If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

List of long-time Tropers who have bitten the dust

Comments

• Random, think of it this way. If they do mention you, it means you're memorable. If they don't mention you, it means you aren't stupid / obnoxious enough for them to find anything to say about you (not to say that those who have been mentioned by ED are stupid or obnoxious, but... Bleh, I really don't know how to word this, sorry).
  • edited 2011-03-12 18:47:08
    Surely I'm not the only one who doesn't take BEC as if he's even slightly serious?

Regarding the Afghanistan/US hegemony things at least.
  • @Black: Oh, it's just part of my stupid inadequacy thing.  Feel free to disregard it, as I imagine the last thing I can do to be more likeable is wangst about something so stupid.

@MV: It's fine, I get what you're trying to say.  And hey, I've managed to become friends with awesome people like you, so I must be doing somethig right!

• edited 2011-03-12 18:49:44
    Because you never know what you might see.
    @Chagen: That, and, y'know, killing random citizens is kind of a wee bit of a dick move.  Just a little.

Mateo... oh yes, a.k.a. Tsunderee and Chaotic Neutral, IIRC.  Another ban evader.

I don't think BEC was serious.  He was trolling.
  • edited 2012-07-22 17:02:49

• edited 2011-03-12 18:56:50
    The only things I remember about Tsunderee was that he whined about his circumcision, and also was kind of a creepy douchebag.
  • I remember Tsunderee whining about just about everything.

And claiming that we should dismantle the entire military because we have nukes.
  • edited 2012-07-22 17:02:56

• Yeah, that's a good reason to feel thankful.
  • They're somethin' else.
    I actually liked Insofar. I like girls with a wry and morbid sense of humor.

Her insulting DLC was definitely a DMOS though.
  • You're getting them wrong. Insofar insulted Dragon Quest Z, it was Ice Queen who insulted DLC.
    Well, more or less, I mean both Ice Queen and Insofar as a collective.

She introduced me to Bill Hicks. She was cool. For the brief time I knew her, anyway.
  • edited 2011-03-13 11:14:32
    >>I was summoned?

Deboss can be a bit... abrasive when talking about things he doesn't approve of. And there are some subjects which, for the sake of my sanity, I have decided never to attempt to debate with him again.

He also makes a lot of serious and helpful posts, though.

This gives me the warm fuzzies for some reason. I take it you're BobbyG? For the record, if you don't hang out in quadrant 2, you'll miss at least half, if not more, of my posts.
  • Isn't Ice Queen a ban evader?
  • Yeah, but she hasn't done the things that got her banned as Insofar and Ice Queen, so she gets to stick around and the mods pretend to not know it's her. 
  • edited 2011-03-13 11:26:01
    Ah, okay.

I thought it was more of a "once we get proof you are an evader, you are gone" thing.
  • Not that there is conclusive proof, either.
    If this new troper you speak of starts ranting about 20th Century Boys/Monster or Bill Hicks, you've found your troper.
  • Though if she is a ban evader, it's impressive that she could so suddenly downplay her previous personas. Then again, maybe I'm just saying this because our most notorious ban evaders have no tact whatsoever.
  • edited 2011-03-13 13:28:45
    Because you never know what you might see.
    >I take it you're BobbyG?

The one and only.

Interesting way to look at the forum, as quadrants.  I suppose the media column is the y-axis?

Regarding kashchei, I'll admit, I don't think it's remotely likely that she isn't insofar at this point.  But it's not really a case of pretending not to know who she is; when she first signed up, her IP address was different and she was talking about series that I hadn't seen her previous personas talk about, and we decided to just keep an eye on her; she was suspicious, but there was no proof at that point in time.

Over time it's become increasingly apparent that they're the same person, but I doubt she'll be banned all the same because she's been contributing for a long while and caused no trouble.  I don't have the forum banhammer, but if I did, I wouldn't ban her.  Just like if, say, Camacan turned out to be Cosmetor or Katrika turned out to be Sloth Bait.  I'd be surprised, I'd be amused, but at this point, I wouldn't ban either of them about something that happened so long ago when they've been contributing legitimately for a long while since.

(Apologies to Camacan and Katrika.)
  • I just think of it as the "media" column.  I don't use their real names except for media.  I normally converse in quadrant 2, but I read a lot of 1 and 3.  I never even clicked on 4.  Generally if I miss a day and open all the unread threads, I've got about eighty-ninety from Q2 10-20 from Q3 a dozen from Media and half a dozen from Q1.
  • ...quadrants?

What are the quadrants?
  • Sort of like a cartesian grid, I guess?
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Inb4 homestuck

Presumably, 1 = JFF, 2 = Wiki and Forums, 3 = Real-ish, 4 = RPGs, yeah?
  • Oh, that. Now I get it.

2 Needs to move faster and have more people. It seems to be dictated by a group of a few people who feel like they are turning it into an encyclopedia slowly and surely.

1 Where I hang out most of the time, but try not to.

3 I like Real-ish.

4 Don't have an opinion.
  • 3 is just too negative.
  • I believe Tsunderee was Mateo. And I remember him for a thread where he opened by complaining that women apparently get more pleasure out of sex than men or something, and then proceeded to scream inbetween replies, which he ignored, for the remainder of the thread. It was actually funny for a while.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I once knew someone with real-life first name Mateo.  Or Matea.

Cute girl she was.  Dunno where she is now.
  • >Presumably, 1 = JFF, 2 = Wiki and Forums, 3 = Real-ish, 4 = RPGs, yeah?

Yes.
    I also really liked Bon Sequitor. I remember Tzetze being especially upset when he found out HE was banned (though Solstace's temporary exile had something to do with it).