If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Suggest forum changes/features and report bugs here!

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I found this bug when posting a table; apparently it pasted the first table once again at the end of the post.  Though I went into the HTML while editing and removed it myself.

• No rainbow star

And CountryPumpkin just showed the glitch! :D

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

•  

• I found this bug when posting a table; apparently it pasted the first table once again at the end of the post.  Though I went into the HTML while editing and removed it myself.

•  

When I copy/paste from this site, this happens.

• edited 2012-02-17 02:17:13
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

> Maybe the mobile site uses some part of the previous editor that was buggy about that. As you may remember, the old editor had trouble with doing linebreaks properly.

Should be fixed now.  For the record, the mobile theme uses the original vanilla (lol puns) editor.

I forced it so that the mobile theme runs posts through nl2br to convert newlines into
    tags so they display properly on the normal site (which doesn't run posts being displayed through nl2br due to the new editor on the normal site causing more whitespace then your eyes have room for)

EDIT: As for the copy/paste issue, I can't get it to re-create; pasting for me pastes it unformatted.  Which browser are you using that gives bulletpoints? 

• edited 2012-02-17 01:55:44
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

test line 1
    test line 2
    test line 3

IT WORKS

• edited 2012-02-17 18:38:43
    No rainbow star
    It's causing problems

I hit return there twice. It inserts a
    after every new line then still reads each new line as a new line, making it double the lines
  • The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

each return key is supposed to turn into a
    though, which your post there seems to have, as there's one blank line.

• No rainbow star

Looking at it now:

It's a problem with how the mobile site renders stuff. It renders each new line as a
    along with the
    's themselves, doubling the number of lines

Can you fix how the mobile site reads this stuff?

• edited 2012-02-18 12:53:38
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

ah yeah, I see it now.  conversion cancelling go! *zoom off to fix* 

EDIT: fixed 

• No rainbow star
    Thank you! :D
  • Has friends besides tanks now

So, is there any way we could stop setting it to sign people out after a certain amount of time; I'll go a while like normal, but eventually, when I refresh the page, it's signed me out. Does this happen to anyone else, and is there anything we could do about it? It's not a huge deal, but it's kind of annoying.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It only happens late at night for me.

• You can change. You can.

I'm always signed in, unless I have ticked out the "Keep me signed in" box or logged out myself.

Or when I follow a link here.

i think even if you do that it signs people out once every few weeks.

Hasn't happened to me. then again, I end up getting logged out due to the permalink bug a lot.

• On that note, would it be possible to fix the bug where you can be logged in on itjustbugsme.com but not www.itjustbugsme.com, or vice versa? It's annoying to click on a link and have to log in to the same website you're already logged into.

• No rainbow star
    ^ I use that to be logged into my main account and a sock puppet at the same time :D

^^ That's not a bug as much as it is how cookies work, as it considers with the www and without 2 different domains.  I could just force anything under www. to redirect to the one without though with some server fu if there's no real objections to that.

^ Separate browsers are a good thing, though I have like 5 or so different browsers and a few other comps at my disposal :P 

• edited 2012-02-19 15:58:13

When the last post you've read in a thread would be the second-to-last post on a page, and there are two new posts (possibly if there are more as well, but definitely at least two), then clicking on the thread will automatically bring you to the next page even though there will still be one post on the previous page that you haven't read yet.

Most likely, this has to do with the fact that the first post in a thread isn't counted as part of the 50 posts per page (so the first page will actually have 51 posts total), but it does count as a post for the purposes of deciding which page to send you to when you click on the thread.

This isn't a new bug at all, but, well, it's still a bug, so... 

• No rainbow star
    ^^ ...Do you realize how many sockpuppets I have?

>Implying you're not an Unknown Entity sockpuppet.

ahahahahaha how quaint.

• No rainbow star

If I am, then he's really good o.o;

^^^ I bet you have four.

^^ If he is, then I seem to be good at sockpuppeting without knowing I am. 

• edited 2012-02-20 01:00:59
    No rainbow star
    Link, Pikachu, Bowser, Generic Evil Villain, and I know I've got others
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

phone

Well, now we know who was phone.

• edited 2012-02-20 12:32:16
    Has friends besides tanks now

I have two questions, now that I've clicked "Categories" and noticed something:

1. Can we change the caption of "IJBM Meta"? It says, "Bitch about the death of IJBM at TVTropes here. Meta as all hell." at the moment, but it hasn't really concerned itself with IJBM I for a while (thankfully), and as it is, it's misleading.

2. Is there any way we could hide the displayed "Most Recent" thread name for the "Back Room" category?

2. It's not displayed when I'm not logged in.

1. I can go change that.

• Us muggles can't see the Back Room category on that list at all, so it's probably not a thing to worry about.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Oooh. Well, yeah, that solves that.