If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

List of long-time Tropers who have bitten the dust

Comments

• It's kinda interesting. I'm also amused that GMH didn't forget me, since it feels like eons since I last logged into YF.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Oh, btw, Aminatep has since been unbanned.
  • Nobody mentioned Some Guy?

Did he get banned? How?
  • Oh, btw, Aminatep has since been unbanned.
    For now...

Did he get banned? How?
    I'd like to know as well, all I knew is that he retreated from the forum due to disagreements on how things were being handled in Trope Repair Shop... now that I think about it, that was just a ban-resulting misunderstanding waiting to happen, but he was very reasonable, so I find it hard to believe he'd get himself banned.
    He did.  He was banned, IIRC, for ignoring consensus and the lack thereof and acting as though he knew better than everybody else.
  • Silence is golden.

IIRC (I can't find the thread right now), he showed up to ask why he was banned and Fighteer responded it was because he "ignored TRS concensus". He seemed reasonable enough but his wiki talkpage and some comment by Madrugada shows he had an habit of making large, terrible changes to pages without waiting for anyone's opinion.

"Are sure Eponymous Kid is banned?"

His ban is limited to the forum, yeah. In fact he has an habit of using Ask the Tropers and liveblogs as a substitute for the forum (to everyone's annoyance).

• Well, that clears out what happened to Some Guy. Now someguy, that dude was a douche, I wonder where he went...
  • There's no possible way Major Tom will get banned before Tongpu and Deboss. And those two are unlikely to ever get banned,
  • Don't worry, I was just trying to get Bobby G to post more by namedropping him.
  • Why would Deboss get banned? He doesn't seem that bad and... I don't post in OTC enough, do I?
  • edited 2011-03-12 15:42:48
    Because you never know what you might see.
    I was summoned?

Deboss can be a bit... abrasive when talking about things he doesn't approve of.  And there are some subjects which, for the sake of my sanity, I have decided never to attempt to debate with him again.

He also makes a lot of serious and helpful posts, though.
  • By the by, did Bioelectricclam ever get banned?
    He's not on my forum banned or edit banned list, though he might be site banned.  I haven't seen him in a while, either way.
  • Yeah, Eventually I just started clicking out of every thread he was the OP of immediately, and that seemed to work fine.
  • >Some Guy
    >Aminatep
    >Eponymous Kid
    >Bioelectricclam

Why have I heard of none of these people?
  • Because you appeared rather recently, and probably didn't pay much attention to most of IJBM.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Yeah, I've been around tvtropes for about three years and I know some of those people.  I actually didn't Some Guy was banned until I stumbled on his tvtropes history blog.
  • Okay, imagine the dumbest person you can think of, who none the less manages to communicate clearly. That's Bioelectricclam.
    Bioelectricclam was the one who infamously wrote that watching a bad adaptation of his favourite series was like watching his sister being raped, only possibly a bit worse.
  • I had somebody dumber until you said "communicates clearly".
  • Rarely seen him out of his Eaglelander Patriotic Fervor persona, so I can't judge, but I kind of like said persona.
  • @Khwar: Ah yes, I remember that thread.  Man, I had my beefs with the AtLA movie too, but it wasn't THAT bad.  I think he listed the reason that he'd rather watch his sister be raped was because he wouldn't have had to pay for that, so yeah.
  • Oh, I remember seeing the "worse than watching my sister be raped" post on ED.
  • ED has never mentioned me once.  I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted.
  • edited 2012-07-22 17:02:25

• ^ You're right, I'm just afraid that I'm more of the "he isn't even good enough to troll." kind of poster rather than the "we can't find anything to troll him over" type.
  • edited 2011-03-12 18:35:54
    Silence is golden.
    "Last Airbender was like watching my sister being raped" was good yeah, but my favorite BEC post is that time on OTC where he said that US soldiers stationed in Afghanistan should kill random citizens and show that on national tv. To scare dem Talibans you see, It probably is purged now.

10/10 will rage daily.
  • edited 2011-03-12 18:37:09
    [tɕagɛn]
    ...That would be a massive waste of resources.

Not to mention the Taliban would probably consider them to be martyr's, which would cause the whole thing to backfire.
  • @Glowsquid: That... kind of makes me glad I didn't spend more time in OTC. 

Hey, does anybody else remember Mateo?  Man, I loved that guy.

• edited 2012-07-22 17:02:40