
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Ho shit, going Madoka Meatica on us Myrmy?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    "Toddle" is an actual verb?

Hunh.
  • edited 2011-05-10 20:57:56
    It's possible that this was a 'camel's back' thing, Myr. If wave had had less thumps and warnings than you in the past, they may have seen less reason to ban him.

Because, let's face it, it sounds like you've had quite a few thumps and warnings.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Buh.

I have been avoiding this forum ever since the ban in question because I figured there would be a thread like this here, and this is kind of embarassing to admit, but... I don't actually know why you were banned, Myr.  I wouldn't have been surprised if you and dontcallmewave had both been tempbanned for persistent bickering, but the reason I was given for the ban appeared to be incorrect.  I pointed this out at the time, expected it to be lifted, and received no reply.  So I'm not sure if I've been ignored or if that means the mod who banned you just hasn't seen my post yet.
  • Kwar, I like you and all, but do you ever know why things happen? I get the feeling they keep you in the dark.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Khwarizmi is the Zoidberg of the moderation team.
    Sometimes I know why stuff happens.  More often than not, I think.

The fact of the matter is, we are incredibly bad at communicating with one another.  That's why Hollers exists, otherwise none of us would have a clue what the rest of us were doing.

Also sometimes I think I just come across as really impertinent and whiny, but I may be assuming too much there.
  • There are like 6 of you guys, tops. How could it be hard to communicate?

Why the hell does TvTropes have so few mods?

Eight of us.  Plus Eddie, and Janitor when she's around.

Because Eddie doesn't like to trust too many people with mod powers, I think.  He's cautious like that.
  • edited 2011-05-10 21:11:43
    You can change. You can.
    ^^^ Bobby, with all due respect, you shouldn't give a damn about that. You're a moderator, you're allowed to express your opinion as long as you can argue it validly and properly to the other mods. If you don't, then all you will cause it's general disillusion on yourself. There's no point in bottling whatever bugs you when it comes to that, IMO. 

then again, I have never been a mod, so what do I know?
    I do express my opinion

You know what, I'm PMing Maddy about this.  I doubt it'll get the ban lifted, but I might get some form of explanation.
  • It was nice knowing you, Kwar

on the plus side you'll be here full time
    And you can be a mod! :3
  • You can change. You can.
    No! I want Bobby to be a lowly human being like us! 
  • Should I call the e-undertaker yet

• ... We're all human?
    No reply yet.

Still not banned.

I am not expecting to be banned...
  • You've been wrong before. :P
    Hey, if being mods lets the guys in Edit Banned insult trolls and vandals all they want without repercussion...
    But that thread is permalocked now.
  • ^^I cannot understand that sentence
  • edited 2011-05-10 21:53:50
    Because you never know what you might see.
    It wasn't a sentence.  It was a fragment (consider revising).

And I meant the WT Edit Banned, not the iJam one.  I meant, if other mods are allowed to break the personal attacks rule, I'm not going to be banned for repeating a question.
  • You can change. You can.
    ... We're all human?

Yeah, no matter what Vorpy might tell you, she is indeed a human being. A big boobed, no much-in-her-brain, pink haired human being, but a human being, nonetheless.

Except for the tentacles. That shit ain't human and Vorpy should just cut them off.
    How in the hell did you know I had pink hair?
  • Lucky guess?
    No, this shit is NOT happening again.

Not anymore.
  • Spy camera?